Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

I feel sick

Thumbs down I feel sick

The American dollar is LESS than the Canadian dollar

PUKE

I knew it was on the decline, but did not know it was this bad

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ~ Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it.~

Re: I feel sick

Are you Fucking shitting ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking canadians!!!!

You feel sick? I paid for my education and living expenses for 11 years in USD that I converted from canadian (Im from canada)

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Thats alright, things are still cheaper here. Thier dollar went up and the prices are the same. I think we had a guy on our canadien motorcycle trip pay 400 bucks for a rear tire put on. Talk about robbery.

bruce

Quote Originally Posted by mycirus View Post
    Thats alright, things are still cheaper here. Thier dollar went up and the prices are the same. I think we had a guy on our canadien motorcycle trip pay 400 bucks for a rear tire put on. Talk about robbery.

bruce
    It is all starting to change. For the first time on friday I saw books printed and both prices on the jacket cover were the same. Books have historically always been priced higher in Canada.

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    You feel sick? I paid for my education and living expenses for 11 years in USD that I converted from canadian (Im from canada)

My condolences...the being from Canada thing must really suck

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

Touche!

Altho it's true that a lot of stuff is much more expensive in Canada (gas, food, clothes, etc.) there is one thing that is still much much cheaper and it's houses. You can buy a beautiful, recently built home in the suburbs, with a large yard or even acres of land, for MUCHHHHH cheaper than in the US. It is not difficult for middle income (and even lower incomes) to own a home up there.

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

My family from cali calls every fag they have seen

Canadian!!!!!!

Is this PC

I seen a sign the other day that said

"I would rather go hunting with Dick Cheney,

Than driving with ted kennedy"

Our economy is in the fucking shitter right now. It hasn't been this bad for over 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by mycirus View Post

bruce
    But they are all coming down here and getting gret deals... especially on ebay...

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Quote Originally Posted by R1slowflyer View Post
    Are you Fucking shitting ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking canadians!!!!
    Fucking Canadians?!?!

How about a gummint spending like a drunk sailor and cutting taxes? When ya spend like crazy someone's got to pay the bill...either inflation or high taxes. People bitch about the price of oil, but it really hasn't gone up as much as it appears; most of it is imported and the low value of the American dollar can share quite a bit of the blame...inflation.

A balanced federal budget would help a lot, but it just got worse with the AMT "fix" just put through before Christmas.

Vote Ron Paul!

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by fasterthanu View Post
    The American dollar is LESS than the Canadian dollar

PUKE

I knew it was on the decline, but did not know it was this bad
    Don't worry, you'll see the dollar pick up steam in the next few months. Wall Street (as well as foreign hedge funds) have been short the dollar over most of 2007...and 2006 for that matter. The US goverment actually started shorting the dollar back in 2004 to prop up our economy (a cheap dollar is good for foreign investments and American business due to our products being chaeper).Once the books close on 2007 and all the hedge funds can show their investors how much money they made they will then start to cover their trades and go net long the dollar and move onto the next money making investment...(probably short gold or bonds perhaps). Just like oil; does anyone really think oil is worth 94 bucks????? Certainly not! It's all speculators trying to make money and the herd piles on and takes the trade to the extreme...I.E. Shorting the dollar or a stock ( Shorting a stock,or anything tradeable, is Borrowing stock from your broker and selling it at a certain price..say 1000 shares of XYZ at $70 then buying it back at a lower price say $40 giving your borrowed shares back to the broker and keeping the $30,000 difference. Your broker only wants his borrowed shares back at a certain time, he doesn't care what you do with them), this creates downward pressure on a stock (or whatever investment....dollars...oil...soybean futures...orange juice futures) and creates supply in the market for that particular stock/commodity.

Thats all this dollar nonsence is.....pure and simple speculators making money by being short the dollar, creating supply (In the short to medium term everything comes down to supply and demand. It doesn't matter how good or bad a companies, or economies', fundamentals are. Long term however it is all about fundamentals)

Ok, class dismissed. Now go out there and get net long the dollar and watch your investment grow!!!

Well I guess I feel better, I just wish I understood what you said. I mean I got the gist but

Quote Originally Posted by naked-daytrader View Post
    Ok, class dismissed. Now go out there and get net long the dollar and watch your investment grow!!!

HOW?

Quote Originally Posted by fasterthanu View Post
    Well I guess I feel better, I just wish I understood what you said. I mean I got the gist but

HOW?
    Open a brokerage account.

Not sure how much you need to trade currencies and commodities but I would imagine you'd need to open the account with at least 5k. I know you need minimum 2k for a regular stock trading margin account and you definetly need minimum of 25k for a regular trading account if your what they call a "Pattern Daytrader", that is to buy and sell stocks the same day and not hold overnight.

Google "Trading commodities/Currencies" and see what comes up. I don't trade commodities or currencies so I wouldn't really know, I just daytrade stocks only and on occasion I'll trade options to protect some of my positions..

Good Luck,

Quote Originally Posted by MissTwisties View Post
    Touche!

Altho it's true that a lot of stuff is much more expensive in Canada (gas, food, clothes, etc.) there is one thing that is still much much cheaper and it's houses. You can buy a beautiful, recently built home in the suburbs, with a large yard or even acres of land, for MUCHHHHH cheaper than in the US. It is not difficult for middle income (and even lower incomes) to own a home up there.
    I think you are missing one very important point. LOCATION. Where I grew up in Toronto there isn't a chance in hell the houses are cheaper than they are in the suburbs of Boston. 3 bedroom houses are a mil all day long. Same with my wife's neighborhood in Montreal. Very similar to the housing market I see here in Brookline.

Middle class folks in the USA can easily buy the newly built homes you speak of across the country, just not in NY, MA etc. Hit NC, Georgia, TN etc etc and your problem is solved.

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

I think you are missing one very important point. LOCATION. Where I grew up in Toronto there isn't a chance in hell the houses are cheaper than they are in the suburbs of Boston. 3 bedroom houses are a mil all day long. Same with my wife's neighborhood in Montreal. Very similar to the housing market I see here in Brookline.

Middle class folks in the USA can easily buy the newly built homes you speak of across the country, just not in NY, MA etc. Hit NC, Georgia, TN etc etc and your problem is solved.

couldn't agree more. just got back from visiting my parents in Toronto Area. 2 bedroom 1500 sq ft house is at least 450k and thats 30 mins outside the city.

for the 1st time we have notice (also) duty free items are priced equal between US dollars and CAN loonies.

It was hitting 1 loonie to 1.10 US $, now came down to 1 loonie to 1.02US $, I think alot of that was jerk reactions from initial subprime mortgage crisis.

Carlton
    My facebook

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

Well of course, you're talking about suburbs around big metropoles. Houses in and around Montreal are way expensive. Go an hour away outside of these big cities and the price are dropping. I lived in Montreal for one year, Quebec city also for nearly one year. Houses are not affordable around the big centers. Also I wouldn't know about Toronto and the rest of the country, I can only speak for Quebec province. Altho my brother-in-law is in the military in Ontario and he is at his second house buying, both were under $200 000 for a nice spacious 3 bedrooms ranch style with nice size lot.

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."