Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Crypto currency discussion

Re: Crypto currency discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    People who stay in after seeing profits are greedy and accepting more risk.

Sav played it well this time around.

One in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    Depends on the profits and the individual. Pulling out for a little short-term cash is great but a long game isn't necessarily greedy or risky.

I'm not looking for short-term gains personally. I'm hedging my bets and putting a little bit of faith in the long-term viability of blockchain. Most of these cryptos will probably fail and fade away, but maybe not all. Probably not all.

My goal is to have fun trading and get a stake in diverse and new cryptos at bottom dollar. Staying abreast of currencies as soon as they hit the exchanges and doing the research like any other investment. For example AppCoin started at $1 as soon as it hit Binance and it's presently at $4.21. How many investments turn 400% inside of a week?

No plans to cash out here, just want to see where it takes me. Trading is sort of a vehicle for educating myself on the myriad ways crypto is being employed. Interesting to see what people are doing with it out there and think about where it might take us in the next few years.

0 Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

That’s my take on Sia. Underlying tech has some serious headroom to run if they execute it well.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1986 Honda Oldwing Medicaide
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

People who stay in after seeing profits are greedy and accepting more risk.

Sav played it well this time around.

One in the hand is worth two in the bush.
    All subjective. My “mentor” in this bought ETH at $300. He is still holding. He explained market caps and potential to me but I still thought it was wise for me to pull my Money out. I have been treating this like a trip at Foxwoods. This will not buy me a house or a car but it also won’t cost me mine. There are people putting $20k on one currency that to me is insane. There are people pulling out from their 401k for this. Also insane. But I did witnessed someone who made $35k on XRP. Good for them. I don’t have the stomach for that shit.

0 Not allowed!

I was up like 13k. Alt coins tanked. Have lost like 8k this week.

Wild ride.

0 Not allowed!

ETH overtook Ripple again.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

That's the nice thing about mining.

No skin in the game, other than your power bill.

I'm lettin shit ride some more. Can't believe how much I'm up at this point.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    All subjective. My “mentor” in this bought ETH at $300. He is still holding. He explained market caps and potential to me but I still thought it was wise for me to pull my Money out. I have been treating this like a trip at Foxwoods. This will not buy me a house or a car but it also won’t cost me mine. There are people putting $20k on one currency that to me is insane. There are people pulling out from their 401k for this. Also insane. But I did witnessed someone who made $35k on XRP. Good for them. I don’t have the stomach for that shit.
    My initial investment was almost nothing but i got real lucky. I made sure my investment was just extra money i had laying around, no 401k or house refinance nonsense. I have made significantly more than your friend through sheer luck, i know very little about the game but i did notice trends and targets early on. My gains have almost paid for a new life and ive only been doing for a quick minute. The longer i sit in there the more its costing right now. Its not bad but i do see it. I think i will be pulling out most and leaving a little for the rebound. I gave it a few days longer than i would to see if the market would correct itself and on the advise of others.

0 Not allowed!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by capitalcrew View Post
    I was up like 13k. Alt coins tanked. Have lost like 8k this week.

Wild ride.
    It certainly can be.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by boosten lebaron; 01-10-18 at 04:35 PM.

I know jack about bitcoin, but there was a great story on NPR yesterday that was basically a bitcoin for dummies primer. Yes, I get it now (for the most part), but the thing that I don't understand is how the blockchain ledger remains manageable by the time there have been billions and billions of transactions. Does it matter? Can someone explain?

0 Not allowed!

Monero difficulty is back up which means... my accrual rate is down.

0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6

Shit be sinkin!

Anyone sweatin?

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Nope. I got my initial cash purchase amount back out, and am watching the profits ebb and flow. If nothing else, this lesson in bubbles shan’t cost me anything.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Been a huge uptick in Monero mining in the past few days, network has seen a 100 Mh/s jump in that window and the difficulty has gone from 54ish to 80+. Someone's banking on it hard core. minexmr had a nice temp bot infusion that put them at 700Mh/s for one peak all by themselves.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Kurlon; 01-16-18 at 09:52 AM.
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Nope. I got my initial cash purchase amount back out, and am watching the profits ebb and flow. If nothing else, this lesson in bubbles shan’t cost me anything.
    Pretty much same here. I had completely cashed out everything in ETH and XRP. So I even made some $
    Some profits are down that I left in on BTC and LTC and I am down 10% on Bitcoin cash but I only put $200 in that.

0 Not allowed!

I wish Bittrex was taking new accounts, I woulda cashed out of my existing ETH balance with nearly enough to buy half a brand new KTM 500 a few days ago

Ah well.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by TheIglu; 01-16-18 at 10:12 AM.
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

From my understanding, you can't actually "cash-out" your alt coins without transferring them to BTC, ETH, or LTC. As the prices tank of those currencies, may be a good time to start converting them over.

I have a hunch if BTC drops below 10k people are going to start buying again.

I wish Bittrex was taking new accounts, I woulda cashed out of my existing ETH balance with nearly enough to buy half a brand new KTM 500 a few days ago

Ah well.
    They stopped taking accounts? I made one a month or so ago but haven't used it yet. Interesting.

0 Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

Lifer

I cashed out the day after my last post here which was the 10th. if I had kept it in I would have lost a further 250k as of today. just waiting a few days to mull over the decision to cashout cost me about 20k. I'm still way, way up from my original investment and have zero regrets. in fact I'm already buying again at the low rates. its going to go lower yet but im comfortable buying now.

1 Not allowed!

I’m just a tiny player sitting back waiting to see what happens. Sounds like China is driving the dive, but anybody’s guess.

0 Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

Lifer

mostly china and korea but there are other players at work too. The important thing right now is a slight disruption caused everyone, including myself, to sell, sell, sell and ones that shock has passed it will pick back up.
    I thing once the Asian countries get around the hurdles set up by there own government's are jumped they will be back in force and we will end up in a better place than we were at. That's why I'm ok buying now. Most of these will only slide pennies now and I'm not to fussed about that so I buy. I'm pretty much investing back in the basic coins that made me rich to begin with. it worked once and I think it will work again. I'm just throwing small amounts back in, nothing crazy. couple grand here and there.

0 Not allowed!

Sometimes you are irritating enough that I hope you contract radiation poisoning when you go to Chernobyl. Not enough to kill you, just enough to make you puke some and maybe grow a benign tumor on your forehead.

0 Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Lifer

well that's just terrible.

Chernobyl is out now anyway. I didn't get the project. I might step on a land mine in Vietnam though. those seem to take mostly limbs off but leave the body.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    well that's just terrible.

Chernobyl is out now anyway. I didn't get the project. I might step on a land mine in Vietnam though. those seem to take mostly limbs off but leave the body.
    You hiring? Need a finance guy? I could use some exotic travel. Will accept salary in crypto currency.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 01-16-18 at 03:49 PM.
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

I cashed out the day after my last post here which was the 10th. if I had kept it in I would have lost a further 250k as of today. just waiting a few days to mull over the decision to cashout cost me about 20k. I'm still way, way up from my original investment and have zero regrets. in fact I'm already buying again at the low rates. its going to go lower yet but im comfortable buying now.
    Is it hard to walk around with a pair of brass balls?

0 Not allowed!
    '03 Porsche 911, '05 KTM 300 EXC, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Honda CRF 250R, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Lifer

I probably said too much.

My point is it's too late to dump, no one should be dumping. if you didn't dump last week your stuck. instead you should be buying or possibly holding off a little longer if you want to maximize profits. my personal example was not fitting for this forum but i assumed with all the complex talks I couldn't possibly be the only one to profit that much. I had zero clue as to what I was doing, just had some extra money and bought things that sounded good and had a decent chart, not exactly rocket science. I got lucky but I never put myself in a position to hurt me.

I hoped my experience was a lesson for people is what I was getting at. I lost a ton of money if you really look at it.

brass balls would be telling you how much I put in, how much it was worth two weeks ago and how much it is worth when I cashed out.

0 Not allowed!

I hoped my experience was a lesson for people is what I was getting at. I lost a ton of money if you really look at it.

brass balls would be telling you how much I put in, how much it was worth two weeks ago and how much it is worth when I cashed out.
    As some of my colleagues like to tell me: bulls make money, bears make money, but pigs get slaughtered.

After my divorce, I had to sell a good chunk of company stock -- enough to buy a nice new Subaru. I sold it $41 a share, which at the time was about as high as the stock had been in the last 18 months. My cost basis was about $25, so I made out pretty well. In the 3 months since I sold it, the stock has gone up to about $61 a share..

Long story short, you got in, made a profit, and got out. Don't be sad that you didn't sell at the absolute peak, be happy that you sold it at a profit and move on.

0 Not allowed!
    '03 Porsche 911, '05 KTM 300 EXC, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Honda CRF 250R, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek