Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Carrying 8' board in truck

Re: Carrying 8' board in truck

Quote Originally Posted by snwbrdr435 View Post
    It's always nice when the Patagucci is free. That said it's like paddling with cement blocks for hands and elastic bands holding them to your sides.
    Hence the lesser suit and electric vest. I think of it as a function extender that can be worn under any suit to great effect. Wanna paddle in a 4/3 on a mild winter day? or a 3/2 late into the fall? Put the vest on and go for it.

0 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

so guess what cheap AF idea I used today and liked:

take dusty patio umbrella that was used once & throw it into truck stake pocket and...voila!

surf shade!

worked remarkably well...no EZ up required...and I can take it to the desert

anyways...waves today in San Onofre were pretty small, mellow, and low momentum...caught a few though with a couple peeps in a surfing group

0 Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke
    instagram @cali2t

Temps in the 80’s means beach weather...had to sneak out for a bit!

Waves were gentle, current was nagging, but sets were pretty far apart which meant lots of waiting...but that is okay because I was out of breath haha

I also tried out a portable micro fiber towel today...way less to carry and worked adequately to dry my feet after hosing off. My moto beach surf kit is almost complete

Also did another wheelie when I approached a group of 600’s rolling up PCH

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 06-02-18 at 06:59 PM.
    instagram @cali2t

The SoCal heat wave (July/August) has begun!

While the locals melt and whine about 2 months of warmth I am taking advantage of nature’s air conditioning

4 foot waves formed and crashed quickly...was in the wrong spot a couple times paddling on top of a wave, then suddenly looked down and was a few feet above the water about to land

Be careful out there...but still felt good to mellow out and cool down...super short rides

And in true local SoCal fashion, I got agitated with all the crowds and kids near the shore. I swear they aim for the spot you are aiming for, and if you change direction they a for that. I got off quick to make sure I wasn’t anywhere close to shore

0 Not allowed!
    instagram @cali2t

With no Street bike in the stable, I danced around with the idea of a surf board rack on the mountain bike...seal beach is. 5 mile bike ride.

Google/YouTube shows some easy options with pvc

Then I did a 3.5 mile ride to the gym in the hills and could do it, but definitely not after a surf.

After my YZ comes back, I will try a cheap PVC mount for that to use this summer...YZ is perfect power for 15 minute ride down to the beach...free parking...and wheelies down PCH

0 Not allowed!
    instagram @cali2t

dying to see, ride, and surf pismo this summer...but will likely include 3 other humans plus luggage.

I usually toss the board in the bed, but I need the bed space for dirt bike and luggage since an '01 extra cab F150 barely has enough interior space for 4 adults. The only thing I can think of

the straps/rack are designed to mount to a rack...which my truck does not have.

google says just run the ends into the car and close the door, and

a twist on the straps to minimize noise/vibration

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by breakdirt916; 07-15-18 at 03:23 PM.
    instagram @cali2t

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234