Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Croatia?

Lifer

Croatia?

Anyone been? We were supposed to charter a catamaran out of the BVI early next year, but that ain't happening. Another option is to delay the trip until September and go to the Med. This will be a sailing trip and cities aren't of any interest. The company we charter with has limited Med marinas, and we've already done Greece so it's really Croatia or nothing: we're looking for deserted islands and beaches, away from the masses. We only go ashore to restock and take in the occasional local cuisine.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Re: Croatia?

Just out of curiosity why only croatia? I spend a good chunk of time in that region and i far prefer being in and around monaco and places like marseille. I could understand if you want to go ashore and check out the cities but for just sailing i vote the other side of italy.

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    Just out of curiosity why only croatia?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonk! View Post
    The company we charter with has limited Med marinas, and we've already done Greece so it's really Croatia or nothing
    Think he mentioned it

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

I saw that but thought they might have more marinas much further away in the med that he wasn't considering.

I have never been there, but I have a friend from Ireland who has become a permanent resident in Croatia and he loves it there, FWIW.

2019 Triumph Scrambler XE

Lifer

Trip is almost here. We'll be four couples plus a local captain on this: Bali 4.5 Freaking boat has more living and cooking space than my first condo. We'll stay in Dubrovnik for a couple days to get acclimated then sail the Adriatic for a week. I have no idea how this will all go down, but we're gonna eat and drink our asses off.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Sounds epic. Have a blast!

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

walked thru Dubrovnik during a cruise stop. Within the walls is interesting to just poke around. There are some steep hills. Bring your walking shoes. We walked by some of the cemetery and it brought to realism of the war back in the 90's

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers