Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Grocery Store Thread

Re: Grocery Store Thread

Today marks the first time I ever waited in line to enter a grocery store. The store had ample supply of most everything except eggs and and there were still some holes /limited stock in the freezer aisle. I forgot to check if they had TP or not.

Market Basket Lawrence/North Andover line on 114.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

They finally had the good organic sugar free bacon yesterday. My life is now complete.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Today marks the first time I ever waited in line to enter a grocery store. The store had ample supply of most everything except eggs and and there were still some holes /limited stock in the freezer aisle. I forgot to check if they had TP or not.

Market Basket Lawrence/North Andover line on 114.
    Same here. Went yesterday. Line was only long enough for time to get my earbuds in for music.

Inside things were tense. Still a lot of people in there. Some people were clueless about social distancing. Others were understandably aggravated by it.

And once again, COUPLES EVERYWHERE. Like, don't both of you go! Jesus fuck people. Just send one person. Especially if you are both old as hell.

Most things were there. I even got a pack of TP.

Eggs are almost 4x their normal price, but there were plenty.

I shopped for our house, my folks, and my elderly neighbors, one of which has a compromised immune system.

Spaghetti sauce was still pretty scant, but they had imposed restrictions on quantity of cheap pasta. Plenty to be had. Beans and rice were replenished. Produce section was great. Frozen veggies were replenished.

The food people were buying was shocking. Frozen pre-made meals, gone. Hamburger helper, gone. Basically anything that requires zero cooking abilities, gone. Do people really eat out that much normally? Fuck.... no wonder we're so fat and unhealthy as a country.

Market Basket, Rindge, NH

Last edited by TheIglu; 04-03-20 at 03:29 PM.
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

My wait was about 5 minutes and the parking lot was fuller them normal. Pretty high volume store in a densely populated area though.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Went to the Hannaford's in Ossipee today. trying to do one trip for two weeks of meals. Wife and I wore masks, find it faster with the two of us shopping.
    Wearing masks felt weird but safe at the same time got a few looks but hey it helps me helping you! Store was not overly crowded went around 10am. Deli was closed but they had pre packaged cold cuts and cheese. No paper products at all! Otherwise we found everything we needed. Not sure why the staff doesn't ware masks but they where friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    . Not sure why the staff doesn't ware masks but they where friendly.
    Because in NH it hasn't hit hard yet and a lot of places are business as usual.

I've been commuting from northern MA to Concord, NH and the different vibe between MA, Manchester and Concord is palpable. I'm sure that continues the more rural you get as well.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Danvers, MA Market Basket today at 10:00:

* Limited to 50 shoppers at any one time. About 1 shopper per minute got into the store. (I was 50th in line and got in after 51 minutes.)
    * Well stocked with everything but TP.

Go fast. Have fun. Repeat.

This morning I tried the Stop & Shop here in town, early "senior" hours are 6-7:30, I got there around 6:15, but closer to 7 might have been better. Found what I wanted, most everything was stocked, not 100% everywhere, but quite good. Check out stations have a big plexi shield in front of each clerk (associate, I guess). I don't usually go there, it's a pretty big store, so I spent like 3x the time I usually do shopping. Not too crowded, and most people were wearing masks and keeping distance. A few couples really clogged up the aisles. The store has signs and PA asking for just one family member at a time. So I think I'll stick with the smaller places, in and out quicker means less potential exposure, the way I see it.

Last edited by whynot; 04-03-20 at 04:34 PM.
    Don't believe everything you think.

find it faster with the two of us shopping.
    that's what Anne & I do, we each grab a shopping cart and go

- - - Updated - - -

find it faster with the two of us shopping.

we're in the store for less time

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

FWIW was at Homed Depot South Bay Plaza today and they had plenty of disposable gloves.

Id love a 12 pack of tp

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    Id love a 12 pack of tp
    According to somebody in the industry, home demand is way up, work and school demand way down. Therefor janitorial supply outfits have it coming out their ears, though it’s not necessarily packaged for consumers. So, if you want a roll the size of a spare tire, look up janitorial supplies!

Hypertarded

Not sure if you guys saw the info/announcement/request to put off shopping till the 4th if possible, but you were probably seeing lines today as it was the SNAP/welfare/SS people shopping the beginning of the month after receiving their payments

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
    Not sure if you guys saw the info/announcement/request to put off shopping till the 4th if possible, but you were probably seeing lines today as it was the SNAP/welfare/SS people shopping the beginning of the month after receiving their payments

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post

- - - Updated - - -

we're in the store for less time
    Thought you were all set, now you're double shopping. How much do you really need. You are after all self sufficient.

- - - Updated - - -

Always sray away from welfare day!

[/IMG][/URL]

Not sure if you guys saw the info/announcement/request to put off shopping till the 4th if possible, but you were probably seeing lines today as it was the SNAP/welfare/SS people shopping the beginning of the month after receiving their payments.
    People keep saying this but it's not true.

Benefit payments are spread out , depending on state or agency.

Etc.

Last edited by Garandman; 04-04-20 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    Thought you were all set, now you're double shopping. How much do you really need. You are after all self sufficient.

- - - Updated - - -

Always sray away from welfare day!
    perishables, we spend our time at the perimeter of the store and rarely go down the center aisle, 20 minutes in the store, we're done. Not exposing us for the hour it would take for one of us..... one or 2 we are both exposed

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Lee NH, 7:15-ish this morning. Metering people in/out. Line formed about 1 min before I got to the door. I was 4th or 5th in line. Waited about a minute or two. Started metering checkout while I was there. They formed a line. By the time I had everything the line wrapped half way around the store. Was a solid 30 minutes to get checked out.

Just bizarre. Unlike anything I have experienced before.

Store was well stocked. I wasn't there for meats and did not notice. Paper products back to about 30%. Rice and flour still not stocked at all.
    Eggs were 2-3x normal price... except for the insane organic "gently petted to death" eggs my wife makes us buy. Those were well stocked and regular price.

This time most customers were covering their faces. Most had masks on. Most older folks didn't seem to know how to wear the mask correctly and I wonder how useful it would be. Very few of the staff was wearing masks. Turns out I had a "N95" rated mask in my wood shop. It's well used but better than nothing, so I wore it. After 40+ minutes in the mask I understand why staff wasn't wearing them. Annoying as hell. Nice reminder not to touch the face though.

Most people seemed to get it. One woman parked her ass in front of the cheese I needed and didn't seem to get the hint.

Just bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post

The food people were buying was shocking. Frozen pre-made meals, gone. Hamburger helper, gone. Basically anything that requires zero cooking abilities, gone. Do people really eat out that much normally? Fuck.... no wonder we're so fat and unhealthy as a country.

Market Basket, Rindge, NH

Yes... almost everyone goes out to eat, gets delivery or take out for the majority of their meals. I don’t get it either... we cook and eat at home for almost every meal. We go out 1 or 2 times on a weekend to meet with friends.

I don’t know how people can even afford to eat like that, let alone the health aspect. One dinner out with a couple of drinks is 2/3s a weeks grocery bill.

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916

Quote Originally Posted by LuvDog View Post

I don’t know how people can even afford to eat like that, let alone the health aspect. One dinner out with a couple of drinks is 2/3s a weeks grocery bill.
    Credit cards.......and more and more younger people lack the patience or skill set to cook. A higher percentage of them grew up on takeout so it's normal for them to go out all the time so they don't realize how much cheaper cooking for themselves is.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by LuvDog View Post
    Yes... almost everyone goes out to eat, gets delivery or take out for the majority of their meals. I don’t get it either... we cook and eat at home for almost every meal. We go out 1 or 2 times on a weekend to meet with friends.

we cut going out to once a week at $75 dollars an average night out, I don't see how you can do it anymore? Burgers are now $12 $15 bucks and draft beer over $6 and then add 20% tip! Even trying to do it cheaply is expensive!

Last edited by MUZ720; 04-04-20 at 10:19 AM.

Went to the Hannaford's in Ossipee today. trying to do one trip for two weeks of meals. Wife and I wore masks, find it faster with the two of us shopping.
    Wearing masks felt weird but safe at the same time got a few looks but hey it helps me helping you! Store was not overly crowded went around 10am. Deli was closed but they had pre packaged cold cuts and cheese. No paper products at all! Otherwise we found everything we needed. Not sure why the staff doesn't ware masks but they where friendly.
    Have you been to Alton Hannafords ? I always debate, North Main store in Rochester is exact same distance as the Alton store, and the Milton Road store in Rochester is only a half mile more

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    Have you been to Alton Hannafords ? I always debate, North Main store in Rochester is exact same distance as the Alton store, and the Milton Road store in Rochester is only a half mile more
    Yes I have we switch things up? They are both 20 mins form my house, so its more about what roads to take then what store. Funny how ones right handed the other is left handed.

Last edited by MUZ720; 04-04-20 at 01:34 PM.

Yes I have we switch things up? They are both 20 mins form my house, so its more about what roads to take then what store. Funny how ones right handed the other is left handed.
    just saw a report on the Barnstead page that Alton Hannafords checkout line went all the way to the back of the store and then some, at one point this morning

RandyO
    IBA#9560

MB Warehouse has slowed down After a huge , busy as f&$* month.
    Im doing all incoming produce but Iím not an inspector so donít come at me if Avocados arenít ripe yet .lol

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!