Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 205

Grocery Store Thread

  1. #76
    Super Moderator TheIglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Royalston, MA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    20,272

    Re: Grocery Store Thread


    Thanks for what you do. The people like me at the end appreciate MB.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

  2. #77
    Lifer Garandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dorchester, MA / Mt Sunapee, NH
    Posts
    10,848

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    Wife went to grocery store today. No line! All fresh meat and produce available, frozen pizza and other junk sold out.....

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #78
    Lifer jasnmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chichester, NH
    Posts
    4,319

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    Location matters. (Don't get me wrong, I don't care where you are, but if you are reporting on the availability of things in places, please provide places)

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #79
    Burns retinas nhbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seacoast NH
    Posts
    16,858

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    Of course it does, clearly.

    I've enjoyed sharing my experiences here in this absurdly wild times. Never in my life have I seen anything like this. The first couple days I thought were like the typical "nor'easter's a comin'" Thursdays or Fridays like I experienced working at a grocery store as a kid. That it has kept up and now includes the strict social distancing lines thing is just insane. Just. Insane.

    It's nice to hear i'm not alone. Except Randy apparently. He's largely unaffected.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #80
    Burns retinas nhbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seacoast NH
    Posts
    16,858

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zxme View Post
    MB Warehouse has slowed down After a huge , busy as f&$* month.
    Im doing all incoming produce but I’m not an inspector so don’t come at me if Avocados aren’t ripe yet .lol
    Burn him!

    Seriously. It must be a next level trip working in the grocery business right now, I can only imagine.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #81
    Lifer oVTo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    North of Boston
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,267

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    Interesting article on the great toilet paper shortage. That's eight words I never thought I'd put in a sentence.

    It basically says we have the hoarding thing all wrong, or at least mostly. There are two totally separate supply chains for TP, commercial and consumer, and that explains most of the shortage.

    Commercial and consumer TP have different customers (contract, sales relationships, etc.), product, packaging, distribution, and they are even frequently made in different factories. Household pooping is up 40%, and commercial (work, restaurants, etc.) use is nearly non-existent. It makes sense, but not something I'd considered before.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

  7. #82
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,125,060

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by oVTo View Post
    Interesting article on the great toilet paper shortage. That's eight words I never thought I'd put in a sentence.

    It basically says we have the hoarding thing all wrong, or at least mostly. There are two totally separate supply chains for TP, commercial and consumer, and that explains most of the shortage.

    Commercial and consumer TP have different customers (contract, sales relationships, etc.), product, packaging, distribution, and they are even frequently made in different factories. Household pooping is up 40%, and commercial (work, restaurants, etc.) use is nearly non-existent. It makes sense, but not something I'd considered before.
    I heard the same over the weekend. Typical home-type consumer production isn't down at all, even ramped up for many companies. Meanwhile commercial products are sitting in warehouses untouched.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  8. #83
    BMW track whore e30addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I93/495
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,536

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    The different ripple effects this whole deal is going to have throughout the economy is going to be pretty enlightening into how we really function as a society.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

  9. #84
    Hypertarded
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    I absolutely prefer the Ripple TP, just a bit softer on my bottom

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #85
    Lifer Garandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dorchester, MA / Mt Sunapee, NH
    Posts
    10,848

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    Went to Costco Nashua NH Monday morning: it’s 4 miles from PolymerSource where we pick up the medical face shields.

    Walked right in: even with their social distancing measures in place there was no line. No TP but plenty of paper towels and Kleenex (which works fine as a TP substitute if the need arises). Everything else was ample.

    Went to Trader Joe’s in Lynnfield (Route 1 N) yesterday right after opening at 9am. Sixth in line, not bad. We bought a lot of frozen dishes they have like bags of orange chicken. They seemed to be well-stocked.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #86
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Went to Costco Nashua NH Monday morning: it’s 4 miles from PolymerSource where we pick up the medical face shields.

    Walked right in: even with their social distancing measures in place there was no line. No TP but plenty of paper towels and Kleenex (which works fine as a TP substitute if the need arises). Everything else was ample.

    Went to Trader Joe’s in Lynnfield (Route 1 N) yesterday right after opening at 9am. Sixth in line, not bad. We bought a lot of frozen dishes they have like bags of orange chicken. They seemed to be well-stocked.
    I suspect they have the TP out back and you have to ask. Probably cancels the issue of people loading up a carriage and realizing at check out there’s a limit, as there are limits most places I’ve been.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #87
    Lifer G21forme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lakes
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,555

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    I suspect they have the TP out back and you have to ask. Probably cancels the issue of people loading up a carriage and realizing at check out there’s a limit, as there are limits most places I’ve been.
    Love how there are so many stores full of napkins and no pt/pt, Darwin....

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    [/IMG][/URL]

  13. #88
    Super Moderator TheIglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Royalston, MA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    20,272

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    CDC: Stay at home, do as few trips to the store as possible.

    This thread is a good indication that people do not follow direction well.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

  14. #89

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    I that vain my neighbor is all over facebook about how she's a immune compromised and people need to stay indoors and behave with social D . Yet she lets her kids go play with friends at there houses!! I mean really!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #90
    BMW track whore e30addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I93/495
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,536

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    I that vain my neighbor is all over facebook about how she's a immune compromised and people need to stay indoors and behave with social D . Yet she lets her kids go play with friends at there houses!! I mean really!
    You can't fix stupid, but it can be killed.....

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

  16. #91

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    CDC: Stay at home, do as few trips to the store as possible.

    This thread is a good indication that people do not follow direction well.
    Members here cannot catch nor spread the virus.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  17. #92
    Lifer Garandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dorchester, MA / Mt Sunapee, NH
    Posts
    10,848

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    CDC: Stay at home, do as few trips to the store as possible.

    This thread is a good indication that people do not follow direction well.
    Because we want to go sailboat cruising, this was an opportunity to enforce the planning discipline required. Put a list on the fridge, and told the kids, "We are making one trip to the grocery store per week." Got their list and made a big purchase at Costco on a Friday.

    That lasted two days - until my wife got bored and decided to meet her friend at the grocery store....Her friend brought her two daughters.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Garandman; 04-08-20 at 11:02 AM.

  18. #93
    BMW track whore e30addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I93/495
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,536

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post

    That lasted two days
    I was gonna try once per week as well, especially since waiting in line is now a thing. I ate all my snacky stuff in two days as well

    I've found if I double whatever is on the list my parents send me it cuts down on trips too. Apparently they're just as bad as I am!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

  19. #94
    BMW track whore e30addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I93/495
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,536

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    Shopping IKEA style is a great idea.

    https://www.wcvb.com/article/stop-an...setts/32074333

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

  20. #95

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    You can't fix stupid, but it can be killed.....
    Gives a whole new meaning to the "live free or die" state !

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  21. #96
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bristol County
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,201

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    CDC: Stay at home, do as few trips to the store as possible.

    This thread is a good indication that people do not follow direction well.
    I'm at 2 weeks today. Where do I file to claim my prize?

    Probably heading there tomorrow though. I could go a little longer, but figuring it probably isn't the best idea to wait till the last possible moment.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    nedirtriders.com

  22. #97
    Your Father csmutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,840

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    I'm doing every week. That's about as long as I can squeeze out of fresh produce.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

  23. #98
    Burns retinas nhbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seacoast NH
    Posts
    16,858

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    Kids eat milk, yogurt and bananas faster than cows or the whole of Central America can make 'em.
    I used to pop a fuse every time I found a half eaten squeezy pack sitting on the counter because "do you have any idea what these things cost?!" Now I pop the fuse because it means another trip to the store.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  24. #99
    Lifer Garandman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dorchester, MA / Mt Sunapee, NH
    Posts
    10,848

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Kids eat milk, yogurt and bananas faster than cows or the whole of Central America can make 'em.
    I used to pop a fuse every time I found a half eaten squeezy pack sitting on the counter because "do you have any idea what these things cost?!" Now I pop the fuse because it means another trip to the store.
    In other words, you've become your father?

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  25. #100
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    67
    Posts
    13,848

    Re: Grocery Store Thread

    I went to Hannafords (N.Main Rochester) primarily to get fresh meat and some salad veggies. When I shop for meat, I don't look at price, or for any specific cut. I look for last sale date/freeze by. Usually, I find cuts that are dated at least a week out, but lately, only tomorrow, or the next day, meaning I gotta freeze it, only to thaw it out in a few days

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •