Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Garage Door Insulation Kits (?)

Garage Door Insulation Kits (?)

Came across one of those garage door insulation kits on Home Depot. Does anyone use them? Do they really make a differences? Some reviews report 10-15 difference after installing them but Iím find that hard to believe. They can be found for about $70 so the cost isnít crazy but if itís not going to do anything...
    Wanted to see if anyone has tried them here

0 Not allowed!

Re: Garage Door Insulation Kits (?)

I've literally had tabs open for this for a while meaning to get back to look into it further

I'll share what I have open

I still haven't committed to doing it, but will likely do so soon. I think applying them mid June is ideal

Garage door insulation kits? : HomeImprovement

Is it worth insulating my garage door if my garage has no heat source? : HomeImprovement

Easy/Cheap garage door insulation project - came out professional level I think. : HomeImprovement

Garage Door Insulation : DIY

I'm sure it will help slightly. Considering heat/cold leaks in perpetuity from an area leaking insulation it's a good idea to put one in regardless to a garage thats connected to a house.

0 Not allowed!

High maintenance priss

Re: Garage Door Insulation Kits (?)

I'd only look into it if your garage doors have zero/minimal insulation already. When I got new garage doors I was told spending lots of money for nominally higher R-values in the highest trim wasn't worth it. I would look at air leaks; make sure your door is pressed up against the seals and the bottom seal is good.

If you mean 10-15* warmer just from adding insulation to a garage door...i'd be very skeptical.

0 Not allowed!