Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Copart auctions ?'s

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Copart auctions ?'s

anyone deal with Copart auctions. Give me the the download. Looking for a new track machine!

If things go . i'll probably need a shipping company as well

https://www.copart.com/

0 Not allowed!
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Re: Copart auctions ?'s

Following this. I have a buddy that bought a bike from them, but I never got the story from him on how it went.

0 Not allowed!

Talk to BJ W, he plays the salvage auction game.

0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6 / 2000 LS650P

About 5 years ago I bid on and won a vehicle. Not much sticks out in my memory regarding the transaction except for small fees that added up at the end - wasn't a painful amount, more like an annoying amount.

I made sure to limit my searching to vehicles with standard titles - didn't want the hassle of putting a salvage title back on the road.

Worst part had nothing to with Copart. They sent the title and bill of sale via Fedex and my neighbor, not wanting to leave a package on the porch, brought it into his condo to give to me later. He then suddenly passed away and the package was not found until months later, after I had gone thru the "Vermont Title Process"

For a cheap vehicle I would do it again

0 Not allowed!

Dug into this a little bit and learned that it MA you need to go through a broker on pretty much any purchase. In NH you can get boats as a private individual, and I'm also assuming dirt bikes/quads/sleds.

It was unclear what the brokers charge to purchase on your behalf. I imagine it varies, but it wasn't immediate clear.

0 Not allowed!

I sold a car on copart in MA. I had to go through a broker. I had a friend who was a broker at the time.

0 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

I have a dealer license and they of course still charge fees.

I do not know the broker costs but I think its just a technicality and they just run it though a licensed dealer or front and charge extra fees. I think it is pretty much automatic. But I am not sure as I have not had to deal with that.

For track bikes salvage doesn't matter but a salvage title on something you want to title in MA is in most cases hell. It really limits the parts you are allowed to purchase and show proof of proper procurement. $$$$

I have never bought a motorcycle but I have bought many cars. They lift the cars with a loader with large forks and in general do not give a crap about you or the car. (think how a junk yard operates)

Car wise you really need to process in your mind if the "accident" was real. Did that car really get sideswiped? or did the $5000 transmission blow and they just pulled a little insurance fraud to get from under it. Runs and Drives means nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by cdseven95; 04-29-19 at 09:57 PM.