Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

DIY vinyl car wrap?

Re: DIY vinyl car wrap?

Put a couple window fans in the garage door, get a cross-flow going. In my experience that cuts down the dust enough.
    I should add I do this for painting but have never bothered for vinyl.. and my garage is filthy.

That said I'm an amateur expecting amateur results.

I found vinyl wrapping incredibly fun and relaxing. My version of arts and crafts hour.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar

So I think I found my direction. Went to cambridge auto body in waltham ( older fellow, they did my rear wheel well due to some issues and color matched really well)
    to prep the hood , side fenders, blend and paint $700
    with buying a new front bumper for $200 thru his dist. another 100$ to paint.

so $800 OTD to paint it properly which will cover 80% of the issues. The other chips on the side and rear bumper I can live with and probably just touch up.

goign to think about it but Im pretty sure that I'll do that vs body prep myself and a Maaco job or time spent me wrapping.

hmmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    So I think I found my direction. Went to cambridge auto body in waltham ( older fellow, they did my rear wheel well due to some issues and color matched really well)
    I don't suppose you asked if they do motorcycle stuff as well..?

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post

so $800 OTD to paint it properly which will cover 80% of the issues. The other chips on the side and rear bumper I can live with and probably just touch up.

goign to think about it but Im pretty sure that I'll do that vs body prep myself and a Maaco job or time spent me wrapping.
    Spending a G to save the car and be happy seems like a reasonable outcome to me.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12