Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

corvettes

Re: corvettes

Quote Originally Posted by zxme View Post
    Why am I looking at C5’s now lol
    So want to supercharger one
    https://www.aacorvette.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycapp View Post
    god damn

Cool car, they should make a Corvette too.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

nice supercar! Still think the C6 grand sport is a better looking car! Unfortunately my quest to get one is on hold till the spring as my wifes SLK230 still sits in my corvette spot in the garage....

I watched GM's movie last night, And i thought the title: Putting the World on Notice, was most fitting.
    This this is going to be the second coming of Jesus.

Lets hope this flat plane holds up better than Fords, voodoo engine.

I kind of want to agree with the 2 above on that comment. Is this really a corvette, or a supercar with a corvette badge on it. Do we embrace the past or move full steam forward.

I think we are Peak Front Engine Rear drive.

Last edited by jhawley; 10-27-21 at 12:12 PM.

(4) Try not to be a dick. PurplePackage's Avatar

I'm sayin the C9 will be electric or will be left in the dust. We're at peak everything for ICE.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

An electric Corvette has been in the works for some time. Will it replace the conventional versions? No. It seems they'll be another model of Corvette that will be available.

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by jhawley View Post
    I watched GM's movie last night, And i thought the title: Putting the World on Notice, was most fitting.
    This this is going to be the second coming of Jesus.

Lets hope this flat plane holds up better than Fords, voodoo engine.

I kind of want to agree with the 2 above on that comment. Is this really a corvette, or a supercar with a corvette badge on it. Do we embrace the past or move full steam forward.

I think we are Peak Front Engine Rear drive.
    No matter how you slice it, it's still a Corvette. A complete makeover doesn't wipe away that fact. As you're definitely aware, manufacturers of cars, motorcycles, etc., aren't shy about completely making over an existing brand. There's only so long you can sit back and leave things the way they are. When GM did that with the Corvette in the late 70's & early 80's, it was almost the end of the line for it.

When they came out with the C4 - a completely new vehicle in which they also had to retool the manufacturing plants, I don't remember people questioning if it was still a Corvette. In fact it took so long to retool, 1983 never saw a production model. Model years went from '82 to '84 with nothing in between.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    aren't shy about completely making over an existing brand.
    50 years, same shape

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePackage View Post
    50 years, same shape

I thought we were talking about Corvette, my bad. In which case, they've gone through 9 generations where the new model didn't look anything like the previous which is where the C1-C8 monikers come from. Oddly, the '56-'62 models get lumped into the C1 category when '54 & '55 were "really" the first generation. In my opinion, the current model should be a C9 and all previous models should be bumped up.

But that's Corvettes. Maybe I misunderstood the gist of the thread.

I'm talking anything that is top of the line for the company will go electric or be outperformed. viper, vette, 911, etc will need to remove the engine to compete in their next generation

Maybe I misunderstood the gist of the thread.
    Is there any thread that stays on subject in this room?

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePackage View Post
    I'm talking anything that is top of the line for the company will go electric or be outperformed. viper, vette, 911, etc will need to remove the engine to compete in their next generation
    Count me out on Electric vehicles. Yes there fast but lifeless... and don't get me going on the whole its clean save the planet BS! oh wait that's not the topic of this thread....

No matter how you slice it, it's still a Corvette. A complete makeover doesn't wipe away that fact. As you're definitely aware, manufacturers of cars, motorcycles, etc., aren't shy about completely making over an existing brand. There's only so long you can sit back and leave things the way they are. When GM did that with the Corvette in the late 70's & early 80's, it was almost the end of the line for it.

When they came out with the C4 - a completely new vehicle in which they also had to retool the manufacturing plants, I don't remember people questioning if it was still a Corvette. In fact it took so long to retool, 1983 never saw a production model. Model years went from '82 to '84 with nothing in between.
    Long hood, short tail, higher fenders, 4 tail lights. Corvette s since C2 have had a distinct look. New one is a super car with a Corvette badge. Looks like every other mid engine super car.

-Alex

There's only so long you can sit back and leave things the way they are.
    I know you're talking about 'Vettes but this is partially why Caterham always appealed to me

60 years of lineage in one shot. Minor improvements in between

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    Long hood, short tail, higher fenders, 4 tail lights. Corvette s since C2 have had a distinct look. New one is a super car with a Corvette badge. Looks like every other mid engine super car.
    To me, each generation has it's own very distinct look (taillight sizes/one headlight or two/flip-up or rotating headlights, etc) - C5's & C6's being the exception. The taillights & the flip-up/rotating headlights needed upgrading for sure, and I'm sure glad they did. It was getting old for sure.

To me, each generation has it's own very distinct look (taillight sizes/one headlight or two/flip-up or rotating headlights, etc) - C5's & C6's being the exception. The taillights & the flip-up/rotating headlights needed upgrading for sure, and I'm sure glad they did. It was getting old for sure.
    I agree with that but there was an overarching theme of similarity and the new does not have that.

-Alex

The C8 is just a completely different car then any pervious generation, more like a GT40 in style (but not as good looking) instead of a Cobra or a 911 to a 718 although Porsches all look pretty similar. it's the mid engine that makes it so different .. Granted its still a Corvette, V8 plastic fantastic USA hot rod, but its a Ferrari Vet not the front engine sled it was before!

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    Count me out on Electric vehicles. Yes there fast but lifeless... and don't get me going on the whole its clean save the planet BS! oh wait that's not the topic of this thread....
    Fast, but lifeless....

A $120k Tesla plaid will run a low 10 second quarter mile, faster than any ferrari, veyron, or other multi million dollar cars.

Saying they are "fast" is an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    Fast, but lifeless....

A $120k Tesla plaid will run a low 9 second quarter mile, faster than any ferrari, veyron, or other multi million dollar cars.

FTFY

Lifeless, yes. Would make a great commuter car though. $10-$20 fill-ups and 300+ mile range, and fastest production car ever. lol.

Last edited by jimmycapp; 10-28-21 at 07:12 AM.

Fast, but lifeless..
    They go Whooosh instead of Vrooom!
    Ok there Really Really F__King Fast!

When Ford went to the Fox bodies with the Mustang, did you say they were no longer Mustangs? How about when they went retro? Did they once again become Mustangs or did you once again say they were no longer Mustangs? Do you not consider 1970 & up NOT Camaros? When Rams recently went far to look like a more conventional looking pick-up, did you no longer call them Rams? Etc., etc., etc...

When Ford went to the Fox bodies with the Mustang, did you say they were no longer Mustangs? How about when they went retro? Did they once again become Mustangs or did you once again say they were no longer Mustangs? Do you not consider 1970 & up NOT Camaros? When Rams recently went far to look like a more conventional looking pick-up, did you no longer call them Rams? Etc., etc., etc...
    All the above have the same basic layout as the original.. The new Vet borrows nothing from original or pervious gen car, other then a V8 and fiberglass. Not saying its not a corvette cause well that's what's its called! It just has nothing to do with its lineage other the the name tag. Cool car my wife cousin has one, he's had three or others, traded a C6 for this Gen, but he even says its completely different car...

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    All the above have the same basic layout as the original.. The new Vet borrows nothing from original or pervious gen car, other then a V8 and fiberglass. Not saying its not a corvette cause well that's what's its called! It just has nothing to do with its lineage other the the name tag. Cool car my wife cousin has one, he's had three or others, traded a C6 for this Gen, but he even says its completely different car...
    Disagree. But also don’t care that much. It’s just progression.

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    Fast, but lifeless....

A $120k Tesla plaid will run a low 10 second quarter mile, faster than any ferrari, veyron, or other multi million dollar cars.

At least you will hear the corvette when it comes crashing though your house in the middle of the night.
    https://www.wfla.com/news/pinellas-c...m-harbor-home/

Quote Originally Posted by jhawley View Post
    At least you will hear the corvette when it comes crashing though your house in the middle of the night.
    https://www.wfla.com/news/pinellas-c...m-harbor-home/
    A Tesla playing mustang.

I wonder how fast the was...

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Hypertarded

corvettes-space-balls-funny-gif

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast