Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Grand Tour

Re: The Grand Tour

They VERY recently dropped the price on all the original UK Top Gear seasons on Prime Video. For awhile they ranged from $5-20 depending on the number of episodes, quality of video, etc. and I would buy them sparingly on a whim. Now they are all $5, so I bought all that they had available (I think like season 6 on-wards).

I think they were pricing them higher to try to push the Motor Trend subscription before the holidays.

I though Seamen was pretty good and better than most of the Grand Tour, but it is impossible to beat the original stuff. The first 10 minutes of the original Africa special, where they just rag on the station wagons each other picked, is so damn genuine. The longer it went, the more scripted it got (or at least appeared), even in the original series.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 01-02-20 at 04:48 PM.
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.
    Former LRRS EX #978
    Tony's Track Days

Awesome. Thanks. Just bought a bunch of seasons.

0 Not allowed!

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    These madmen are a big hit on NASIOC and some other car forums. Because who wouldn’t want to transplant an AWD system and turbo four into an Issigonis Mini? 28 episodes, they’re almost done.

Very cool. The craftsmanship is impressive, especially when you consider the basic tools he is using. I love the tremendous forethought AND the willingness to accept that parts of the design are flawed and change them. I could use less contrived "humor".

1 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12