Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Comprehensive Insurance - Where to get it?

Comprehensive Insurance - Where to get it?

hi guys,

I am looking to get theft coverage for my track bike. My insurance company, Geico, does not offer motorcycle insurance in massachusetts. Any recommendations? Anybody have an idea of a ballpark for comprehensive coverage for a $6000 bike?

Thanks,

Eddie

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Comprehensive Insurance - Where to get it?

I'm confused. GEICO insure my bikes! I do have cars with them too, perhaps that makes a difference?

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

some insurance companies don't offer comprehensive unless you first get liability

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

xxaarraa

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    I'm confused. GEICO insure my bikes! I do have cars with them too, perhaps that makes a difference?
    So am I. Tried to add my bike to my auto policy and it said that Geico did not insure motorcycles in Mass. I might just have to call them. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    some insurance companies don't offer comprehensive unless you first get liability
    Really? When I used to have a street bike, I would have liability for the warmer months, then I would change the policy over to only comprehensive for when it was put away for the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Really? When I used to have a street bike, I would have liability for the warmer months, then I would change the policy over to only comprehensive for when it was put away for the winter.
    yes, because I ride all winter, I have never experienced the issue, but know riders that have had to pay for liability just to keep comprehensive, however they still were able to save a lot by not having collision

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

I have GEICO on my Massuhtwoshits registered motorcycles. With full coverage on my just my Z125 it was still only $99 a year. Adding my Hypermotard pretty much doubled it. Even if you have to get liability it probably won't cost much unless you have a bad driving record or live in an expensive insurance area.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    yes, because I ride all winter, I have never experienced the issue, but know riders that have had to pay for liability just to keep comprehensive, however they still were able to save a lot by not having collision
    ... and drop liability to the lowest available limit.

try progressive. i live in mass and i have never had an issue with there customer service. there rates are very good.

story about my experience with progressive.
    so i owned a 2008 mazdaspeed 3. back in 2011 we had a micro burst come through are neighborhood and it hailed like a mofo. car got 5,790 worth of hail damage. now at the time i was making enough to afford the car but that was about it so i had a 1000 dollar deductible. so i field a clam the adjuster who was very nice looked a it and came up with 5,790 dollars to fix. needless to say i could not afford the 1,000 on my end so i left it. a few years later car gets totaled, i fucked up some how and i did not have full coverage, cant make payments i default on loan ect. well i started to pay the loan off and i get close to paying it off and i get a phone call from progressive. now i this point i did not have progressive for 2 years. they tell me i still have a check for 4,790 dollars and asked me if i still wanted it. ummmmm yes please. i went to the bank i had the loan through because there name was on the check explained to them what was up. they cashed it, i was able to pay off the reaming balance of the loan and come out on top with a little over 1,000 bucks. did they have to give me that money. no they could have ignored it and sent it off the the state. t thought that was cool. so now im back and happy.

2016 triumph street triple R
    "A Journey must begin with one step"