Getting out of tickets?

Angry Getting out of tickets?

Any one know any way to get out of a ticket in NH?? Or of any websites about this. I just got nailed tonight, thought I might try to fight it.

0 Not allowed!
    '04 600RR

Mrs. Frankenstein

Getting out of tickets?

fight it fight it fight it!!!!!!!!!!!!

not that ive ever gotten pulled over before (pfff yeaaaaaaaaah rite) but i dont have any tickets on my record

0 Not allowed!

fight it

you can do it thers all kinds of shit 2 do first postpone it cop might not make the new date

0 Not allowed!

Getting out of tickets?

...at least in MA, the "if the cop doesn't show up you're off the hook" scenario doesn't work. The cop that wrote the ticket rarely shows up, but there's ALWAYS a cop from that dept. with court duty that day. He has a written statement from the writing officer, and you still have to plead your case.

I've done it and lost. I've appealed, and fucking lost again. BASTARDS! The worst part was....the ticket I was fighting was bogus! I stopped at a stop sign, let THREE cars pass, then pulled out and got back on the highway going the other way. A cop pulled me over, questioned me about 'suspicious behavior' and asked if we'd been drinking, smokin' pot (he asked that several times, and a lit bowl was in my cousin's shoe), and then told me I blew the stop sign and did 80+ when I got on the highway. Cruise control at 72, asshole!

I even told them I could get FOUR witnesses to come in and back up the fact that I stopped. They said "we're not interested....we find you responsible, payment due in 30 days".

FUCK YOU MASSACHUSETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Not allowed!
    -Josh || Forum Rules || Stop. Think. Post.

"I brap with a clear conscience." - nhbubba

Mrs. Frankenstein

Getting out of tickets?

nope nope not true - its just as josh said - cop doesnt have to appear just someone representing him and he states what that cop would have said...
    i went before a judge in quincy and didnt have to say a word... walked up to the bench and walked away - told me i wasnt going that much over the speed limit and to have a nice day.
    funny thing is the statie had already dropped my speed on the ticket by 10
    gone before two magistrates and pleaded my case both times - walked away from both

0 Not allowed!

Getting out of tickets?

The only ticket I ever beat....got written up for 40 in a 30 when I was really doing 49 in a 30. I listened to the cop (chief of police, as it were) say their side, and then I started off with "well I wasn't doing 40 like I was written up for, I was doing 49...."

Yup, the cop and the magistrate looked at eachother when I was done talking and said "hard to argue with that!" and dismissed the ticket.

Sometimes honesty pays off.

0 Not allowed!

Try This

www.motorists.org/ The NMA has a lot of tactics. Basically, the more info you can present, the better. The Magistrate is a judge wannabe, so they usually are ignorant of the law and don't have the authority to find you "not responsible." The last 2 I went to, I didn't even say a word - just said I was there to fill the square and get a date for the judge. At the very least, you can cost the state more than they get from the ticket. A Pyrrhic victory at best...

0 Not allowed!

Getting out of tickets?

The only ticket I ever beat....got written up for 40 in a 30 when I was really doing 49 in a 30. I listened to the cop (chief of police, as it were) say their side, and then I started off with "well I wasn't doing 40 like I was written up for, I was doing 49...."
    I thought about doing this too. I was radared at 58 going through a 35mph intersection. I wasn't sure what would happeif I tried it though, figured it would backfire and my fine would go up!
    This happened in NH too. So if any NHer's have any input I would love to hear it. Thanks to everyone else who responded.
    Steve

0 Not allowed!
    '04 600RR

Getting out of tickets?

Originally posted by snaggle
    I thought about doing this too. I was radared at 58 going through a 35mph intersection. I wasn't sure what would happeif I tried it though, figured it would backfire and my fine would go up!
    This happened in NH too. So if any NHer's have any input I would love to hear it. Thanks to everyone else who responded.
    Steve
    Well there's more to it than just being honest...my intent in admitting further guilt was also to show my lack of intent to break the law. I stated some facts regarding the situation...

1. I was going faster than I was written up for.

2. It was down a hill, in an automatic vehicle, talking to my 50 year old cousin on the way back from computer class...I wasn't fucking off with my punk friends.

3. As soon as I realized my speed, I slowed, but had already been clocked by the approaching officer.

4. I was speeding for less than 1/8 of a mile.

5. I have a clean record in my town (where I got the ticket), which further shows that I'm not a habitual asshole behind the wheel.

Those facts basically showed my lack of intent to break the law, and they LOVED IT! They were all happy and smiling when they told me the ticket was dismissed. It was like it made their day as much as it made mine to have someone come in and make a solid case rather than trying to bullshit them.

Keep that strategy in mind. I've never fought a NH ticket....but if you can make them think what you did wasn't really so bad...they might let ya off.

0 Not allowed!

Getting out of tickets?

When fighting a ticket in MA you first go before a Clerk Magistrate, and a representative of the officer that issued the citation. Usually the magistrate knocks the fine down if the offense is not severe.

If you appeal the magistrate's decision you then are given another court appearance date where you go before a judge, and the issuing officer must be present. No officer, you walk. Dismissed. No finding. No $$$.

And there's no burden of "proof beyond a reasonable doubt" shit in traffic court- only "compelling evidence" is required for a finding. Also be aware that if the fine is reduced by the magistrate and you appeal, the judge can reinstate the full amount of the original fine.

0 Not allowed!

Getting out of tickets?

Last I knew in NH, the officer that wrote the ticket hasta appear. HE is the state's only witness. If he doesn't show, it's your word against NO ONE'S! I have gotten two tickets dismissed 'cuz the cops didn't show for the hearing. I told my side of the story, and that was that. There was no one to tell his side of the story. No ticket!

BTW-Both times, I sent in the ticket with a request to appear. And both times I told 'em I couldn't make the original dates they gave me and needed 'em postponed. Both times they obliged and both times I beat 'em 'cuz the officers didn't show...

Granted, this was quite a while ago. But as far as I know, in NH it still works the same way...

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

shit & you guys hate ct cop gota b there

or you walk . as in nh p.s. they got 2 give you a lest 1 postponedment

0 Not allowed!

Getting out of tickets?

Sooner or later, ANYWHERE in the United States, the Ticketing Officer has to show up in court, it may not be at the first level in some states (states have some lattitude in how their court & appeal process goes) But it is Blatently unconstitutional to be denied the right to cross examine your accuser, you can't cross examine a statement. But, if your doin your own lawyerin, YOU have to request a dismissal, they sure as hell aint goin to do it for you

So far, my record is pretty good, I have beet 2 tickets at the appeal process, one the leo didn't show up, the other, I almost beat cause the ticketing officer stopped me out of his jurisdiction (we were over the town line by a quarter mile, but the officer was also listed as a special officer in the town the ticket was in) BUT, I beat it anyway, with some maps, measurements etc, I proved the the LEO exadurated so much it was silly (his cruiser would have has to go 0-180 in a quarter mile on a twisty road then slow down long enuf to clock me (he didn't have radar) at 60mph in a 30 (I was in a 76 chevy LUV truck) all in a distance of a half mile.
    I was prolly doing 40-45, but it did not admit it in court or in front of the officer, if you do, it will be used as evidence against you, in fact, the LEO when testifiyin against you will twist anything you say and use it against you. tickets usually are only violations and not criminal offences so they do not have to Miranda warn you ,
    And Cooperating with an officer is only helping HIM with evidence to procecute you. And certainly never take legal advice from a LEO

I have also beat a couple tickets at the district court level, once cause the speed limit was not posted (sign was knocked down)
    and once on a dismissal I requested cause I was denied my 6th amendment rights to a speedy trial, they were building a new courthouse, moving etc, they postponed a red light violation for 18 months.

I am not a lawyer in any way and do not misconstrue anything I have said as legal advice

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

I Dance With Will

Getting out of tickets?

Originally posted by ChR1s
    When fighting a ticket in MA you first go before a Clerk Magistrate, and a representative of the officer that issued the citation. Usually the magistrate knocks the fine down if the offense is not severe.

If you appeal the magistrate's decision you then are given another court appearance date where you go before a judge, and the issuing officer must be present. No officer, you walk. Dismissed. No finding. No $$$.

And there's no burden of "proof beyond a reasonable doubt" shit in traffic court- only "compelling evidence" is required for a finding. Also be aware that if the fine is reduced by the magistrate and you appeal, the judge can reinstate the full amount of the original fine.
    This is pretty accurate because I've gone throu this last year and got no LEO(another new term) no pay.

0 Not allowed!
    "fuckit!"

Getting out of tickets?

Originally posted by ChR1s

Just wondering, ChR1s, how did things go in that stupit B-Boro court case? Since I wuz there when the citation wuz issued, I know what a crock of shit that whole sordid affair was. Howdja make out?

0 Not allowed!
    2011 Triumph Tiger 800 ABS, Crystal White

Getting out of tickets?

Originally posted by SprintPoser
    Just wondering, ChR1s, how did things go in that stupit B-Boro court case? Since I wuz there when the citation wuz issued, I know what a crock of shit that whole sordid affair was. Howdja make out?
    See above scenario. It took two trips to thAyer, but we walked. For me, it was the first time in over a conservative dozen times in court that an officer has failed to show. And I think it was the first time I've ever gotten out of court before 10:30am.

0 Not allowed!
    A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Getting out of tickets?

In NH, the officer that issued the ticket must show or you will win by default. If an assistant DA or LEO approaches you before you appear before the judge and tries to bargain with you, it is a good indication that they have no witness. I've won 5 out 7 times and fight all my tickets. Got a date on Thursday 12-12 in Exeter District court for a 48 in a 25 ticket. Cop forgot to fill out the "Pavement, Traffic and Weather" section at the bottom of the ticket and I intend to get him to admit to being forgetful when he wrote me up. Should be an easy win but Judge Reardon can be kind of mean.

0 Not allowed!