Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Comcast and TIVO had a love child

Ever since going high def and using Comcast's DVR I have missed my Tivo, if you have a Tivo you understand. I bought a new HD Tivo and went to return my Comcast DVR that I've used for 6 months, the CSR said that the current DVR will have Tivo software in it and a new Tivo remote by the 26th.
    News

click here to see if its available to you yet

If anyone wants to buy my Tivo series 2 non-HD box its available!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CMG41 View Post
    Ever since going high def and using Comcast's DVR I have missed my Tivo, if you have a Tivo you understand. I bought a new HD Tivo and went to return my Comcast DVR that I've used for 6 months, the CSR said that the current DVR will have Tivo software in it and a new Tivo remote by the 26th.
    News

click here to see if its available to you yet

If anyone wants to buy my Tivo series 2 non-HD box its available!
    I work for comcast and heard about this for awhile, this thing is gonna be great, but watch out for the first ones, they will have alot of bugs. I have the first series dvr and it is loaded with glitches.

seriously though,

this is maybe the best thing that comcast could offer. do yourself a favor and rent one, as oposed to buying. it will cost around 800$ and i will almost guarantee that there will be a new one out that will be better before the cost savings is actually seen!

why will this be better than comcast DVR HD? I never used tivo before...

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Dic on

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    ditto, I have no problem with comcast DVR

"Too bad ponies are assholes."

OXX

I just got rid of my VCR last year and upgraded with a DVD,and just got basic cable...I'm getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by R1slowflyer View Post
    I work for comcast and heard about this for awhile, this thing is gonna be great, but watch out for the first ones, they will have alot of bugs. I have the first series dvr and it is loaded with glitches.

seriously though,

this is maybe the best thing that comcast could offer. do yourself a favor and rent one, as oposed to buying. it will cost around 800$ and i will almost guarantee that there will be a new one out that will be better before the cost savings is actually seen!
    $800?? The csr said I would use the same DVR I have now with a software upgrade (how much is my current rental fee??). Maybe I'll keep the $300 Tivo in the trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    Tivo has Wish List, like motorcycles? make motorcycles a wish lit item and it will find anything with that word and record it automatically. Same with a director, actor, actress (Adrianne Barbeau anyone, anyone?) Another interest of mine is offshore racing which is rarely on tv now so having my Tivo find it and record in the middle of the day is great, same with WW2 movies and documenteries. Network it with your pc and play all of your stored music on your home theater along with viewing all of your pc's pics (yup, Adrianne Barbeau in hi-def!).
    See your Tivo on the net from work and request a movie to be recorded, download a movie from your Tivo to your hard drive. While watching something if you hit the thumbs up button a couple of times Tivo will know you like the subject and will find automatically. You'll see a bunch of stuff waiting to be watched or deleted. Now with Amazon movies you've got a bazillion pay per view movies available, even the hard to find "Swamp Thing"

Yes, but to get the software update you will need to get an updated DVR. The current DVR costs about which $17.00 a month for the rental fee. along with an additional charge for the dvr service and HD programming where available.

I am just letting you know all know that buying it is not worth the cost unless you are completly satisfied with the product and dont EVER want to upgrade.

I have yet to see someone actually buy a dvr, but you can. My aunt paid 600$ for the dvr when it first came out and it is a dual tuner but i belive it only records about 30 hours of programming. She likes it but she cant trade out the box for an upgrade, she can only add one to her account for the previously stated charges to her bill.

This thing is supposed to be great, but i wouldn't get one for at least a year or two, until they work out some of the bugs. unless you like you local comcast guys and want to see them a couple times a year.

Lifer

Just heard about this too. How much do you want for your old Tivo? How much storage and does it have a DVD burner?

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Jay when I called to cancel my Tivo subscription they gave me 2 free months so I'll hang on to it til then. I think its 80 hour and no burner,

Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    ditto, I have no problem with comcast DVR
    try calling me on your new comcast digital voice... then maybe you'll notice a change

Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008