Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

My Favorite Bar Closed

Angry My Favorite Bar Closed

Damnit! Been goin to the same place (its right on the way home from work) after work for a few pops a few nights a week for the past 2 years... And now, its up and closed... No warning, nada.

Its pretty sad, cos it really was a "Cheers" kinda place where everyone knew your name (same bartenders, same waitresses, same cleaning staff for the last 2 years... i ain't seen one new face so they all pretty much knew me)

Now the nearest bar to my work is like 4 miles away unless I want to brave the fucking mob scene that is Chili's...

EDIT: You used to be able to find me about 3 nights a week at Victoria's Station in Burlington, but alas, no more.

Anyone know of any decent bars in Burlington?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

My Favorite Bar Closed

Originally posted by The KING
    pardon me for asking, but wtf do you do at a bar a couple nights a week? so you go up and sit at the bar, get a drink, then what???
    I'm not there for more than an hour. Basically just enough time to grab a tall beer, and wait for traffic on 128 to die down enough for me not to have a brain hemorage on the way home.

Yup, its totally closed. No notice, nothing. I was going to watch game 2 there, and when I showed up they had a sign saying "Closed for Renovations", and I've checked back over the last few days, but when I call their Salem branch they say its closed permanently.

But when we ride very fast motorcycles, we ride with immaculate sanity. We might abuse a substance here and there, but only when it's right. The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body. It is that simple: If you ride fast and crash, you are a bad rider. If you go slow and crash, you are a bad rider. And if you are a bad rider, you should not ride motorcycles.

My Favorite Bar Closed

Yeah, Macaroni Grill and Chili's are right there, but both of those places are standing room (but no elbow room) only after work...

Just Registered

My Favorite Bar Closed

I dug that place - never was a happy hour attendee but grabbed a few good meals there every now and then.

Sucks to hear

My 2 vices, not necessarily in order:
    www.gpsdiscussion.com
    motorcycleaddicts.org

My Favorite Bar Closed

I feel for ya man.... I remember when one of my old hangout bars burned down.

It was a sad sad day.

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

My Favorite Bar Closed

I feel for ya! My home away from home when I was 21 to 27 was Ebineezers in Framingham, The owner up and decided it was no longer what he wanted to do and sold it. It's now a freakin Indian restaurant.. Now all the other local places are young 21 yr old punks. Eb's was a hole bunch of regulars and the age group was 21 to 70 and everyone always had a great time!

I do have a place right next door to me but it's too convienent. I can walk out my front door and walk 30 yards into the bar.. Free pool and a huge screen tv. I'm scared to go over there and like it too much and end up there every night like my nieghbor..

So how many bars are we hitting in Boston Tomorrow night??

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

My Favorite Bar Closed

Originally posted by Half Squid
    I feel for ya! My home away from home when I was 21 to 27 was Ebineezers in Framingham, The owner up and decided it was no longer what he wanted to do and sold it. It's now a freakin Indian restaurant.. Now all the other local places are young 21 yr old punks. Eb's was a hole bunch of regulars and the age group was 21 to 70 and everyone always had a great time!

I do have a place right next door to me but it's too convienent. I can walk out my front door and walk 30 yards into the bar.. Free pool and a huge screen tv. I'm scared to go over there and like it too much and end up there every night like my nieghbor..

So how many bars are we hitting in Boston Tomorrow night??
    WHOAH! Ebineezers is gone? When did that happen? WHAT WHAT WHAT?!?! I used to live in Framingham (2 years ago for 4.5 years) and I'd be there most every night during the winter chatting it up with the locals..

Hey, PM with yer cell phone numba. I'm gonna be in the city tonight partying it up, I'll bring that CD for ya with me and hopefully we can hook up at some bar or another...

Cheers,
    Chris

Dic on

My Favorite Bar Closed

Originally posted by The KING
    pardon me for asking, but wtf do you do at a bar a couple nights a week? so you go up and sit at the bar, get a drink, then what???
    And then talk to people. You know Joe, there are actually some people who other people LIKE to talk to.

derek

"Too bad ponies are assholes."

OXX