Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

View Poll Results: Chainsaws: What Brand do You Use? And Why?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stihl

34 41.46%
  • Husqvarna (from a Dealer)

30 36.59%
  • Japanese (Tanaka, Shindaiwa, etc.)

0 0%
  • Chinese (any Big Box Store Brand; Husky, Jonsered, Earthquake, BlueMax, etc.)

13 15.85%
  • Other: I know I missed a few, Just post it below

7 8.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 13334344454647484950515253
Results 1,301 to 1,304 of 1304

Chainsaws: What do You Have?

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Re: Chainsaws: What do You Have?

as you are well aware. it is most always fuel or spark related. mostly fuel with my experience

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Thought I'd post on my experience with cordless vs gas chainsaws. I have a 1980 Husqvarna Rancher 44 that works well once I get it running. It has a non-safety chain that throws big chips and cuts great.

I wanted a cordless leaf blower and decided to get a cordless chainsaw that runs on the same battery system since the Husky has been a little reluctant to run well lately. I bought the Greenworks Pro 60v blower and their 18" chainsaw so I'd have two batteries and two chargers.

I've used the saw a few times now to clear out blowdowns on some local hiking and biking trails. It cuts very well, but not quite as fast as my gas saw with the more aggressive chain. It's a little lighter than the Husky but not by much, maybe 1/2 lb. It was easier to put in a pack with the battery removed for lugging it a couple miles out into the woods so that was nice.

The biggest difference that I found was when I got the bar pinched in a leaner. I had wedges to free it but I still had to tug on the saw to get it out, and that's when I noticed how much more the plastic frame flexes vs the cast aluminum Husky frame. No doubt the Husky is the sturdier tool.

The instant starting and lack of noise from the electric was really nice, especially when I didn't want to draw attention to the fact that I was cutting the blowdowns without specific permission from the conservation commission. A few neighbors and abutters came through with their dogs while I was doing it and thanked me profusely.

So far I'd say that if I was still cutting and burning many cords of firewood per year I would probably stick with a gas saw. For an occasional user like me who only needs it a few times a year I think the cordless saw is fine.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Try a battery powered saw, you will like it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I just bought a Timberline Sharpener, I'll try it out tomorrow

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject