Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Dating Again

Re: Dating Again

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    grinder app

Yes, and he could end up with a beautiful BBC

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

Looked quick, thought the thread was title "Dating Asian". Good luck either way.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Tinder and that whole "am I hot or not" class of apps seems targeted towards one thing. That's fine if that's what you're after.
    On the other hand, match, ok-cupid and the sort seem to be targeted towards those looking to very aggressively prescreen. Very different kind of mindset.

Use these tools accordingly.

Busa?

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Women? You'd be better off with a front wheel drive with snow tires...

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

I wouldn't date anyone who has tinder/bumble etc.
    those are strictly hit n runs in my opinion.
    How do people meet nowadays other than the apps? I don't really know.
    I do know that loyalty and respect are synonyms with unicorns. Yet if you if find something worth keeping do whatever you can to keep without "selling yourself short".
    Idk what people do in LA on first dates but fuck that anyways. Be different. Try new things and see what happens.
    Also honest opinion, don't give chances early. You see the signs fucking bail. There's no fixing it, if it's broken from the beginning.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

This is more third date appropriate but remember, "There's rarely a "Welcome!" mat at the back door."

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
    My sister lives in LA

She got out of a looong relationship
    got her digitsr? someone might need it.

I hear a great way to look and find new potential is to talk about you old experience.

Last edited by nt650hawk; 04-28-17 at 07:28 AM.
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Stay single... buy and keep more toys

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

I just found myself now on the Single list. GF of 4 years dumped me. Kind of sucks as I fucking hate dating. I've been divorced almost 20 years. I'm tired of the crazy shit I run into. Funny stuff to share with the boys over beers but tragic when you're the other occupant on a crash and burn date. I'm done with online. I'm done with going out to clubs. I'm going to be that guys that listens when people say, "When you least expect it..." I'll be home watching DVR of races I missed. I won't be expecting anyone to come to my door.

I just want to ride motorcycles and then have a cold drink post ride. See you all at the race track. I will now be pitting next to the noisy guys and not needing that quiet section I was in.

Tom #987

Send cash... I need a track day

Quote Originally Posted by LuvDog View Post
    Stay single... buy and keep more toys
    If you find the right one, it's two incomes to buy toys with instead of one.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by TheIglu; 04-28-17 at 08:33 AM.
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Yeah, and then you end up with an ankle biter and your discretionary income is back down to 50% of what it would have been if you stayed single

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Not always lol...Indian parents that arrange marry have the expectation is that she would not work for the first 10-12 years or so until the kids got older. Other girls that don't make a lot to begin with are hoping that getting married to someone who makes money, so they can work less after they have kids but still upgrade to a comfortable life. Some other girls that make a lot of money are smart/educated and sure as hell won't let you spend tons on something as dumb as toys.

Last edited by breakdirt916; 04-28-17 at 08:44 AM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R **
    instagram @veshlife

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Yeah, and then you end up with an ankle biter and your discretionary income is back down to 50% of what it would have been if you stayed single
    Yeah, but the 10 years before the spawn was filled with convertibles, flying airplanes, racing motorcycles and fun travel!

All good things must come to an end, lol.

-Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    Not always lol...Indian parents that arrange marry have the expectation is that she would not work for the first 10-12 years or so until the kids got older. Yeah, seems to cramp the toy budget significantly for a long time. I will stay single
    Or, don't marry someone for your parents. Find someone YOU like and marry that person.

-Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

50%? LOL!

I wouldn't listen much to what any of these clowns have to say about what type of online dating is good or bad. Usually those with the strongest opinions have the least experience. Give it all a try, you'll figure out what works out for you. Humans are like that, different in their own ways. Not every Tinder girl is in it to smash, not every church girl is looking for 3 kids and a white picket fence. Maybe you do well at bars, maybe at clubs, maybe at the grocery store, maybe online. The important part is you have fun doing it and don't waste any time or stress on something you're not enjoying.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Both very true... had plenty of disposable income, lots of toys, time to use them and enjoy life.
    With the house and the spawn... no time and no money.

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

Bingo.

I did best being a creeper, but also being the best looking guy at the party. It wasn't a big party, there were two guys there. But hey, as long as it works once, then once is all you need.

-Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

it's all kind of a crap shoot...for every nice girl out there is another crazy one. usually you won't know at first.

just cast the net wide (online, in person, friends of friends, clubs, bars, vegas, etc.), screen the best you can, and hopefully over the test of time, she ends up treating you well.

oh crap...it's just like buying a bike

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R **
    instagram @veshlife

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    I wouldn't date anyone who has tinder/bumble etc.
    those are strictly hit n runs in my opinion.
    How do people meet nowadays other than the apps? I don't really know.
    There's not a specific age cut-off, but people on Tinder at 21 are looking for something different than at age 30. Yeah, younger people are looking for a hook-up, but that changes once you get older.

I have a lot of friends that met their significant others through Tinder and Bumble and the like, they're all in their 30s so they went on looking for a relationship. In fact I know of a couple of marriages that happened through Tinder; you want to date someone you find attractive so it's as good a place to start as any. I would say they have more success on Bumble (girl has to message guy first) and Hinge (girls are friends/friends of friends on Facebook) than on Tinder these days, but whatever.

For my friends that met outside apps/online, it's mostly through social stuff like Boston Social Sports League (or whatever it's called), activity groups, that kind of thing.

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post

oh crap...it's just like buying a bike

Indeed... go figure. After years of searching, the one I like most has the highest maintenance costs (the Ducati that is).

Just climbed back out of the dating pool. I was mortified at what was in there. Dating sucks.

If you're serious about getting into something long term I think the secret is to go on a LOT of first dates. Keep it cheap and easy; coffee joints and such. No assumptions and be ready to walk after 5 if its obvious. Be straight and expect them to do the same. First sign of lies and you bolt. Complains about "well most guys take me out to dinner" or such and yer done. Used a photo that's obviously 10+ years old and not even close to current, done. Quantity. Quantity. Quantity. Cover a lot of ground and weed 'em out fast.

Also don't be afraid to have high standards. Be a cold hearted prick and feel free to walk on the first sign you don't like. No sense wasting anyones time here. Not a charity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    I have a lot of friends that met their significant others through Tinder and Bumble and the like, they're all in their 30s so they went on looking for a relationship. In fact I know of a couple of marriages that happened through Tinder; you want to date someone you find attractive so it's as good a place to start as any. I would say they have more success on Bumble (girl has to message guy first) and Hinge (girls are friends/friends of friends on Facebook) than on Tinder these days, but whatever.
    Yeah. I'm in my 30's and gave those apps a shot. Not my experience. More bullshit games than anything else there. My opinion is that if you can't even be bothered to write more than 3 sentences about yourself then you're just not looking for the same thing I am.

Worse, I think many were just looking for the thumbs up. Self assurance that someone out there thought they were hot.

I found the serious types were on Ok Cupid, Match, etc. And they'd put some effort into the profiles and such.

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    For my friends that met outside apps/online, it's mostly through social stuff like Boston Social Sports League (or whatever it's called), activity groups, that kind of thing.
    I am happily married and not looking to date, but I do use meetups.com for hikes and finding Patriots fan sports bars to watch games when I am on business trips. There's usually a mix of people and it seems like a great and low-pressure way to meet singles (with similar interests) without actually trying. That said, I imagine if your sole reason for joining these groups is to meet potential dates, you will probably be disappointed; I'd guess the situation has to occur organically to work.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanNicholson View Post
    Indeed... go figure. After years of searching, the one I like most has the highest maintenance costs (the Ducati that is).
    Italian bikes, Italian girls. Same. Same.

Johnny

Its an Italian bike...Ive had (have?) a few

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast