Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Grocery Store Thread

Re: Grocery Store Thread

Market Basket Leominster by the mall was fully stocked as far as I could tell earlier this week. So is Donelan's Littleton.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
    First you screw, then you bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by golden chicken View Post
    Market Basket Leominster by the mall was fully stocked as far as I could tell earlier this week. So is Donelan's Littleton.
    I’d say 80% and more of grocery stores in central MA are fully stocked of everything and have limitations in some items.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Oh, I could do it.

I'll be heading back to the store next week. We'll see how my local Market Basket is. Fresh produce/dairy/meat was all fully stocked last week (minus BURGER MEAT for some strange reason).
    Iím not a fan of market basket meats. We do a lot of shopping there but I recently discovered Trader Joeís lol.
    For meats I try to shop from a butcher usually but hours are limited.

Quote Originally Posted by golden chicken View Post
    Agreed, except the only place I could find yeast was Shop and Save in Ayer.

DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by oVTo View Post
    Seems a lot of people rediscovered how to cook after the run on frozen food.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Found it at Walmart before we went to MB

What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
    First you screw, then you bolt.

Lifer

I’m still not seeing bath tissue anywhere. Good think I snagged that extra 20pk when I did...

Local store in RI (Daveís) was well stocked this morning.

Iím not really afraid of running out of meats, plenty of it roaming the property.

Grocery Store Thread-efe8a710-812a-44d1-adee-7ba3d8f4f0b3

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

A Big Powerful Sportbike

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    I’m still not seeing bath tissue anywhere. Good think I snagged that extra 20pk when I did...
    Luckily we have plenty, biggest issue was baby wipes so we all bought some for the younglings. Biggest thing for me has been working together, anyone goes out we check with the needs of friends and family and have been collectively sharing resources, time, money, babysitting just really decided it was the best way to keep us all good and importantly self sufficient as possible. I strongly believe people that are able need to be able and reserve dependancy for people that really need the services. Old women and children first if you will.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    [/IMG][/URL]

Went to Stop & Shop South Bay this morning. When I checked out gave the cashier and bagger five dollars each - and they refused it! After I suggested "Buy yourself a coffee" they reluctantly accepted it. Another group of unsung heroes.

Well stocked with everything but TP, household cleaners, and Tylenol.

Big Shirl just hit the Ghetto Basket in Hooksett, NH and said it was well packed, even with paper products. Although she said TP & paper towels were going fast.

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Yesterday I was able to witness toilet paper in the wild at the Hannafords across from BJs in Manchester. Pasta was still picked over but available. Rice had returned and just about everything else was back to normal supply levels.

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

Quote Originally Posted by ZX-12R View Post
    Yesterday I was able to witness toilet paper in the wild at the Hannafords across from BJs in Manchester. Pasta was still picked over but available. Rice had returned and just about everything else was back to normal supply levels.
    One thing I'm beginning to notice: although panic buying is starting to calm down, it still seems like people will see something low in stock at the grocery stores and automatically grab everything that's left. Doesn't seem to matter what it is. Almost like a mob mentality thing.

- Dish soap stock is down? Oh no! We gotta buy it by the case!
    - I just saw someone buy TWO rolls of aluminum foil. I better grab ten to be safe!

About the craziest thing I've noticed is that when the canned goods fly off the shelves, the no-salt-added stuff rarely gets touched. I've said it before: when the dust from all this settles, this country as a whole is going to have a massive blood-pressure problem on it's hands. Quite frankly, if I myself didn't stop eating that stuff, I'd be dead.

I've been amused by the pasta availability. Almost every store has had the same story. Everything cheap is picked over except for lasagna noodles. If the price has exceeded $2/lb, it is probably still on the shelf. If the producer used vegetable anything to change the color to something other than the normal light yellow, it's still on the shelf.

I've been amused by the pasta availability. Almost every store has had the same story. Everything cheap is picked over except for lasagna noodles.
    Which actually worked out great for us. About the only thing Big Shirl can cook is lasagna, which is funny for someone that can't cook (ask Mark about her maple bacon!). She made a HUGE batch of lasagna just last night. We'll be feeding on half of it for the rest of the week, the other half is going in the freezer.

Lifer

I've been amused by the pasta availability. Almost every store has had the same story. Everything cheap is picked over except for lasagna noodles. If the price has exceeded $2/lb, it is probably still on the shelf. If the producer used vegetable anything to change the color to something other than the normal light yellow, it's still on the shelf.
    I love tri color

Ie cream inventory surprised me. About the only stuff left was Rum Raisin. Not surprised there was plenty of that left, just surprised most everything else was gone.

DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

Ie cream inventory surprised me. About the only stuff left was Rum Raisin. Not surprised there was plenty of that left, just surprised most everything else was gone.
    Odd. The few times I've had to go in, ice cream was a plenty. Location, location, location I guess.

I was bemused to see the only bread left were 2 cinnamon raisin English muffin sleeves, only cereal fully stocked was extra raisin raisin bran, peanuts all gone but raisins there. I like raisins, I had no idea they were such a culinary pariah.

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Iíve seen similar here, the cheaper stuff is decimated. The only bread available is specialty stuff and expensive brands like Crazy Daveís or whateverthefuckitscalled, which is fine by me because that shitís delicious.

Eventually these hoarder types will run out of funds, at which point they can feast on sanitizer and toilet paper sandwiches, fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    Iíve seen similar here, the cheaper stuff is decimated.
    All the shitty, super inexpensive frozen pizzas are picked clean. Anything worth eating was still readily available.

Our bread supply stabilized about 4 days ago. At it's worst, the pricier brands were still available and there were plenty of options in the store's bakery for surprisingly short money.

In case you can't tell. I'm the food shopper of the house. I actually enjoy it.

Lifer

Frozen pizza tweak: half way through cooking, add some extra shredded cheese, oregano and maybe some salt/pepper/garlic depending on preferences.

Still isn't great. But it usually makes quite a difference.

nedirtriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    I have a seasonal job at a golf course been told they are going to try a run the place with the four full time guys until the state lifts the ban. Going to try and file on Monday cause with all the people filing they now give you time slots to file on line based on the first letter of your last name!

Edit: maybe we should start a new thread for this?
    Yup. I may clean this thread up a bit.

Stores in MA are required to have "seniors only" hours, and they are scheduled early, so I get to shop in pretty much fully stocked stores. I like Trader Joe's, but it's a small store here in town, and some aisles can get crowed with all those old people dithering, so I skip some things on the list and get out fast. Last week they had a sign in the paper goods aisle that if you wanted toilet paper, ask for one at checkout, I did, and instead of one role, they brought out one 12-pack. Win!

Wearing gloves and glasses, and next time out adding a face mask. I'm old.

Last edited by whynot; 04-01-20 at 03:53 PM.
    Don't believe everything you think.