Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

CBS tonight at 7pm....stunters sportbikers

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

Watch CBS tonight at 7:00pm for a reportage of sportbike stunters endangering traffic...looks interesting.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

I missed it. What did it say?

2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400

I think it was on Inside Edition

This is what I found on their website

Thursday, November 11 Out Of Control BIkers
    Across the country, police say groups of motorcycle riders are using the public roadways for their own high-speed stunt shows. And much too often, authorities are unable to apprehend the brazen bikers on their high-speed, high-octane sport bikes. Inside Edition takes a look at the tragic toll that some free-wheeling bikers have caused on innocent victims and rides along with police as they show firsthand what they’re up against.

But no video or expanded story

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

is it just me or has this become more of an apidemic this year than years past? I don't make it down to MA much anymore. I did go down there a lot when I was in college (02 grad) and it seems that I never once saw anyone stunting on the interstate before. This year, the last 4 times that I was in MA I witnessed people stunting on I93. Is it just my timing or has it been more prevelant this year?

Bras cause cancer.

Oh that's just great. Like we need any help from the media to further enhance the negative image of sportbikers.

Thanks alot, all you crack investigative reporters. Nevermind that there are far more responsible sportbikers, just focus on the "dangerous" riders. Thanks for giving the insurance companies another reason to raise our premiums.

LRRS#167

well it was awful to see some stunts on highways turning very bad...some car drivers getting killed also. THey were stunting and crashing on the highway. But these are just a bunch of assholes in my opinion. There are more responsibles sportbikers than there is stupid ones, I think...unfortunatly...what do you expect from channel news? THey don't thrive to show the good side of things...

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

you know....i have thought about this a lot cause of the people that stunt on the highways and the bad press and it gets handed off to all of us. 'a few bad apples spoil the bunch' is not just a load of shit, you know. I dont' think that stuntin on the highway is a good thing at all - when i see it...."fuckin idiots"....

When it comes to sportbikes - you see stunters and people racing through traffic and bad press. when it comes to choppers and harleys you see doctors and and CEO's.

we need 7s to throw that fund raiser together with Core6 and get some news people there. Every little bit of good press helps.......

Bras cause cancer.

Littering and........

Originally posted by Nikon
    is it just me or has this become more of an apidemic this year than years past? I don't make it down to MA much anymore. I did go down there a lot when I was in college (02 grad) and it seems that I never once saw anyone stunting on the interstate before. This year, the last 4 times that I was in MA I witnessed people stunting on I93. Is it just my timing or has it been more prevelant this year?
    I think the whole stunting craze has been following the pricing and financing availability of super hot bikes. Every swinging dick has a friggin R6 these days, and thats their first bike.

Plus, think of it this way - you're a 18 year old, you have a car, and have maybe $250 a month to shake loose for a cool set of wheels. What are your options for cars? For $250 a month, you can get a new....Cavalier. Or a Tiburon. Or a Focus. But for the same loot (or less), you can buy a new R1/GSXR1000/Hayabusa/Zx10 that will blow off anything. Period. You can buy the biggest cock on the block.

So its no surprise that more and more people are stunting, simply because they have a bike that does it so effortlessly.

IMO, we should have a system like they do in Japan - you have to earn a license for your bike. You start off with a little bike, like a 125, and then you earn a 250 license and can buy a 250, then a 500, etc, etc.

I Dance With Will

Originally posted by Nikon
    'a few bad apples spoil the bunch' is not just a load of shit, you know.

you said it bro. just like the cops.

"fuckit!"

I Dance With Will

Originally posted by Mr. E. Squid
    the good/smart stunters won't really have to worry, for if they're good enough, they simply aren't likely to get caught...
    well i dunno man. my luck has ran out on me lately.

"fuckit!"

NESR ruined my life. chr|s sedition's Avatar

well, a lot of it also falls on *us* too. collectivlly riders should make it well known to various squids that stunting on highways just *isn't* acceptable. peer pressure can be worth something.

"Up front there ought to be a man in black." -John Cash

LISTEN TO SLAYER
    If I get another fuckin' bike stolen...

Originally posted by chr|s sedition
    well, a lot of it also falls on *us* too. collectivlly riders should make it well known to various squids that stunting on highways just *isn't* acceptable. peer pressure can be worth something.
    agreed... however...one thing remains...how?

you never get that side of things. Obviously the news is going to write a story as they want to portray it too. I doubt a clip of "good riders" would do too much. However...something big (pay attention 7s) would be good publicity for sportbikes and ecspecially NESR.

I know that 7s wouldn't do that for the publicity and the only important thing is to raise some dough for Bridget but to get some pubilicty may draw a larger crowd and if it were to make the news....more donations could come in. Let's get this ball rollin

Bras cause cancer.

Freestyle Street Rider Brian_C6's Avatar

and we all thought this thread would go on without my $.02.... hehehe. NOPE!!

I watched it last night. It was 10 minutes of lies. I noticed they mentioned that accident we discussed on here a month ago (the woman cut off by stunters who flipped her SUV - proved later the stunt riders were not responsible). They conveniently tossed out irrelevant fact like (70% increase in motorcycle accidents last year). It proven that 80% of all motorcycle accidents are cause by inexperienced, middle-aged men with large cubic inch motorcycles, and usually involve alcohol. This increase in accidents could also be partly due to the HUGE increase in motorcycle sales within the past 4 years. Typically with recessions / depressions, people turn to recreation vehicles as a "release". With a high volume of ownership, accidents will increase. I would like to see a ratio number (owner / accidents). All this stuff has been proven and wasn't mentioned at any time in the special. All facts taken out of context and just isn't fair to sportbikers. I understand stunting on the highway is wrong but don't lie about it all. This goes well beyond stunt riding too.... they said drag racing and high speed pursuits. The phrase "performance bikes" I think they used. It's all so untrue.

Listen, I know TONS of people who break the law. Stunting is just another version of a violation.... and it's no more dangerous that speeding, driving under the influence, or spinning tires on the pavement at a red light. They are all illegal and dangerous (to you and others). Some drivers are effected by these actions and I agree the violator should be at fault, but give me a break... it isn't as bad as they made it out to be.

I've been stunting my motorcycle for almost 5 years now. I began in 2001 and I know / known a great deal of riders. I've seen people start out "crashing" and mature as top level professionals. We've all fell victim to the illegal Interstate activity throughout the years, but I will say, I don't know of very many who have died attempting what we do. It's dangerous, I admit, but I raced motocross for a few years and I've been on the track..... I think those sports are MUCH MUCH more dangerous.

Brian

I Dance With Will

Originally posted by Brian_C6

.... and it's no more dangerous that speeding, driving under the influence, or spinning tires on the pavement at a red light. They are all illegal and dangerous (to you and others).

Brian
    lets clear up the speeding a little bit shall we? because you'r clear about where it's dangerous to spin the wheel. it's not dangerous to speed on a deserted road.

"fuckit!"

Originally posted by Kham
    lets clear up the speeding a little bit shall we? because you'r clear about where it's dangerous to spin the wheel. it's not dangerous to speed on a deserted road.
    It is dangerous to yourself to do so, and potentially dangerous to people further up the road that you can't see and don't know about at the moment you are speeding... but I know what yer tryin to say...

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

Just this past week, surprisingly even with the cold weather, I've seen a sportbike on 291 in Springfield speeding like crazy, he embark on a ramp going to connect on 91, he went passing on the right, between two vehicles that were very close, cutting the one on the right lane, and right after, cutting the other car in the left lane. Careless sportbiker. He could have caused a horrible accident. A few weeks ago, I saw a guy on 91 doing a wheelie for a continuous distance, with bunch of cars around him. Same thing I saw a few months ago coming back from the beach, but this time the guy was wearing barely nothing, was wheeling and cutting off cars, AND had a passenger on the back, the girlie wearing a tank top and shorts flipping in the wind.

So when you say it's all lies....I think you're going a bit strong. I don't know but those images I saw on TV yesterday, of sportbikers stunting and speeding on highways with cars around them, and crashing their bikes with the rider going across the road like a ragdoll, didn't seem fiction to me at all. It was too real.

Yeah, and me doing 80mph / 400ft endo's, circle wheelies, and 12 o'clock scrapes on a deserted road is less dangerous (to me) than doing 200mph on the same road. I'm not into going fast... I get scared.

BTW, what's your point?

Brian

I Dance With Will

Originally posted by hohum
    It is dangerous to yourself to do so, and potentially dangerous to people further up the road that you can't see and don't know about at the moment you are speeding... but I know what yer tryin to say...
    well if there are people up the road then it wouldn't be deserted. if you know for sure like in the dessert.

"fuckit!"

I Dance With Will

Yeah, and me doing 80mph / 400ft endo's, circle wheelies, and 12 o'clock scrapes on a deserted road is less dangerous (to me) than doing 200mph on the same road. I'm not into going fast... I get scared.

BTW, what's your point?

Brian
    point is going fast is not any dangerous given the right condition and the right vehicle.

edit: like the airplane cruising at an altitude at what? over 600mph? there's nothing up there to bring it down.

"fuckit!"

Originally posted by MissTwisties
    So when you say it's all lies....I think you're going a bit strong. I don't know but those images I saw on TV yesterday, of sportbikers stunting and speeding on highways with cars around them, and crashing their bikes with the rider going across the road like a ragdoll, didn't seem fiction to me at all. It was too real.
    I'm not denying that illegal activity on the highway's exist. I'm just telling you that for every 1 stunter tearing up traffic, there are 10 more fat, inexperienced guys, riding home on their Harley after drinking beer at a local bar, causing fatal accidents. It's a fact.

So you tell me... where is the "Primetime Special Report" is on drunk, middle-aged men who are statistically more dangerous to society than sportbikers?

It's just facts. That's all I'm saying.

Brian

Lifer

My wheelies is garbage

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Originally posted by Kham
    point is going fast is not any dangerous given the right condition and the right vehicle.

edit: like the airplane cruising at an altitude at what? over 600mph? there's nothing up there to bring it down.
    I'm just telling you I feel safer doing 12 o'clock tail scrapes than going 130mph.... no matter what the variables may be. That is just me. I know you may feel different.

I guess my point is.... I've 2,000 tail scrapes and I've only hit 130mph 2-3 times. I'm more in control of my bike scraping tail.

Brian

I Dance With Will

BTW, what's your point?

Brian
    hey Brian, you're doing both, stunt and speed.

"fuckit!"

Originally posted by hessogood
    My wheelies is garbage

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

I Dance With Will

Originally posted by Mr. E. Squid
    those right wing conservatve types just looooove the publicity of stories of young evil hooligan bikers who are out to rape their daughters and hurt innocent bystanders.....
    you said it bro. hey wait a minute. aren't you the right wingers.

"fuckit!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast