Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Here comes the electric pickup

Re: Here comes the electric pickup

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    All Electric Silverado to be introduced Thursday 1/13.
    That already happened.

https://www.chevrolet.com/electric/silverado-ev

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

They brought back the Avalanche!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Yeah, really not feeling the look of the Silverado, hoping the Sierra looks better.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hyper

Are there any all electric trucks in the wild yet?

Paul_E_D

Rivian has shipped initial vehicles IIRC.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / 2000 LS650P / 2019 KTM 150SX / 2016 KTM 250XC / 2016 KTM 500XC W

About 1000 Rivian trucks delivered last year.

Hypertarded

Yeah, I think Rivian reported 1,000 deliveries for end of year.

Ford saying F-150 Lighting Prod starts June SHOULD begin deliveries by September.

Hypertarded

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    still not a reality yet but Alpha has been getting some more attention this month ... love how the Wolf looks like an early 'Yota
    Another really cool concept from Alpha....
    Here comes the electric pickup-saga_estate6-jpg .... Here comes the electric pickup-saga_estate7-jpg .... Here comes the electric pickup-saga_estate12-jpg

I've been following them since the begining, unfortunately this is a big issue with the startup elec vehicle MFG, they produce a bunch of really cool concepts that never come to production. I have a bad feeling about Alpha at this point, they keep cranking out concepts, how about pick a model & make 1, 3, 5 actual vehicles that are real & actually work.

Someone attempted to answer the stuck ev questions. I haven't watched it yet.

(4) Try not to be a dick. PurplePackage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycapp View Post

Not a good experiment because the human body outputs something like 300 BTUs/hour. Sit in it and start the timer, and use this as the control.

Sure. So it’s worse than va. Outdoor temp was lower for the test. Also, cabin temp at 70 degrees. Model y with more efficient heat pump burned 33% battery in 12 hrs. I think that’s really good.

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeantarrou View Post
    Well it certainly wouldn't last as long as an ICE idling, I'm sure some engineering nerds could figure out how long it'd maintain power at a stop, I venture to guess a pretty good amount of time but likely less than 24hrs? Pure speculation on my part...
    Larger EVs like the F150 have enough power to power your home for *days*.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCS/LRRS #83

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycapp View Post

https://youtu.be/i3E0t0kGeug
    Being retired and with a friend who just bought a Model Y Performance, watched the entire video.

The guy owns both a model Y and a Model X, which has resistive heating but 20% more battery capacity. The Y is Tesla’s first model with a heat pump instead of resistive heating. This video is a test at 15į F.

The Model Y shows battery charge went from 91% to 58% over 12 hours. Extrapolating, a full charge would last 36 hours.

At 12 hours he changed the temp setting to Lo and ran for 6 more hours. At this setting a full charge would last 60 hours.

For the Model X, in 12 hours charge dropped to 46%. So a full charge would last 28 hours. Heat pump is a clear improvement.

He compared this endurance to gas cars. Running 100% (guidance is usually 15 minutes per hour) most cars will run about 50 hours.

Managed to drill into my kids not to go below 1/2 tank in winter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Here comes the electric pickup-83e0ac14-c5cc-4878-95c5-ba24e785bb99  

Last edited by Garandman; 01-13-22 at 08:28 AM.
    ďIf at first you donít succeed - donít become a Paratrooper.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post
    Larger EVs like the F150 have enough power to power your home for *days*.

This is a super appealing feature. And I wonder what the comparative electrical demand is between an electric car and a home with LED lighting, gas heat and appliances, etc... Biggest electric hog is a refrigerator correct?

Hyper

Quote Originally Posted by jeantarrou View Post
    This is a super appealing feature. And I wonder what the comparative electrical demand is between an electric car and a home with LED lighting, gas heat and appliances, etc... Biggest electric hog is a refrigerator correct?
    Electric range, clothes dryer. During Hurricane Sandy, drying clothes proved to be a big issue.

People have been adding an inverter to Prius and using them as backups for years.

https://jalopnik.com/tech-savvy-priu...-durin-5118297

John Sweeney, of Harvard, Massachusetts, was among the many residents of Eastern Mass without power after a big ice storm hit on December 12th. Sweeney, an electrical engineer, saw his Prius as the answer. Using an inverter, he converted the DC power coming out of the car into AC power for his house. Though he couldn't run his entire house on his one car, they were able to get approximately 17 Kilowatt hours of energy. This was enough to power his refrigerator/freezer, television, lights, wood stove fan and accessories for a few days. Anyone can use a regular DC power supply, like the battery found in a non-Hybrid car, but a hybrid is ideal.

First, the Prius carries a much larger batter pack than a regular car, allowing someone to power more appliances for longer than the conventional AC Delco found in most cars. Second, unlike some backup battery systems found in homes, the Prius, like other cars, can recharge its batteries with its normal internal combustion engine. And here's the best part — because the Prius automatically turns itself on when the batteries drain to a certain level, Sweeney left the car running and it automatically turned over when it needed to recharge — about once every 30 minutes.

When it was cold the other day, left the PV on and manually locked the doors while I went shopping. Turn down th temp a bit and engine barely ran.

Last edited by Garandman; 01-13-22 at 09:23 AM.

my wife's bolt fully charged last night and on the guess o meter its saying 168 miles (max 187 min 140)

but in the winter consumption is barely around 2.5-3.5 miles per kwh

all though i did get approved for the buy back, im heading to the dealer tonight to pick out a new 22 bolt euv that gm has built and been holding in reserves for current customers.

Let's say it's really cold overnight. You get into your Bolt the next morning and it's still cold.. does the computer show that the range is (instantly) reduced? Or do you have to drive for a while for the car to figure it out?

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Development Rider scottieducati's Avatar

Here comes the electric pickup

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    You made an interesting point. I'm sure most of those EV junkies will dismiss the example as being exceedingly rare. By extension, what about being in a traffic jam in sweltering heat and caught near the end of the range available. You're pretty SOL there. Sure, you can turn off the AC and cook old school to try and extend it, but I'd bet that most of the types of people who will try to squeeze every last mile of range think like that. Yeah, it's not a "life or death" type event since a tow truck can drag you away to charging station vs you freezing to death because no one can get to you, but still, a good point to ponder.
    Itís weird how nobody here has mentioned the run on fuel that typically precedes a major storm event like a hurricane, there were also issues during wildfires. People were able to slowly charge their EVs and use them sparingly. Youíre SOL if you canít buy gas.

Folks were also using their Teslaís super HEPA filtration systems to escape poor air quality.

Last edited by scottieducati; 01-13-22 at 12:16 PM.

CCS/LRRS #83

I dont drive it enough to notice. but usually the GOM (guess o meter) has already adjusted itself due based on the the prior drive cycles.
    but say we we a warm spell it takes about 2 days of driving for the GOM to adjust back up.

but for example in the summer my wife can pull close to 300 miles on a charge. she is a fucking saint.

Hypertarded

Still a few years away but making progress:
    For BP, car chargers to overtake pumps in profitability race
    https://www.reuters.com/business/ene...ce-2022-01-14/

LONDON, Jan 14 (Reuters) - BP says its fast electric vehicle chargers are on the cusp of becoming more profitable than filling up a petrol car.

The milestone will mark a significant moment for BP which wants to shift away from oil and expand operations in power markets and around electric vehicles (EV).

EV charging has for years been a loss-making business as a whole for BP and rivals as they invest heavily in its expansion. The division is not expected to turn profitable before 2025 but on a margin basis, BP's fast battery charging points, which can replenish a battery within minutes, are nearing levels they see from filling up with petrol.

"If I think about a tank of fuel versus a fast charge, we are nearing a place where the business fundamentals on the fast charge are better than they are on the fuel," BP's head of customers and products Emma Delaney told Reuters.

Strong and rising demand for rapid battery chargers in Britain and Europe, has already brought profit margins close to those for traditional petrol filling, she said.....

London-based BP plans to grow its EV charging business in the coming years to 70,000 charging points by 2030 from 11,000 now.

Shell aims to have 500,000 charging points globally by 2025. On Thursday it opened its first ultra-fast EV charging station in London, which can charge 80% of a car battery in 10 minutes.

While rivals like Shell are investing in a range of charging technologies including tens of thousands of slower, low voltage, on-street charging points in Britain and elsewhere, BP is focusing on fast and ultra-fast charging technology.

"We've made a choice to really go after high speed, on the go charging - rather than slow lamppost charging for example," Delaney said

Found this to be insightful, might be a bit redundant to other posts.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...edgdhp&pc=U531

i'm always on this site...alternate transport tab has the bikes and motorcycles

https://electrek.co/

bike: none but i have a seafoam green 125cc scooter
    Point37s Garage Sale Thread

suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar

some good info here.... Going to test drive the Mach - e today.
    Model 3 next week in Philly, while on business.

Whole new world I have to think about with electric.... range, charging network, battery type, replacement cost.

hmmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    some good info here.... Going to test drive the Mach - e today.
    Model 3 next week in Philly, while on business.

Whole new world I have to think about with electric.... range, charging network, battery type, replacement cost.
    Did you think about replacement engine costs on your existing vehicles before you bought them?

-Clayton
    2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport