Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Here comes the electric pickup

Re: Here comes the electric pickup

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Alpha's styling is on point!
    lotsa JDM influence

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by Petorius View Post
    I hope the OEMs find a way to give performance oriented EVs some soul. Admittedly, I have only driven utilitarian/ecofriendly varieties that also happen to put down good numbers on paper. The lack of noise, smells, quirky powerbands, manual controls, etc really takes something away. A sub 6-second 0-60 launch in these vehicles feels inauthentic. Its the uncanny valley of driving experience.
    I get the soul thing... kinda

Again, back to RC cars....

My nitro one needs a ton of maintenance, but you pull start it, the smell of nitro methane burns your nose, its loud as shit and revs to 35k rpm, its a little animal, it IS pretty cool..... but tops out at like 40 and barely pulls a wheelie.

My brushless one... Sure, you just plug it in, it makes no sound... but it is so fast it is essentially chassis limited. I can gear it until the vehicle literally wont go any faster without crashing. It will blow over with WOT. Whether you roll into it slow, or just punch it.

It can get to the point where at 75% throttle it gets floaty, and ever so slowly increasing the throttle it will simply blow over. It literally can go any faster. Were talking 75+ mph.

My point is that who needs soul in a car when it can accelerate fast enough to make you start to grey out a bit. That type of performance is soul in itself.

The performance is THAT different.

Im guessing youve never felt a 1.99 0-60....

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by xrocket21; 09-30-21 at 10:10 AM.

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

I've been on Alpha's mailing list for quite a while. If their Ace PE ever comes into reality I can see myself owning one. Harkens back to the styling of the late 70s early 80s Japanese compacts but hopefully with the performance of the modern electric vehicle.

https://www.alphamotorinc.com/ace-performance-edition

Here comes the electric pickup-alpha-ace-pe-jpg

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by tls25rs; 09-30-21 at 10:24 AM.

THAT is awesome! ^ If that's the future of trackdays, bring it on!

Paul_E_D

Hypertarded

Quote Originally Posted by jeantarrou View Post
    Fill disclosure, we just parked a Mach-E in our driveway last week, what an amazing machine, absolutely love it, but it isn't without some glitches....
    Very cool, been thinking about looking into a Mach-e, need to get in to test drive as the local dealers seem to have several on the lot. I wish they could have avoided using the Mustang name Enjoy & keep us updated on how you like it. Also, if you wouldn't mind sharing, how much was the total discount with Fed + State $$ ?

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    I've been on Alpha's mailing list for quite a while. If their Ace PE ever comes into reality I can see myself owning one. Harkens back to the styling of the late 70s early 80s Japanese compacts but hopefully with the performance of the modern electric vehicle.

Been following them since the beginning, love the styling, If they ever produce the coupe I will have one.....although that JAX is pretty F'in cool

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    Very cool, been thinking about looking into a Mach-e, need to get in to test drive as the local dealers seem to have several on the lot. I wish they could have avoided using the Mustang name Enjoy & keep us updated on how you like it. Also, if you wouldn't mind sharing, how much was the total discount with Fed + State $$ ?

Been following them since the beginning, love the styling, If they ever produce the coupe I will have one.....although that JAX is pretty F'in cool
    Test drove a Mach E. It wasn't as fast as I would have hoped and it was quite small. Pretty bland as well.

No F150 Lightening love? I’m thinking by 2024 my Silverado will be looking for a replacement and the bugs will be worked out.

An EV with a truck bed, seats 4, tows 5,000+lbs and a 250+ mi range seems to check my boxed. Towing anything more seems to be best suited for a commercial grade vehicle in my eyes. I’ve followed Rivian for a few years now and know a few friends with pre orders. I’m not sure I’d be ready to spend that much cheese on a vehicle that isn’t some sort of super car or a house.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...WZ6Z2ppSmR6LXo.

LRRS #782

That looks like a 510 that actually fucks.

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

(4) Try not to be a dick. PurplePackage's Avatar

its already slow:
    this is 0-60mph in 4.6
    rivian truck is 3.0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12