Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

View Poll Results: Chainsaws: What Brand do You Use? And Why?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stihl

34 41.46%
  • Husqvarna (from a Dealer)

30 36.59%
  • Japanese (Tanaka, Shindaiwa, etc.)

0 0%
  • Chinese (any Big Box Store Brand; Husky, Jonsered, Earthquake, BlueMax, etc.)

13 15.85%
  • Other: I know I missed a few, Just post it below

7 8.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 14344445464748495051525354
Results 1,326 to 1,330 of 1330

Chainsaws: What do You Have?

Re: Chainsaws: What do You Have?

Related topic.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    If you get a thumbs down from me, pm me, it was inadvertent

Finally, a Timberline Sharpener Report
    , it did not save any time over sharpening with a file & guide, BUT all the teeth are the same length, angle of edge, etc. it cuts straight, with nice chips. as good, or better than a bench grinder sharpener, and can easily be used in the field

I had to fiddle a few minutes to fully understand the instructions, even after watching the video, but once I got the tool set correctly on the bar, and the stop set, it went slick, as with filing, mark your starting tooth with a marker

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    , it did not save any time over sharpening with a file & guide, BUT all the teeth are the same length, angle of edge, etc. it cuts straight, with nice chips. as good, or better than a bench grinder sharpener, and can easily be used in the field

I had to fiddle a few minutes to fully understand the instructions, even after watching the video, but once I got the tool set correctly on the bar, and the stop set, it went slick, as with filing, mark your starting tooth with a marker
    Awesome! I'll have to check it out when I drop off tires (20") for your garden!

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Thank you, sir.

John
    CCS/LRRS Expert #69
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2004
    "Speed has a kind of affinity for me, it's the time God and I have our little talks."

I'm guessing now that you have it set-up, things will be a lot smoother from this point. The set-up seems very similar to a bench grinder.

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?