carrying weapons in NH...

Here's the deal:

NH and MA do not reciprocate. HOWEVER in NH you do NOT need a gun permit unless you want to carry concealed, and within arms reach.
    A handgun in the glove box is considered concealed, the same weapon in the trunk is not.

Sgt. Thomas Stinglen said you can get a permit at the state police station during business hours; with a MA permit it should be no problem.

He suggested just putting the weapons in the trunk for transporting.

Have fun.
    I want to party with you, let me know.

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

How long does it take to get the permit in NH? Can you do it through the mail?

0 Not allowed!

Hey did you see that cop RevHappy's Avatar

?

If you live in NH you can walk right into any store even walmart and buy a rifle and walk out age permited...As far as hand guns I think there is a waiting period not sure maybe CS and tell us. Funny I was thinking of taking a class and buying a rifle for target shooting only. Does anybody have a gun?

0 Not allowed!

RevHappy's Website

2004 Titan Custom 1750cc
    2004 Honda Recon ES
    2003 Yamaha YZF R6
    4 Sale 6,500
    2001 KawasakiKDX 200

"I'll tell you what I tell my girl...Even a broken clock is right twice a day"

2 weeks. They have to tell you yes or no and if no why in writting within 2 weeks.

Out of staters have to apply in Concord.

Just to reiterate, you don't need a permit in NH unless you want to carry concealed and within arms reach.

0 Not allowed!
    LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Well hey while we're on the subject of handguns... anyone in MA with a Class A interested in the following:

- Beretta 92D High-Cap (D= Double Action)
    - 3 15 round magazines (Pre-ban, hence the need for a Class A)
    - Fobus Holster

Gun is in awesome condition, there are light use marks on the barrel and that's it...

$375.00/bo

I'm looking to get a smaller, more concealable gun... I would rather keep it at home, but the wife disagrees... so I told her I would try and sell it.... I can only sell to MA residents though, no FFL obviously...

If anyone is interested let me know... you can email me at mike@vinciulla.com

0 Not allowed!

Re: ?

Originally posted by RevHappy
    If you live in NH you can walk right into any store even walmart and buy a rifle and walk out age permited...As far as hand guns I think there is a waiting period not sure maybe CS and tell us. Funny I was thinking of taking a class and buying a rifle for target shooting only. Does anybody have a gun?
    Lemme know, Doug. I have a bunch of rifles that you can play with. C'mon up sometime and we'll head out to a sand pit so you can get used to 'em...

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Vince you can sell it outta state if you ship it from a FFL to a FFL I know people who do that through www.gunbroker.com you could put it up for auction there... I'm not a big fan of Berrettas but if you'd like to try out a glock let me know I have a 26 and a 19 (both 9mm one compact one subcompact)

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by GadgettR1; 10-18-02 at 04:42 PM.

When I lived in Mass, both the wife and I got permits to carry in NH. They mailed us the applications, wife says "department of saftey", whole process was done by mail. Didn't take too long, don't remember exactly how long though. Was definately better than the interrogate and wait system in Mass.

0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by GadgettR1
    Vince you can sell it outta state if you ship it from a FFL to a FFL I know people who do that through www.gunbroker.com you could put it up for auction there... I'm not a big fan of Berrettas but if you'd like to try out a glock let me know I have a 26 and a 19 (both 9mm one compact one subcompact)

So Gadgett... how would I find a dealer that could ship it for me? and what would it cost? I am signed up on Gun Broker... and would like to put it there... but am unsure about the whole shipping out of state thing...

I've shot a Glock 27 and 23C before... loved them both... I would like to get a 27... but they are hard to come by in MA.... and when you do find one they want $700 or so for it....

I handled the Beretta 9000s .40cal this weekend and it fit me very nicely... so I think I will go with that.... once I sell the 92 anyway....

0 Not allowed!

On gunbroker they have a list of do's and don'ts sorta.. check it out...

http://www.gunbroker.com/user/SellerTutorial.asp

I'm thinking of selling my AR15 on there so I'll be reading and checking out all the do's and don'ts myself sometime soon...let me know how it works out for you.

0 Not allowed!