Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

New fight topic: Windshield Wipers

Re: New fight topic: Windshield Wipers

Quote Originally Posted by capitalcrew View Post
    They're definitely not. They're doing what they do with tires I'm sure. They pick one they like and then see how cheap they can have it made lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottieducati View Post
    It’s the nice new windshield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe. All I know is that for years I was on the side of just buy the cheap ones of whatever, then tried the pricier Bosch and others and never found one I liked, or that didn't streak after a few months. So I looked up OEM numbers, bought those for about the same price, and am totally happy with them 2 or 3 years later, and still going.

0 Not allowed!

So no luck with wiper blades Iím afraid. Everywhere I went said they didnít have them for my motorcycle. One guy even laughed at me for even asking about wipers for my bike.

1 Not allowed!

I stripped the wiper arm (spline thing) on one of my van wipers by cranking it in ice. Decided I would let it ride to acclimate myself before the other one's eventual demise. Now I'm ready for the apocalypse and friends/family are scared to ask me for rides. Win win.

0 Not allowed!

Hahaha

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by motoarch View Post
    So no luck with wiper blades I’m afraid. Everywhere I went said they didn’t have them for my motorcycle. One guy even laughed at me for even asking about wipers for my bike.
    Seems like they are limiting their market.

New fight topic: Windshield Wipers-gl1800j-jpg

0 Not allowed!

ain't nuttin wrong w/that scubasteveRR's Avatar

I was also a twice a year wiper changer when using the Rain-x and Bosch brands on my old Civics, then I bought a new Si in 2014 and noticed the blades lasted about a year.

I have the Fresh Pond Honda dealer right near my house so I've buying just the OEM wiper inserts for the last 4 years and I find they last me about a year as well. I think they're $7 bucks a piece.

I will note that the actual wiper frame is starting to look a little weathered and faded. I was gonna take them off and paint them glossy black but then I thought that the paint would mess up the arm articulation so I'm going to just buy some new OEM wiper arms and new blades before the snow flies.

I will also note that the windshield has a lot to do with proper water removal.. an old, weather and pitted windshield will hinder the water removal of even brand new blades

0 Not allowed!

Rain-X(R) Deep Cleaning Windshield Kit - Rain-X

Wow! This was like putting on a new windshield. I cleaned the wipers too and I was shocked how much dirt came out from
    Them.

0 Not allowed!

FYI "winter" blades are just the cheapy metal framed ones with a rubber boot over the frame to keep snow from clogging it up. If you get a nicer hybrid style with the rubber body, they are typically built better and work in snow as well.

That being said, I'm happy with my OEM ones on my 2010 Camaro, once the originals wore out after like 3 or 4 years, I tried some nice aftermarket ones but they didn't last nearly as long nor did they work or fit as well, so I went back to the OEM. And the bonus at least for GM is they are really cheap, much less than RainX or Bosch. RainX does make some nice wipers though, and I do use their washer fluid as it works well too.

0 Not allowed!

I just bought clay bars.

0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6 / 2000 LS650P

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    I just bought clay bars.
    Money well spent

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Baker View Post
    FYI "winter" blades are just the cheapy metal framed ones with a rubber boot over the frame to keep snow from clogging it up. If you get a nicer hybrid style with the rubber body, they are typically built better and work in snow as well.

That being said, I'm happy with my OEM ones on my 2010 Camaro, once the originals wore out after like 3 or 4 years, I tried some nice aftermarket ones but they didn't last nearly as long nor did they work or fit as well, so I went back to the OEM. And the bonus at least for GM is they are really cheap, much less than RainX or Bosch. RainX does make some nice wipers though, and I do use their washer fluid as it works well too.
    Real winter wipers use a softer compound for the blade so they don't stiffen as much in the winter and stay contoured to the windshield throughout the full travel.

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

xxaarraa

Quote Originally Posted by xxaarraa View Post
    I have tried a few different brands of wipers including Rain-X. I have found they always start skipping and streaking after a little while (12-15k miles?)

I recently read that it's more to do with impurities building up on the windshield itself and not the wipers. The car detailing forum that I read said to try claying the windshield regularly to solve this. I have not gotten around to doing that.
    OK I tried this and happy to report that claying the windshield does indeed work. No more skipping of the same wiper blades. Will be adding windshield claying to every oil change routine.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Money well spent
    I'm actually impressed, my windshield still looks like the surface of the moon, but is noticeably smoother and glare from the sun/reflections is far less than before. I'm curious to see how much better this is driving into the sun or dealing with headlight glare now.

1 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6 / 2000 LS650P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123