Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Fighting with ebay/ paypal

Re: Fighting with ebay/ paypal

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Just make sure to revoke any bank account access they have so they can't try to pull funds back from you.
    which is what happened to me ... different situation though, i mistakingly trusted someone with FF payment but never received the product. i also shipped product to this person and never received payment ... ended up losing ~$500. had the Bacon sent to his shop and everything, still lost.

good luck, OP. wrong address seems like the only recourse.

0 Not allowed!
    Beta 200RR

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    So what?

They lock your account. You make a new one.

You pay for their protection. If they don't provide it, fuck them.

Dispute that charge at every level.
    Check out this link... it shows a few scenarios where the buyer got money back from both paypal and/or ebay despite them originally closing dispute on seller. It took a few more rounds on appeal and documentation but they got their money back.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Sellin.../td-p/28373068

1 Not allowed!

I'm with iglu... dispute at every level... don't even wait to call your CC company.

0 Not allowed!
    2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

Yeah. I'm not done at all. It's just a slow and frustrating process. Usps customer service said they would provide proof of where it was sent via email. So hopefully when that comes in i can appeal with PayPal since it will be on an official letterhead.

I'd really like to not lose my account and have to go through the process of having to open a new one. I use PayPal pretty frequently and every other transaction has been fine. This definitely sucks though.

0 Not allowed!

Fuck PayPal with two dirty sandpaper dicks.

Fun fact: They keep their fees if you need to issue a refund. This is nice when I've had maybe 5 or so "buyers" over the last few months try to change shipping info at the last second.

I recently had a buyer in line for some Ducati parts. They confirmed that they were domestic US. They gave me a residential address in CA which seemed to check out. We agreed on shipping fees. I gave them my PayPal and they sent payment with a shipping address in Singapore. I immediately refunded but am still on the hook for $30 in fees. I showed PayPal the bait/switch communication chain with the "buyer" and got nowhere. I seriously think that they train their customer support reps to stop making sense after 90 seconds or so. I could maybe escalate, but the wall of dumb they have in place is a really effective barrier when we're talking about $30.

Lesson learned is to not give my PayPal, but to get theirs and issue a request detailing the shipping address, I guess?

0 Not allowed!

I disputed mine with my CC for $4700 and they didn't lock my accounts. My paypal was limited for a bit and I had to reconfirm my information but it wasn't locked or closed.

0 Not allowed!

Did you dispute it with your credit card company? You will have better luck with them than anyone else.

0 Not allowed!
    You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

Finally over. Got a credit to my account tonight. I'll give you the readers digest version.

PayPal was absolutely useless and sided with the seller almost immediately. No surprise since you reach a call center in Sri Lanka.

Had to call eBay 4 times. Explain the story each time. Each rep tells you something different. They were generally pretty easy to deal with to be honest and didn't give me the bs that paypal did. It helped that my story was somewhat corroborated by reviews left by other users who had the same thing happen. (empty envelope sent to a hotel)

Yes I know I could have done a charge back but Im usually at work when I call, might as well make the best of down time. Plus I didn't want the seller to "win".

Lesson learned, check the age of the sellers account. I know this is easy, I know I should have known better. I got into the habit of buying from major retailers through their eBay account since its an easy way to save a ton of money and really just completely forgot that legit looking ads can still be fake/ scams.

Now the fun part is that the seller gave me their first and last name and home address. With some internet stalking I'm thinking I can come up with a way to get some kind of revenge, even if it's petty.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by 01xj; 01-30-20 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 01xj View Post
    Now the fun part is that the seller gave me their first and last name and home address. With some internet stalking I'm thinking I can come up with a way to get some kind of revenge, even if it's petty.
    Just watched this the other day. At ~10 mins in, glitter bomb engineer guy explains how he got revenge on some asshole online.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a_TSR_v07m0

0 Not allowed!
    -Matt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12