Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Considering buying a Toyota Sienna AWD 2010 and newer

Re: Considering buying a Toyota Sienna AWD 2010 and newer

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Odyclub.com and YouTube have tons of help. Knock wood, no problems with plugs. Ours has 85,000 miles.

We were planning to sell it but my daighter and her friends need a ride from school to Moakley for games, so we load up 7 girls and drive them over so they don't have to take the T.
    Good info. I accept the fact that gas mileage is going to suck so the less trickery the better IMO but what'cha gonna do. If you decide to sell hit me up...

0 Not allowed!

Posting Freak

I bought a 2011 odyssey with 128k miles for 10k over the summer - needed a vehicle that could accommodate the three kids. Wife and I have older manual cars, so got it as a third car. Drove at 65 mph from the Berkshire to Boston after purchasing it. With cylinder deactivation the mileage was awesome - 31 mpg. Better than my 335xi! It is fast enough, comfortable, more economical than expected and overall a great vehicle. My wife and I both found the Odyssey to drive much more like a car than the Sienna. Also, installed winter Blizzak DM-V2 and it was a tank with all the snow. Love the van and would buy it again.

3 Not allowed!
    Last edited by dankatz; 04-12-18 at 06:32 PM.
    SF848, Monster 1100evo, VFR RWB, CRF250L/M

Driving from Niagara Falls with 6 people going 75mph we averaged 26mpg. Pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimedog View Post
    Good info. I accept the fact that gas mileage is going to suck so the less trickery the better IMO but what'cha gonna do. If you decide to sell hit me up...
    We will be selling it at the end of Lacrosse season, so it will be for sale 6/1.

0 Not allowed!
    "I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.
    Richard Feynman.

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

What happened? This used to be the site to go to for spirited group rides that inevitably led to legal action of one sort or another against at least one participant. Now we discuss 401Ks and mini-vans. Anyway, who makes the best mobility scooter these days?

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dankatz View Post
    With cylinder deactivation the mileage was awesome - 31 mpg.
    That's outstanding. EPA guestimate says 22 average, 27 highway. 31 is a lot better than I'd ever expect given that guestimate.

Maybe I have it all wrong..

31 highway is what I saw in my old VW Jetta Wagon, at best. Also better than I ever saw from my 1.8l, 2200 lbs Miata!

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    We will be selling it at the end of Lacrosse season, so it will be for sale 6/1.
    Space crunch isn't until December, unless something falls in my lap before then I'll be interested.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by stoinkythepig View Post
    What happened? This used to be the site to go to for spirited group rides that inevitably led to legal action of one sort or another against at least one participant. Now we discuss 401Ks and mini-vans. Anyway, who makes the best mobility scooter these days?
    Political threads. Made us all feel ashamed, responsible, knowledgeable, and old. Speaking of responsible, anyone know a place that does 'busa trike conversions??

1 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Posting Freak

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    That's outstanding. EPA guestimate says 22 average, 27 highway. 31 is a lot better than I'd ever expect given that guestimate.

Maybe I have it all wrong..

31 highway is what I saw in my old VW Jetta Wagon, at best. Also better than I ever saw from my 1.8l, 2200 lbs Miata!
    Yep, but that was me driving alone and sticking to the speed limit. I am still overall impressed.

0 Not allowed!
    SF848, Monster 1100evo, VFR RWB, CRF250L/M

Quote Originally Posted by keeena View Post
    If looking at the Odyssey: there are reports of cylinder deactivation causing spark plug fouling and subsequent mis-firing. Not sure what years or even if it was that widespread of a problem, just something to be aware of.
    https://www.vcmtuner.com/pages/vcmtuner-how-it-works
    Gotta love it

0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12