Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

New compact suv's.

Re: New compact suv's.

Oh, also, Clayton, the cx5 appears to be the most configurable of them all. You don't necessarily have to get x or y package to get the options you want, lots of things (like heated seats) could be added to the base model. With some of the others you have to buy a much higher spec'd model to get them.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Oh, also, Clayton, the cx5 appears to be the most configurable of them all. You don't necessarily have to get x or y package to get the options you want, lots of things (like heated seats) could be added to the base model. With some of the others you have to buy a much higher spec'd model to get them.
    It looks good, but unfortunately I don't think a Great Dane could fit in the trunk. He comes with us places at least twice a week, so having enough space for him it's pretty important.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

He fits in an outback, but not in a CX5? That's somewhat surprising.

0 Not allowed!

I put all my work stuff in there with room to spare Monday night. The trunk is bigger than I expected. I can put the seats flat and stretch out in it too, a must for traveling to races.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    He fits in an outback, but not in a CX5? That's somewhat surprising.
    He doesn't really fit in the back of the Outback. He sits in the back seat and rests his head on my wife's shoulder while she drives. It's pretty comical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    I put all my work stuff in there with room to spare Monday night. The trunk is bigger than I expected. I can put the seats flat and stretch out in it too, a must for traveling to races.
    I'll give it a look. Did you go for the AWD version?

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Yes, AWD.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Do me a favor. Go get a Great Dane and put him/her in the back and then take a picture.

On the upside, you get a Great Dane to keep.

On the downside, you have to clean up Great Dane pewp.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Hah. The ripper estates is a one dog household. It just happens to be occupied by a foofy ass dog currently, the product of telling your wife: go ahead, get (your daughter) whatever fucking dog you want. (After a catastrophe with a rescue a few weeks prior).

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

I suppose just showing a pictures of said foofy ass dog in the back would help give me an idea of size.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

No Mazda dealers in west bumphuck I gather.

0 Not allowed!

We know a couple who had a pair of Mastiffs. The [smaller] female weighed 160lbs. They bought an old, beat up Dodge Caravan, threw away the back seats and that was their dog transporter. You get used to your dog, people who don't have dogs do not.

BTW Road & Track just finished a one year test of the Grand Cherokee Diesel. They had no problems in 24,000 miles.

0 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Those tests always make me laugh. 24k in the first year of a vehicles life should be cake for just about anything out there. Real world living after a few years in the salt, constant stop go, short trip cycles (particularly with a diesel) etc....interests me far more those tests. Oh we noticed no one is using the vehicle much. Let's send an interen to the other coast and back to rack some (stupid easy) miles up so we can write a review.....

1 Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800, 2007 DR650, 2012 WR250R

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    No Mazda dealers in west bumphuck I gather.
    One in Keene, not sure how they are. The other is North End and those guys blow assholes. Yeah, go ahead, draw the 4 squares on the paper and tell me straight out lies about the car. Idiots.

1 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    One in Keene, not sure how they are. The other is North End and those guys blow assholes. Yeah, go ahead, draw the 4 squares on the paper and tell me straight out lies about the car. Idiots.
    Somebody still does this? Wow. Auto industry influence strategies are old but I didn't realize they were that old! The four square game.

I used to have one of those small HP handheld PC's - LX200 I think. They had a spreadsheet. I used to import the price list from someplace like Edmunds and build a spreadsheet. So I could change prices at a whim and know the invoice price and MSRP. They had to do it by hand. Used to drive them absolutely insane to lose control of the numbers. They'd ask to see it: "No."

And when they went off "to see the manager" I used to follow them. They'd freak out when I'd tell them I wanted to deal directly with the decision maker. He had a dilemma - allow me to follow him to the manager, who would also usually flip out, or admit he was lying.

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 06-03-15 at 12:48 PM.
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

Saw a CX5 in person. No chance dog man is fitting in the back of that thing. Too bad, everything else looked solid on paper.

1 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

But he fits in your Miata?

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Bump

1 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Still would buy a cx5 again, especially now that there’s a turbo version.

3 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

I am on the hunt. Time to get the wife out of the 18 year old A4 (although I love it) and into something more modern. Small SUV it is. She wants to sit a bit higher up, she's short and would benefit from some better visibility. Don't need crazy cargo space or the ability to tow anything, we have a truck. Looking at everything; CR-V, RAV4, CX-5, Forester. I think I missed the boat on Kia and that ilk being cheap, definitely not paying Honda price for a Sportage.

Also, the A4 Avant will be up for sale. It's an '01, 85k miles, new tires and comes with snows that have a few seasons left, will need water pump and timing belt in around 15k miles to the tune of $1k-ish. Has an aftermarket touchscreen head unit with blueteeth and carplay. It's in very good condition, $3k takes it home.

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by loudbeard; 06-12-19 at 02:44 PM.

Lifer

I love the interior of the cx3, cx5, mazda3 and mazda5. I think they are gorgeous.

I’m still in automotive limbo with the 277k civic that won’t die and the wrangler I wish someone would buy.

And just because I’m sick of falling into and climbing out of the civic I really want my next car to be a crossover most likely.

But it’s funny, even tho I’ve read the auto magazine opinion that fwd with snows makes more sense than awd for the extra weight and less mpg that awd or 4wd causes... it would be hard for me to buy a fwd version of something that has available awd.

Mazda’s are Japanese right? What are your opinions of top four reliability? I would say Toyota , Honda, Mazda then maybe Nissan. Which is funny because I’ve owned three Honda’s and no Toyota’s, and no Mazda’s but four nissans. There’s just something about Nissan I don’t quite trust, and maybe it’s just the rust issues I’ve seen, but also some of their models seem like they just settle for a mediocre product whereas Mazda puts a lot of effort into their interiors for example.

0 Not allowed!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    I am on the hunt. Time to get the wife out of the 18 year old A4 (although I love it) and into something more modern. Small SUV it is. She wants to sit a bit higher up, she's short and would benefit from some better visibility. Don't need crazy cargo space or the ability to tow anything, we have a truck. Looking at everything; CR-V, RAV4, CX-5, Forester. I think I missed the boat on Kia and that ilk being cheap, definitely not paying Honda price for a Sportage.

Also, the A4 Avant will be up for sale. It's an '01, 85k miles, new tires and comes with snows that have a few seasons left, will need water pump and timing belt in around 15k miles to the tune of $1k-ish. Has an aftermarket touchscreen head unit with blueteeth and carplay. It's in very good condition, $3k takes it home.

Don’t want a Soul with snows? Have you seen the new version with the RoboCop headlights? Of those mentioned I would say Forester, unless you go for looks with the Mazda. But subie refreshed the forester a little too.

0 Not allowed!

My dad just got rear ended and it totaled his Passat this past weekend. Let me check with him real quick....

1 Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    Don’t want a Soul with snows? Have you seen the new version with the RoboCop headlights? Of those mentioned I would say Forester, unless you go for looks with the Mazda. But subie refreshed the forester a little too.
    I'm really not down with the cube cars, RoboCop or not. I kind of like the Forester....but not really, it's a bit ugly. The CX-5 is definitely the most attractive. I'm cool with the RAV4 and CR-V, I don't find those ugly really...more like bland.

Wagons are on the table as well. More than likely only looking at the VW SportWagen in FWD config.

0 Not allowed!

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

I'm cool with the RAV4 and CR-V, I don't find those ugly really...more like bland.
    Hopefully Honda has made strides with the CRV since the era of my Mom's. I wound up driving it for a bit and once in a while it wasn't bad to drive but when I was driving it every day I realized just how bad of a tin can it is. Maybe newer ones aren't as bad but her 2011 I'm not a fan of.

Anyone look at the HRV yet? Cool looking, on the smaller end of things though.

0 Not allowed!

While not quite a wagon, what about the corolla hatch? Decent room in it.

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast