Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Our new family member

professional lurker burtonboarder23's Avatar

Our new family member

We just got back from adopting this little guy, he's a pit mix that was rescued from shitty owners in the south. He's a little small for 20 weeks due to being malnourished but is about as well mannered as can be
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Our new family member-uploadfromtaptalk1348272861993-jpg  

5 Not allowed!
    "Could you elaborate on that a bit? Just telling me not to run a specific tire, and giving me no true logical explanation is like telling me I'm going to get my dick sucked tonight, and not by whom."

Re: Our new family member

That is awesome! Rescuing is the way to go. There are so many pooches killed everyday in shelters. We have a lab mix rescue that came from Alabama, he's a great dog. It's almost like they know you saved them.

0 Not allowed!
    Jeff

Sweet, congrats! Good job on the rescue. Our next dog will be a rescue as well.

0 Not allowed!

awww!! congrats!!!

for going with a rescue!!

0 Not allowed!
    --Jesse
    2001 SV650s

Those dawgs are dangerous, be careful.

Totally kidding, I don't believe a word of that. Congrats on the pupoose.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Our new family member

We got to see his sisters and parents as well, hyper but nothing but love for everyone. Luckily last nights intro to our cat went fine, they just smelled each other for a second then curled up and fell asleep

0 Not allowed!
    "Could you elaborate on that a bit? Just telling me not to run a specific tire, and giving me no true logical explanation is like telling me I'm going to get my dick sucked tonight, and not by whom."

Awhhh he's so cute. but, ya be very careful he might attack you, with kisses that is. lol I found a pit/mix 3 yrs. ago while driving through VA at a gas station. someone had thrown him out of a car, he was 15 weeks old.

0 Not allowed!

Our new family member

Yea our friends have mixed opinions, I just tell the haters to F off... In laws included. Raised in a loving house they are amazing family dogs

0 Not allowed!

andrew

Thats awesome . Looks like a beautiful dog for a Pit . But seriously be carefull . they will steel your heart . They are great dogs .

0 Not allowed!

Awesome, congrats!!

0 Not allowed!
    John
    CCS/LRRS Expert #69
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2004
    "Speed has a kind of affinity for me, it's the time God and I have our little talks."

Lifer

Just adopted a dog from Darbster Doggy in Chichester. I’ve adopted from Manchester Animal Shelter (recommend), tried to from Ruff Tales Rescue (don’t recommend) and now Darbster and they were awesome.

Our new family member-c5ae502b-b4b4-45dc-b433-90607c8ea6d4

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by burtonboarder23 View Post
    Yea our friends have mixed opinions, I just tell the haters to F off... In laws included. Raised in a loving house they are amazing family dogs
    There's a long tradition of being vague about exactly what breed of terrier any particular dog is. It's one of those "Go along, get along" things. A friend of mine states his dog is a "Staffordshire Terrier." Some people get it, some don't.

Good luck with your pup!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergeant_Stubby

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/famous-dogs-rip/13/

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 02-04-20 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by burtonboarder23 View Post
    We just got back from adopting this little guy, he's a pit mix that was rescued from shitty owners in the south. He's a little small for 20 weeks due to being malnourished but is about as well mannered as can be
    That looks like our new guy, but the coloring is different, shape very much the same though. He might just be a smaller pit (usually Staffordshire Terrier more than Pitbull), ours is full grown at 40#, but he looks smaller than what he weighs. He's been awesome, but won't play ball, hates going on walks, generally loves to sleep and lay on your lap. Very cat like. Good luck with him.

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    Just adopted a dog from Darbster Doggy in Chichester. Iíve adopted from Manchester Animal Shelter (recommend), tried to from Ruff Tales Rescue (donít recommend) and now Darbster and they were awesome.

Our new family member-c5ae502b-b4b4-45dc-b433-90607c8ea6d4
    Looks like the pup we had to put down a few weeks ago. She was pretty old and got real sick, she was sick for much longer than we thought too. The vet said these breeds are tough and typically donít show any sign of shit going wrong till itís too late.

Our new family member-0bac3c40-05cb-4066-8549-7c98bcb6fff1

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by PinHead; 02-05-20 at 04:49 PM.
    2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2018 Onewheel XR

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Why the fuck do the pics turn sideways dammit?

1 Not allowed!
    2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2018 Onewheel XR

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Looks like the pup we had to put down a few weeks ago. She was pretty old and got real sick, she was sick for much longer than we thought too. The vet said these breeds are tough and typically don’t show any sign of shit going wrong till it’s too late.

We had a pit/boxer mix who had seen a vet three times in his last year of life, then the night before last st patties day, he started acting very strange and trembling nonstop, we brought him to the ER, he apparently had two tumors in his abdomen, one ruptured, and we had to put him down. I was devastated and still am so sad it ended so abruptly. We just adopted this dog, allegedly an “American bulldog mix”, 11 months old... hopefully history doesn’t repeat itself. I feel like we couldn’t do anything more... rescue recommended science diet food, no “junk food” dog treats (the wife would always deny be buying snausages), always up to date for vet recommended stuff.... we aren’t smokers so no second hand smoke...

0 Not allowed!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Looks like the pup we had to put down a few weeks ago. She was pretty old and got real sick, she was sick for much longer than we thought too. The vet said these breeds are tough and typically don’t show any sign of shit going wrong till it’s too late.

Wicked good looking dog, similar to the one we put down, Twiggy.Our new family member-6aadb0fa-fa7c-4ad5-9c35-6b571a685e4c

0 Not allowed!