Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Facebook marketplace groups

Facebook marketplace groups

I know fb is the devil, but I hear grumblings that itís where used commerce takes place these days.
    Iím thinking about opening a/my profile again (I donít even think the hard delete actually disappears your old profile, I donít know) to sell some stuff, namely, a bicycle, some guitar stuff, and obviously some motorbikes/gear: aka stuff that also isnít moving on any forum.
    So list your favorite/most active/best filtered classified groups if you donít mind sharing.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar

Re: Facebook marketplace groups

this is a pretty " high end" group. I see some good stuff from clean houses there. No cheap stuff
    ma high end yard sale items over $200

0 Not allowed!
    hmmmm......

Just create a brand new profile. Seems to be the in thing to do; "delete" your old profile every 6-12 months, create a new one and make everyone wonder if you are spammage or not. It's GREAT!

New England Riders has a FB group. But you can't post F/S items there. If you do you will be banned and it will be assumed you ride a sportsbike. Instead you must post them in "NER - Sell & Buy Motorcycle Classified".
    Those guys are wound pretty tight and do not seem to accept any kind of shenanigans, even the actually funny kind.

1 Not allowed!

Forums don’t belong on fb. It’s lame.

Marketplace is the new Craigslist. Many people use exclusively that over Craigslist/eBay.

I have had great luck selling/buying stuff. Very common to have same nonsense as Craigslist but very easy to block someone you don’t like / don’t wanna deal with.

0 Not allowed!

I just sold a camper trailer and listed it on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace, I had much better results with Craigslist. I didn't list my phone number so I didn't have idiots texting me non stop if it was still available.

0 Not allowed!
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Forums don’t belong on fb. It’s lame.

Marketplace is the new Craigslist. Many people use exclusively that over Craigslist/eBay.

I have had great luck selling/buying stuff. Very common to have same nonsense as Craigslist but very easy to block someone you don’t like / don’t wanna deal with.
    Exactly my point. Which fb groups are best is the intel I seek.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

The generic Facebook market place works fine for me. I post in the local towns too but usually those don’t have any traction.

0 Not allowed!

I do a lot with bicycle groups, for national road/mtb look at online swap meet, for local/regional more mtb oriented there's new england bicycle classifieds. there's buy/sell/trade groups for gravel, fat bikes, big bikes, whatever you want. Usually I'll find new groups by searching and just looking at the member count.

0 Not allowed!

One thing about selling on FB vs selling on CL is that Craigslist lets you remain more anonymous as a seller. So if you’re selling a high-dollar item on FB, the buyer can see your full name and profile, and easily do some sleuthing to find out your address. Or selling multiple expensive items, as there’s an option to “see all items from this seller”.

I had my track F4i listed on marketplace, had 2 people arrange day/times to check it out... then both went MIA the days they were supposed to meet up.

1 Not allowed!
    -Matt

I'm like the fb marketplace and you can see who the hell your dealing and and in the often chance you have a mutual friend you can find of if the person is a psycho or not. My wife has been using it to find and off load baby stuff.

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jhawley View Post
    I'm like the fb marketplace and you can see who the hell your dealing and and in the often chance you have a mutual friend you can find of if the person is a psycho or not. My wife has been using it to find and off load baby stuff.
    What baby stuff... off load my way bro

1 Not allowed!

Love or hate it, FB Marketplace is way more effective than Craigslist now. The usual time-wasters and scammers are there, but the nice part as a seller is that you can stalk a potential buyer and get a read on them. If their profile is non-existent or brand new it's a red flag.

Bike I listed last week got 41 FB responses and 3 CL responses in 4 days.

Post to the marketplace, then "Post to more groups" and share to all of the most popular, local, relevant groups. NH Big Boys w/ Toys and a few others have 30-40k members or so. Max out the 10 group limit. I focus more on popular groups than highly targeted groups with like 200 members.

I'm in Maine so my groups probably aren't as relevant but it's easy to search and find the big ones in your area.

2 Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Sold my old car via Facebook Marketplace and it went fairly smoothly. I didn't pick a particular group to post it to, kind of just generically posted it.

0 Not allowed!

I've sold two cars and a motorcycle on FB Marketplace and all went very well. Gas of Mass, Northeast cycle swap, New England biker classifieds and mass tuning classifieds are the ones that fit your needs that I follow.

2 Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

I been studying the rental apartments out in Ogden, UT for next winter. The features are better with FB. Just gotta watch out for scammers I suppose.

0 Not allowed!
    May the road rise to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face.

Just post it everywhere (CL and FB) and are what bites

Check local groups and special interest (ie the local MA motorcycle buy/sell for the strom). Not that itís the only rule, but when I search for sale groups is the one with the most members.

0 Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R **
    instagram @veshlife

Do you need stuff? If your having a girl I'll box up 1/2 my house and send it your way. Hell I'll drive it to you.

1 Not allowed!

I'm still having better luck with craigslist renting my apts. I do foresee that changing soon though.

1 Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Ive seen forum classifieds die so hard, but I refuse to get facebook :/

Its too much of an invasion of privacy.

- - - Updated - - -

what do you need for baby stuff bro?

0 Not allowed!

PW50, helmet, pads, jerseys...

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 01xj View Post
    Do you need stuff? If your having a girl I'll box up 1/2 my house and send it your way. Hell I'll drive it to you.
    Haha we are expecting a boy in 7 weeks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    Ive seen forum classifieds die so hard, but I refuse to get facebook :/

Its too much of an invasion of privacy.

- - - Updated - - -

what do you need for baby stuff bro?
    I don’t even know at this point. I know for sure we need a rocker chair? Or whatever it’s called for the mother to be next to crib? She wants one lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    PW50, helmet, pads, jerseys...
    Obvisouly

0 Not allowed!

Same with CL on apartments haha...rather just have one place for people to contact me anonymously with an ad that’s easy to control or delete

0 Not allowed!
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: ** 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 500R **
    instagram @veshlife