Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Ford Bronco

Re: Ford Bronco

Agreed. Pull the back seats out to make it a functional 2 seater SUV. Seats without doors are not only useless, they are in the way. LOL

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Hypertarded

Guy who lives down the road just passed me in one of the new "Uni-body" 4 door Bronco Sports, doesn't look bad, but the 2 models are so different using the Bronco name for both is akin to the E-Mustang. Come on Ford, you got a lot of unused names in the closet, bring 'em back. Or hell, maybe have your branding division step up their game and come up with new names...

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    Guy who lives down the road just passed me in one of the new "Uni-body" 4 door Bronco Sports, doesn't look bad, but the 2 models are so different using the Bronco name for both is akin to the E-Mustang. Come on Ford, you got a lot of unused names in the closet, bring 'em back. Or hell, maybe have your branding division step up their game and come up with new names...
    It works for movies reboots, they are now trying it for products.

Easier to oversell high expectations based on a known brand than try to build new ones from the ground up.

I still think Ford was very bald to go with Mustang name for that 4dr cross over but I understand why they did it at the time they did.

I'm mostly curious what other nostalgia names will get brought back from the dead. I think Defender/Wagoneer were the last ones.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I mean its better than bronco II

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Bronco II woulda been fine by me.

Bronco sport sometimes looks LR LR2ish to me, and some times first gen Jeep Patriot with elephantiasis

Your park avenue leads to..

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Meh I don't think a 2 door would be bad for my situation. I could see how it would be annoying if you had passengers in the back seat though.
    My 2-door Wrangler was perfect when it was just me, SO and a dog. Take the back seats out turned it into a mini truck, it was wonderful. Hook a trailer up if you need bigger items, it towed pretty decently.

Granted I'm not much of a people person, so I never had friends I wanted to stuff in the back (which was annoying), so take that into account if you are.

A 2-door is perfect if you don't plan on spawning and are a bit of a loner.

Last edited by SRTie4k; 03-23-21 at 11:47 AM.
    2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    2017 Honda CRF250L Rally

Here's a fun video of the Bronco Sport being run off road with all season tires.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Quote Originally Posted by Vovchandr View Post
    It works for movies reboots, they are now trying it for products.

Easier to oversell high expectations based on a known brand than try to build new ones from the ground up.

I still think Ford was very bald to go with Mustang name for that 4dr cross over but I understand why they did it at the time they did.

I'm mostly curious what other nostalgia names will get brought back from the dead. I think Defender/Wagoneer were the last ones.
    Chevy brought the Blazer nameplate back a few years ago and missed by a fuckin' long shot.

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

I am a huge Mustang fan. My first car was a Mustang, my first dream car was a Mustang ('67 Fastback GT500), and I hope to own one again. I am also a EV enthusiast... but what Ford did with the Mach-E is an embarrassment. They diluted the Mustang name IMHO.

They should have called it something else and torpedo'd the idea of that front end... get that foo man chu mustache out of my face.

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yev View Post
    I am a huge Mustang fan. My first car was a Mustang, my first dream car was a Mustang ('67 Fastback GT500), and I hope to own one again. I am also a EV enthusiast... but what Ford did with the Mach-E is an embarrassment. They diluted the Mustang name IMHO.

They should have called it something else and torpedo'd the idea of that front end... get that foo man chu mustache out of my face.
    Agreed. I remember back in the day when Ford thought that calling what wound up being the Probe the new Mustang caused a huge uproar and forced them to change it to the Probe. Mustang purists wanted nothing to do with a front wheel drive Mustang. Wonder what happened to the purists of old......

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    Agreed. I remember back in the day when Ford thought that calling what wound up being the Probe the new Mustang caused a huge uproar and forced them to change it to the Probe. Mustang purists wanted nothing to do with a front wheel drive Mustang. Wonder what happened to the purists of old......
    I loved the second gen probe gt

Purists of the old die off because newer is desired and is convenient/better = appeals to a larger population = more sales.

Carbs > leads into > Injection
    Manual steering > leads into > power steering
    Manual transmissions > leads into > automatics/DCT
    Solid axle offroads > lead into > wishbone suspension and computers for traction
    Cable throttle > leads into > Fly by wire
    Gas cars > will lead into electrics
    Play stop-N-go traffic > leads into letting the car do it for you

etc etc etc

Some "purists" do draw a hard line at not going FWD for obvious reasons.

But overall they all succumb to conveniences of the new.

There are still hard core purists seeking and driving around Ford Model T's. I bought a property of a guy who drove with a group of Model T's across the country.

To people like that even guys driving around 60's cars have given into conveniences and are "spoiled"

Purists of the old die off because newer is desired and is convenient/better = appeals to a larger population = more sales.

Solid axle offroads > lead into > wishbone suspension and computers for traction

etc etc etc

There are still hard core purists seeking and driving around Ford Model T's. I bought a property of a guy who drove with a group of Model T's across the country.

To people like that even guys driving around 60's cars have given into conveniences and are "spoiled"
    I think it has something to do with enjoyment of the vehicle as well.

I've beaten this to death...but standard transmissions are just more fun (engaging) to drive.

My uncle has an old ford AA that used to have the original flat 4 and unsynchronized tranny. Was it convenient? Hell no. Was it fun to drive? Yep.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    I think it has something to do with enjoyment of the vehicle as well.

I've beaten this to death...but standard transmissions are just more fun (engaging) to drive.

My uncle has an old ford AA that used to have the original flat 4 and unsynchronized tranny. Was it convenient? Hell no. Was it fun to drive? Yep.
    I mean I agree. That's why I have bikes and a Caterham and Miatas etc. But these are ... toys.

For my daily I have the Volvo and I love the heated seat and nice features and auto (It's being swapped for a manual but thats another story)

My next daily car is bound to have all modern bells and whistles and automatic cruise control, heated steering wheel etc.

I'm all for a fun car when I want to have fun. But a bike/toy car in traffic while commuting is hardly fun and fun aspects of the car stop being a feature.

The unsyncronized tranny had to be adventurous.

I'm all for a fun car when I want to have fun. But a bike/toy car in traffic while commuting is hardly fun and fun aspects of the car stop being a feature.
    I find that having 2+ vehicles (one for function and one for fun) makes me appreciate each vehicle more. Same thing with bikes.

Or maybe that's what I tell myself and others to justify having so many cars and bikes...

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    I loved the second gen mazda mx-6
    fixed that for you.

etc etc etc

When it comes to technology improvements that isn't what I had in mind when mentioning the purists of old. Technology improvements are what they are and should happen over time within the general framework of what a particular vehicle entered the market as.

There was no uproar about the relatively recent more retro styled Mustang when it came out because it stuck to the basic framework of the Mustang nameplate. Rear wheel drive, two door, sporty etc. There was some dissension about the appearance, however the basic vehicle architecture stuck to the historical game plan. Technology used in the recent Mustangs is far superior to their 60's counterparts and no one has an issue with that.

For an auto manufacturer to completely flip the script and take what was once known as a muscle car, or the beginning of the muscle car era, and turn that nameplate into an SUV/CUV/crossover/station wagon could be said to damage the lineage of that name plate.

Is GM going to come out with a 3/4 ton Corvette? Would Dodge rebrand their Grand Caravan as the Dart? There is some level of expectation from the consuming public that a nameplate carries with it certain characteristics.

No issue with Ford coming out with the electric vehicles, kind like the concept myself, however do some work and come up with a nameplate that fits the vehicle in the eyes of the consumer and run with it.

Wonder how people would feel if it was called the Model T? The Model T was the first mass produced automobile by FoMoCo right? This will be the first mass produced electric vehicle by FoMoCo correct? Could run with the change in technology aspect and market the hell out of that.

More random ramblings from a keyboard commando LOL

Last edited by tls25rs; 03-24-21 at 07:39 AM. Reason: spelling

C-Max

Is GM going to come out with a 3/4 ton Corvette?
    Hmm... I kind of like the idea!

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post
    Would be easy to unload anyway. Open the gate and punch it. Whatever was in the bed will be left standing on the ground.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Paul_E_D; 03-24-21 at 12:27 PM.
    Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post
    See that is a modern version of the El Camino that I could get on board with. Same general guidelines with significant performance increases.

Truly do wish one of the manufacturers would come out with something like an El Camino that was aesthetically pleasing and had some performance in mind. The closest thing I have seen lately is the Holden Monaro from Australia but the looks were slightly lacking there.

See that is a modern version of the El Camino that I could get on board with. Same general guidelines with significant performance increases.

Truly do wish one of the manufacturers would come out with something like an El Camino that was aesthetically pleasing and had some performance in mind. The closest thing I have seen lately is the Holden Monaro from Australia but the looks were slightly lacking there.
    While I agree with you (and so does Left Hand Utes USA) the reality is I think they're too small for American buyers. A new Ranger would dwarf them, yet alone a full-sized truck.

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Hypertarded

Is GM going to come out with a 3/4 ton Corvette?

I don't want to go all OT here, but there has been talk at GM about spinning off the Corvette "BRAND" to take advantage of the name recognition and offering a sporty SUV, a 4 door and potentially a front engine rear drive model to placate the die hard Vetteists who aren't thrilled with the mid engine C8.

I don't want to go all OT here, but there has been talk at GM about spinning off the Corvette "BRAND" to take advantage of the name recognition and offering a sporty SUV, a 4 door and potentially a front engine rear drive model to placate the die hard Vetteists who aren't thrilled with the mid engine C8.
    Never gonna happen. Although I *DO* see an AWD version coming in the next say, 5 years.

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Hypertarded

That's what they said about Porsche & SUVs circa 2000 as well....

As far as the AWD, they will need the traction to get the 0-60 times down...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast