Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Crypto currency discussion

Re: Crypto currency discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Vovchandr View Post
    ... so... $35k? new insane? new low?
    I won't fall for that again! lol

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    I won't fall for that again! lol

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Wild

-Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Nananana, i can't hear you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Paul_E_D

Hypertarded

Can't even begin to imagine.....

Man Who Forgot Bitcoin Password Makes 'Peace' with $250 Million Loss: 'Time Heals All Wounds'

A San Francisco man said he has "made peace" with the $250 million fortune that may have gotten away from him as a result of misplacing his Bitcoin password.

In a Wednesday interview with local news station KGO-TV, Stefan Thomas explained that his 7,002 Bitcoin — which equates to nearly $250 million, as of Friday afternoon — have been out of his grasp since 2012.

But those nine years have given Thomas enough time to process the potential loss. And while he says "time heals all wounds," the moments he first realized he couldn't access his cryptocurrency account were harrowing, to say the least.

"There were sort of a couple weeks where I was just desperate — I don't have any other word to describe it," Thomas told KGO-TV. "You sort of question your own self-worth: 'What kind of person loses something that important?' "
    LONDON — A British man who accidentally threw out a hard drive with a trove of bitcoin on it is once again urging local city officials to let him search for it in a landfill site.

James Howells, a 35-year-old IT engineer from Newport, Wales, said he discarded the device while clearing out his home in 2013. He claims he had two identical laptop hard drives, and that he mistakenly put the one containing the cryptographic “private key” needed to access and spend his bitcoins in the trash......
    Howells says he had 7,500 bitcoins which, at today’s prices, would be worth more than $280 million. He says the only way to regain access to it would be through the hard drive he threw in the trash eight years ago.
    Why It Matters: Of the nearly 18.5 million existing BTC, nearly 20% currently worth $122 billion are stuck in stranded wallets, as per Chainalysis, reported the Times.

Even tech-savvy investors are not spared wallet related pain. A BTC investor said this week he lost nearly $100,000 while trying to migrate his Bitcoin from an old computer to a new one.
    I'm pretty confident I would have "offed" myself in a similar situation.

I realize these aren't new concerns with Crypto, but reading these stories, DAM.....

You would have offed yourself for money you don’t have? Fuck that. Now if I woke up tomorrow and I owed that....