Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Character Feedback - Chris Dove

Re: Character Feedback - Chris Dove

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    So, you're OK with a member of the community listing bike here without a title, while advertising the same bike with title on CL?

Especially one whose integrity has been called into question on a previous transaction involving a bike, and walking away from another obligation?
    Is it his idea of a troll/joke? If so its a strange thing to do if people already have a feeling he's a loser (right or wrong).

0 Not allowed!

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Never said I was ok with anything that has been done by said member. just pointing out that the ensuing discussion is entertaining.

0 Not allowed!
    https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    Is it his idea of a troll/joke? If so its a strange thing to do if people already have a feeling he's a loser (right or wrong).
    Must be. He's not stupid.

0 Not allowed!

Definitely troll. Follows his recent pattern. Inciting drama.

0 Not allowed!

Lifer

Some of the other issues brought up previously seem to devolve in to a he-said she-said game. This one seems reasonably clear cut. He claims to have title, and even says 'in hand'. Not like you can say 'I thought I had it when I posted it, but realized I can't find it'. CL add 3/28 9:50am, NESR post 3/29 at 9:44am, CL add updated 3/29 10:52am.

So he has the title on 3/28 or 3/29, but makes a post in between saying he doesn't have the title. Or he didn't have it when he made the ad, found the title, updated the CL ad, but intentionally won't mention that on NESR.

0 Not allowed!
    02 Aprilia Futura
    86 GPz900R

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
    It's being treated as any other for sale thread from a moderation perspective, which is a good thing. They're not giving character references, but there are rules to the Classifieds section that apply to ALL threads, regardless of how much of an asshat the OP might be. There are numerous other places here where people can voice their opinion of him, but unless the bike for sale is proven to be illegitimate / stolen / whatever, it has to be treated as a valid item.
    JohnnyV, I understand the rules. Like you, I've been here a LONG time.

But guess what, this isn't a government job. This isn't a place where we may be fired for not following the rules. This is a PRIVATE forum. Where membership can be granted or denied at will. By the owner.

And know what else, Chris Dove is a fucking problem. Weather any of the shit said about him is true or even if its 100% complete fabrication, hes a problem here....

I'm a PAYING 'Premium Member', I buy the t shirts, I support the advertising vendors, I buy the track days at NESR auctions which get paid to NESR. I offer advice and experience and sometimes I have a funny joke.

I would like to see this idiot gone. Why? So nobody else, especially someone I know, gets screwed over.

Again, I understand the rules, but why they are so vigorusly upheld for this dickhead, I'll never understand.

2 Not allowed!
    Last edited by jwm2k3; 03-29-16 at 02:50 PM.
    Johnny

Its an Italian bike...Ive had (have?) a few

This isn't 'Nam, Johnny. There are rules.

2 Not allowed!

Lifer

I was banned from triumphrat.net "forever" for trying to post my bike for sale before the "rules" required... and maybe for giving a mod a little shit.

0 Not allowed!

Lifer

Good moderation means that occasionally, some lee-way in either direction is applied. Removing it isn't a good idea, but linking out to discussion on previous concerns with a seller, as well as the discrepancy with the CL ad are.

0 Not allowed!
    02 Aprilia Futura
    86 GPz900R

....................... PinHead's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2018 Onewheel XR

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post

But guess what, this isn't a government job. This isn't a place where we may be fired for not following the rules. This is a PRIVATE forum. Where membership can be granted or denied at will. By the owner.

And know what else, Chris Dove is a fucking problem. Weather any of the shit said about him is true or even if its 100% complete fabrication, hes a problem here....

I'm a PAYING 'Premium Member', I buy the t shirts, I support the advertising vendors, I buy the track days at NESR auctions which get paid to NESR. I offer advice and experience and sometimes I have a funny joke.

I would like to see this idiot gone. Why? So nobody else, especially someone I know, gets screwed over.

Again, I understand the rules, but why they are so vigorusly upheld for this dickhead, I'll never understand.
    Good points!

1 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Just a couple things to point out, what has he done here on this forum, other than screw Jim out of some rent money, and make some random smartass posts? What happened years ago on other forums, is not our problem. Those past stories are nothing more than he said/she said and it doesn't/shouldn't matter to us. There's no screening or approval process to join this forum, which may be privately owned, but is still a public forum.

What you're asking us to do would be similar to a police officer stopping a 1000cc sportbike and giving him a ticket because he "thought" he was going to break the speed limit sometime in the future...it's foolish and unreasonable.

One thing that is very clear, the members here remember more than one would think. If this guy is so bad, I'm confident the members here will not let a single post of his go unnoticed and would call him out on it...which this thread is proof of.

1 Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Just a couple things to point out, what has he done here on this forum, other than screw Jim out of some rent money, and make some random smartass posts? What happened years ago on other forums, is not our problem. Those past stories are nothing more than he said/she said and it doesn't/shouldn't matter to us. There's no screening or approval process to join this forum, which may be privately owned, but is still a public forum.

What you're asking us to do would be similar to a police officer stopping a 1000cc sportbike and giving him a ticket because he "thought" he was going to break the speed limit sometime in the future...it's foolish and unreasonable.

One thing that is very clear, the members here remember more than one would think. If this guy is so bad, I'm confident the members here will not let a single post of his go unnoticed and would call him out on it...which this thread is proof of.
    Damnit all! These are good points too. I hate that!

2 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by R7 View Post
    Just a couple things to point out, what has he done here on this forum, other than screw Jim out of some rent money, and make some random smartass posts? What happened years ago on other forums, is not our problem. Those past stories are nothing more than he said/she said and it doesn't/shouldn't matter to us. There's no screening or approval process to join this forum, which may be privately owned, but is still a public forum.//
    Some of the people from California who joined here are perfectly happy to give their unalloyed version of events, if you are so inclined to get to the truth of the matter.

I believe others have stated that last season he competed for a Novice trophy even though he had racing experience out west? If true this is another indication of someone who is out for numero uno.

He could have addressed this title issue squarely. He didn't, inciting this further line of distrust.

0 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

If you don't want to see his posts, click "ignore user".

If he breaks a rule, that's one thing. But ban him for something that happened elsewhere?

Similar to jwm2k3 shitting on his FS thread which IS against the rules. Yeah, let that slide. Funny that someone who actually broke an NESR rule is calling for us to ban the guy.

If you don't want the bike, don't buy it. If you want the bike and the title, contact him through CL.

The guy he supposedly stiffed out of rent money didn't even ask for him to be banned.

Lol. We're either forum nazis who "delete and edit threads all the time without permission" or we are actively encouraging people to get ripped off by not being the protective parent to a bunch of grown adults.

Grow a pair.

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by TheIglu; 03-29-16 at 03:54 PM.
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Besides, with a $3k basically stock first gen SV, how is this even still a discussion. It ain't gunna sell on here. Moot point.

3 Not allowed!
    Last edited by TheIglu; 03-29-16 at 04:47 PM.
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

The people from California lost a shit ton of credibility by watching this forum carefully to badmouth the guy every chance they get way beyond what is reasonable to get their side of the story across.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

I dont care what he did or didnt do out west.

His presence here creates a shitstorm of bad feelings and hatred. He upsets the NESR community as well as the LRRS community.

As far as 'grow a pair' who are you directing that to?

0 Not allowed!
    Johnny

I dont care what he did or didnt do out west.

His presence here creates a shitstorm of bad feelings and hatred. He upsets the NESR community as well as the LRRS community.

As far as 'grow a pair' who are you directing that to?
    Shitstorm of bad feelings and hatred? One member who hasn't been active in years and moved out west came back for a single thread just to tell him to fuck off. Some other people from the west coast furthered the thread that was shitting on the guy (likely rightfully so).

He pissed off a single active local member here. That member never asked any of us to ban him.

Everyone else is ready with their pitchforks. BURN THE WITCH! Yeah, like nobody on here that you are trying to defend from his antics is clueless about the guy.

So for who my "grow a pair" comment is aimed at: Anyone who is asking NESR to ban him who didn't do the same in LRRS. I mean, that's real life, not just internet chest puffery.

Shoe fit?

He posted a legit ad. If you don't want to buy a bike without a title for 2x what it's worth with a title, don't fuckin buy it.

You broke a forum rule by shitting in his FS thread. I removed your post WITHOUT giving you an infraction, which is supposed to happen because of our entire FS area turning into a huge shitstorm of thread shitting previously. He didn't break a rule. He hasn't turned the entire forum into one huge Chris Dove clusterfuck of "bad feelings and hatred". How many threads are about him and are chock filled with "bad feelings and hatred"? How many? What, two? OH GOD! And one was started by a butthurt user hell bent on starting this exact response from the community.

Being the asshole I am, I gotta give Jackie props for skillfully and patiently waiting until he was established here to troll the ever living shit out of the forum he was now active in. But it is limited to this thread. Show me where he has "upset the NESR community" other than people reading about his shit, then agreeing with pitchforks in hand.

If you have been wronged by this guy, you have reason to PM a mod or admin about having him removed. If you just are merely inconvenienced with his presence and want him gone, then I'm sure a lot of us wouldn't be here if that's how shit went down with bans.

We haven't banned many members. Ray-Ray was one of them. He showed a systematic pattern of fucking over NESR members financially. With actual tangible damages. They asked for him to be removed. That's pretty cut and dry.

This guy talked shit to Jackie on a trackday way back when.

She came back to get her revenge. She got it.

The Cali thing is pretty irrelevant. This isn't BARF. It's NEW ENGLAND street riders. Of course their insight was welcome showing his character, but ban him from a he said/she said story?

Now he posts up a legit ad. If you don't want a bike without a title, don't buy it. WTF else do I have to say?

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by TheIglu; 03-29-16 at 04:27 PM.
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Where did i say ban him? Point that out.

0 Not allowed!
    Johnny

I also never pointed out his actions in LRRS.

0 Not allowed!
    Johnny

Lifer

So... that SV isn't a good buy?!

3 Not allowed!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Damnit all! These are good points too. I hate that!
    The compromise is to allow members to point out that he has a history, and let potential buyers decide. The FS thread should not be allowed to be a clown show, but just a concise statement about a 'thread(s) buyers may want to read : ____'. Kinda like linking to a member's review page. Also gives incentive for sellers to make an effort to address concerns, instead of brushing them off. If they still want to do the 'you don't know me' routine, that's fine but also very useful to a buyer.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    The people from California lost a shit ton of credibility by watching this forum carefully to badmouth the guy every chance they get way beyond what is reasonable to get their side of the story across.
    Is that the case? Or is someone giving them a heads up? I assume it's the latter.

0 Not allowed!
    02 Aprilia Futura
    86 GPz900R

And as far as me 'growing a pair'...

I have a pair. They work nicely. And here is me using them to stand up and say enough is enough. Yes, i did tell him to get a new title, because his was 'lost', and also called him a fucking asshat...you deleted it, but maybe you should un-delete it so show what i said.

So as you directed 'grow a pair' to me, im directing 'blow me' to you.

0 Not allowed!
    Johnny

Can you clarify what you mean by "I would like to see this idiot gone" directly after saying you are a PAYING 'premium member'?

Just want clarification.

And btw, feel free to hurl insults any which way to a mod like myself, such as "blow me". We don't ban people just because they make us upset (which you didn't, we're used to it and have thick skin and body hair)

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast