Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Free Agency Already...

Free Agency Already...

Kapler's the first to file. Here we go already. Honestly, we can do without him. Big heart, great outfield arm, great team guy. But he'll be 35 years old before he finally finds his swing. Too streaky and usually on the weaker side of things...

But come on, now! Don't tell me he thinks he's gonna get the big paycheck simply because he was in the World Series, I hope...

Gonna be an interesting off-season. Gotta start planning for next year...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Free Agency Already...

Originally posted by The KING
    hey Jay, you post on any Red Sox message boards? Seems like you'd really be in heaven (or hell) within one....
    Heh, heh...I actually LURK on a bunch of team's message boards. More so just to see what they're saying. I don't wanna get involved. Too many trolls and such to actually enjoy most of 'em...

Free Agency Already...

They picked up Meuler's (Miller) option

That is what I heard on EEI.

G-man

Gerard

Re: Free Agency Already...

Originally posted by Stoneman
    Kapler's the first to file. Here we go already. Honestly, we can do without him. Big heart, great outfield arm, great team guy. But he'll be 35 years old before he finally finds his swing. Too streaky and usually on the weaker side of things...

But come on, now! Don't tell me he thinks he's gonna get the big paycheck simply because he was in the World Series, I hope...

Gonna be an interesting off-season. Gotta start planning for next year...
    he is a 4th or 5th OF, he knows that. Alot of players decalre for FA on the first few days, it makes sense.

Re: Re: Free Agency Already...

Originally posted by katana0215
    he is a 4th or 5th OF, he knows that. Alot of players decalre for FA on the first few days, it makes sense.
    Uh, huh. Couldn't agree more. My question with him was I hope he doesn't think that being ON the World Series roster is gonna net him big bank...

I like Kapler. I feel he's a bit better than average fielding, and has a great arm (strong & accurate). It's his mediocre plate appearances that's keeping his demand low...

Someone with his power should be working HARD to develop his swing. In the meantime, he should be hitting for average 'til he finds his wheelhouse. It would make him a far better, rounded player...

I'd think he'd fit in good though on a 'rebuilding' type team...

Re: Re: Re: Free Agency Already...

Originally posted by Stoneman
    Uh, huh. Couldn't agree more. My question with him was I hope he doesn't think that being ON the World Series roster is gonna net him big bank...

I like Kapler. I feel he's a bit better than average fielding, and has a great arm (strong & accurate). It's his mediocre plate appearances that's keeping his demand low...

Someone with his power should be working HARD to develop his swing. In the meantime, he should be hitting for average 'til he finds his wheelhouse. It would make him a far better, rounded player...

I'd think he'd fit in good though on a 'rebuilding' type team...
    yeah thats what the Tigers thought, but they quickly gave up on him. He was the Minor League player of the year when he was in the Yankee organization, but he never panned out. But I agree that he needs to work on hitting for average a little more. It would be nice to see him go the other way every once and a while. I think he will be a 4th OF at best