Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

corvettes

Re: corvettes

Quote Originally Posted by backinthesaddle View Post
    Friend got the C8. “Base” model. A lot of car for $59,500. Dealer took $500 off. Took 13 months to come in but worth it. Parents had a 1969 350 when I was a kid. Always smile when I see one of those old stingrays. I remember the interior being a bit wet after a rain storm made its way through the T tops. Miss those days!
    I remember when the C8 debuted the msrp was allegedly 60, but I thought that was a one year thing.

I’m shocked a dealer took $500 off, Nevermind didn’t charge additional dealer markup? Which dealer? ��

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Your park avenue leads to..

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    So when you guys leave or take a deposit with an individual you don't take anything with you? I used to always take all sets of keys at least but then people started offering me the title and i just stuck with it. I thought it was perfectly normal. I mean you cant even legally register and insure it without the title when you need new plates. Even attaching plates is a bit of a grey area depending on the situation. How are you expected to get it home? Again, seems perfectly normal to me. Take title, go register it, go back with full payment to complete the sale and drive away all nice and legal. Its best to do everything at once but in this case there was no way i could take the car with me. At any rate i am fairly positive that if i didnt take the title and only left a deposit i would be the one that lost, not the other two clowns. i doubt very much the old owner would have even answered the door when i came back to pick it up.
    I don't think I've ever really left without the vehicle after buying it. If I recall I always arrange to pick up the same day, whether drive it out or tow it out. I leave nothing to chance with strangers.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

It wasnt even an expensive vette, $6500 and he was trying to sell it for weeks. I cant imagine the other buyer paid much more for it but i could see its max value be maybe 8k unless i missed something rare about the car which is possible i guess.
    The '86 convertible was the first convertible Corvette in 10 or so years. If I remember, they only made about 7000 of 'em. I also believe each one came with the Pace Car decal kit to be installed at the dealer per request. I also want to say it was the first Vette with antilock brakes, but I could be wrong on that one.

At $6500, I'd say you would have gotten a good deal. If it's mileage is reasonable and it's in great shape, you would have gotten a smoking deal.

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    I remember when the C8 debuted the msrp was allegedly 60, but I thought that was a one year thing.

Iím shocked a dealer took $500 off, Nevermind didnít charge additional dealer markup? Which dealer? ��
    Supply on C8's is finally catching up with demand.

There are currently 312 listings on Cargurus for a new C8 Vette nationwide. There is no more bottleneck (at least like it used to be) and they are back to printing and selling a million of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vovchandr View Post

There are currently 312 listings on Cargurus for a new C8 Vette nationwide. There is no more bottleneck (at least like it used to be) and they are back to printing and selling a million of them.
    C8's took a big hit from the tornados. They're destroying any damaged ones. They're the hot ticket right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    C8's took a big hit from the tornados. They're destroying any damaged ones. They're the hot ticket right now.
    Didn't they lose the museum to a sink hole years ago as well?

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    Didn't they lose the museum to a sink hole years ago as well?
    They lost a bunch of cars at the museum, yes. But not the entire museum.

Of course they are destroying any damaged ones, the liability and brand/C8 image damage from any issues that could arise from this one off event isn't worth the sales.

Those C8's destroyed has nothing to do with the fact that if you want one to buy right now, you can find plenty and it's only going to get easier.

Maybe God's a Ford guy...

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

Of course they are destroying any damaged ones, the liability and brand/C8 image damage from any issues that could arise from this one off event isn't worth the sales.

Those C8's destroyed has nothing to do with the fact that if you want one to buy right now, you can find plenty and it's only going to get easier.

Those would have made great track cars for someone's racing program.......

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

I didnt get the car in the end. Guy got greedy and it cost him. I did my usual give a small $500 deposit, get bill of sale, take the title, register it, and come back for the car with the remainder of the cash. The problem was that while i was registering it the guy left the ad up and got a higher offer so he sold the actual car to another person and thought i would be ok with it and give him back the title to give to the other buyer. He was wrong and i was pissed. He then got upset that i wasnt reasonable enough to give him back the title which i no longer had anyway since i sent it off to the rmv and then tried to buy it off me but in a smarmy kind of way which i didnt like so i just left. He still calls demanding i give him the title but i never will. The guy that bought the actual car is taking the guy to court and still has the car. I just know i have the title and will never give it up. I could be nice and sell it to the new owner but he knew i had the title when he out priced me on the car so i blame him as well.
    Petty i know but i think this stops two shitbags from doing this type of stuff again and it only cost me about a grand and like 5 hours of travel time. I do get some sick bit of pleasure out of it though. Both guys are so scummy to deal with its easy to get them raging. I mean who sells a car to one person then sells it again to a different person and expects to have a win-win situation. And who buys a car knowing another person has already bought it legally and expects a win-win. I think my constant threats of having the car reported as stolen keeps everyone on edge too.
    E30 is spot on with his advice. The seller created a hell of a mess for himself with a bass ackwards way of selling it to you.
    The car is worth absolutely nothing to the seller and "new" owner without the title. You truly hold the cards here.
    I'd suggest getting legal counsel and then seeking reimbursement for that too. This is a slam dunk case for you!

Hypertarded

..... He has a serious ego though and i dont think his mind works like that. It was a pain just to talk to him before i even bought the car. Always claiming the car is worth a lot more than his asking price and he should be asking more. It was like he was doing me a favor just by talking to me about the car. One of the last times i talked to he was having a melt down that even if he got the car and title back it wouldnt be worth it to him because it was now a two owner car and only poor people have used cars. His whole collection where cars he bought new or his dad did.
    WTF, did you buy this from TRUMP?!?

Awesome Chevy can figure out a mid engine “supercar”, but cord is still tripping over the bronco

....................... PinHead's Avatar

This would be, Judge Judy gold!
    Please do it so we can all watch.

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2018 Onewheel XR

Lifer

The '86 convertible was the first convertible Corvette in 10 or so years. If I remember, they only made about 7000 of 'em. I also believe each one came with the Pace Car decal kit to be installed at the dealer per request. I also want to say it was the first Vette with antilock brakes, but I could be wrong on that one.

At $6500, I'd say you would have gotten a good deal. If it's mileage is reasonable and it's in great shape, you would have gotten a smoking deal.
    80k miles and was in near perfect shape to my eyes. At the very least it was spotless and everything was working perfectly. The certainly took care of his stuff. I didnt see any decal kits though but he may have taken them off and put them around the shop as memorabilia. I couldnt say if it had abs.

It was a nice car and i was fine paying 6500 for it. Like i said, he had it for weeks and weeks and it didnt sell. that may have been because he was a tool to deal with or because others had guessed he may try something like this.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    WTF, did you buy this from TRUMP?!?
    You know what? Thats kind of the way he acted. It was strange buying from him. It was like everything was a bother to him and he always had some snarky comeback to even a simple question, like everything i asked was a personal attack on him. When i left with the title i felt very much like i just put a lot of effort into buying this thing and he acted like it wasnt enough.

Lifer

I don't think I've ever really left without the vehicle after buying it. If I recall I always arrange to pick up the same day, whether drive it out or tow it out. I leave nothing to chance with strangers.
    It depends on the vehicle but probably half the time with cars i leave them and come back unless i can find a friend to come with me. Even arranging shipping usually is a several day affair. I've honestly never really had many issues doing it this way. Even this isnt that bad, i just lost a bit of money which i figured i could lose anyway if my wife decided she didnt like it and i had to get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    People actually sign over a title without getting paid in full first
    guy that sold me my Tacoma did....

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

I say if you want the car its yours. If you don't and a grand is not a big deal for Ya, sign the title over to me and I will deal with it. lol

This sounds like one of Steve's stories. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMl...BJrxbUorWEnasg

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    Awesome Chevy can figure out a mid engine “supercar”, but cord is still tripping over the bronco
    Chevrolet had been toying with the idea of a mid-engine Corvette for quite some time and I'm pretty sure some prototypes still exist to this day. The 1984 (first year for the C4) was originally going to be a twin rotor mid-engine car even. They've been "working on it" for a while.

80k miles and was in near perfect shape to my eyes. At the very least it was spotless and everything was working perfectly. The certainly took care of his stuff. I didnt see any decal kits though but he may have taken them off and put them around the shop as memorabilia. I couldnt say if it had abs.

It was a nice car and i was fine paying 6500 for it. Like i said, he had it for weeks and weeks and it didnt sell. that may have been because he was a tool to deal with or because others had guessed he may try something like this.
    If it all went down the way you expected, it sounds like you would have gotten a really good deal on it. Quick looking says those in excellent shape are going for $10K & up right now.

*The Pace Car decals didn't come ON the cars. The kits were shipped WITH the cars and the dealers put them on at customer's requests. EVERY '86 *convertible* was shipped to the dealers with the kit.

All moot now, I guess though. Sucks this kind of shit goes down. Deep down, I hope you end up with the car.

wow people suck. I absolutely HATE when people back out of a deal that you shake on or verbally agree to. As far as I'm concerned, once a deal is made that is it. I can't put a price on my word and I get disappointed when so many people do.

How are you expected to get it home? Again, seems perfectly normal to me. Take title, go register it, go back with full payment to complete the sale and drive away all nice and legal. Its best to do everything at once but in this case there was no way i could take the car with me.
    I always make it a point to be able to take home whatever it is. Whether it's a motorcycle, car, trailer, I'm either towing it or bringing someone to drive it back.

You know what? Thats kind of the way he acted. It was strange buying from him. It was like everything was a bother to him and he always had some snarky comeback to even a simple question, like everything i asked was a personal attack on him. When i left with the title i felt very much like i just put a lot of effort into buying this thing and he acted like it wasnt enough.
    Does he have any other ads on CL?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456