Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

I need a fun summer car

Re: I need a fun summer car

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    Edit: before I jump to conclusions....

I don't get what a naturally aspirated Porsche has to do with Tesla's stock price? Are you sure you don't mean 993's being worth 70k?
    I'm going to keep this car until TESLA stock hits $560 and it is worth $70k

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

Lifer

I googled it and canít find anything backing up my claim. Guess who told me: a Subaru salesman. so you wouldnít bother with first or second generation CR-Vs and their awd system?

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    I donít believe that for one second.

Because 1.most of Subaruís AWD systems are very simple/rudimentary and B. the 4mstic drive system is extremely capable. I rode in a Mercedes 500 for part of a TON Winter Driving School, and it was every bit or more capable than the VTD drive system in our Subaru 3.0R.

The 4 cyl Automatic Subarus have a simple viscous coupling: they just work better than the pure crap in cute Utes like the CR-V or RAV4. Manual shift 4 naturally aspirated 4 cylinder Subarus have a simple clutch pack, as does the WRX.

The VTD drive system was a robust full-time AWD system, with a center planetary differential and 45/55 torque distribution. The STI adds Automatic or driver control to that system, plus mechanical front and rear differentials.

There were or are any number more sophisticated systems. But the US market demands luxury over performance, so you have situations like Acura, who put a planetary center differential in AWD RLís, then went to a simpler and less capable system in their SUVís. The CR-Vís system is so bad they got sued, the RAV4 system and some others shut off at 25-35 mph, etc.

Grand Cherokees have some extremely capable AWD systems. But they weigh 1,000 lbs more than an Outback 3.6R with the same size engine, so pretty pokey. I still canít find a detailed technical explanation of the system in our Tahoe with high/low transfer case: as far as I can tell the 1/2 ton GM system cannot lock the center differential.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    I googled it and can’t find anything backing up my claim. Guess who told me: a Subaru salesman. so you wouldn’t bother with first or second generation CR-Vs and their awd system?
    YMMV. There are tons of AWD comparisons on YouTube, both real world and tests. If the vehicles aren’t all wearing the same or similar tires that can really compromise the results.

RW Example. My best friend lived near Worcester and his wife is a home nurse. She drove an AWD CR-V with winter tires to home nursing appointments. She parked nose down on an icy slope, and had to be pulled out. The front wheels were on ice, and the system could not transfer enough torque to the rear wheels to back out. He drove an older BMW X3 at the time and was easily able to pull her up the same slope.

0 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

I need a fun summer car-whatsapp-image-2019-06-26-a

Oh yea I bought my 924 some new shoes

0 Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567