Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Grocery Store Thread

Re: Grocery Store Thread

I met Karen a Market Basket in concord this morning. No mask and handling/inspecting every fucking head of cauliflower on the cart. She even had the haircut.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Finally manned up and hit one of the local Wally World's this weekend. Separate entrance & exit procedures was about all that was marked. No arrows on the floor and the only distance marks were by the registers. Things are a bit different in central NH (we went to the Concord, NH store). Very few people wearing masks, but mandatory on employees. Oddly, they had a handful of LEO's walking around too. I TRY to keep my distance, but very few others seemed to give a shit.

Judging by what we've seen at department-type stores, people are a strange bunch. Very little TP available when we were there, almost no socks of any kind, TV stands were non-existent, and bicycles & bicycle parts were entirely wiped out. We weren't shopping for any of the mentioned, just things we noticed. The grocery section seemed well stocked, but I'd NEVER buy groceries at any of our local Wally's. Overpriced garbage.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Recently went to the Rochester, NH Ghetto Basket to gear up for the glamping trip we're currently on. Everything seemed pretty well stocked and prices seemed to be settling down to the more normal range, but they were still limiting purchases of meat, pasta, TP, etc. Very few people wearing masks and the floors were still marked with directional arrows, although a decent chunk of people weren't really playing along.

Besides our normal bounty of groceries that we get every 2-3 weeks, we stocked up a little extra for the glamping trip. We only got one snide remark from an obviously underprivileged mother & (I assume) son (who looked to be in his 30's and still obviously lives with his mom) while we were loading the groceries in Big Shirl's car. They said something about hoarding being over. I abruptly turned around and asked him if he had "a fuckin' problem with our groceries?", to which he simply replied, "nope" and continued walking away with momz.

Quote Originally Posted by bassomatic View Post
    I met Karen a Market Basket in concord this morning. No mask and handling/inspecting every fucking head of cauliflower on the cart. She even had the haircut.
    Wait till corn season and they open every ear. And they are all the same inside. No pearls...... Vegetable stands where you tell them at the counter what you want is best.

To anger a conservative tell him a lie. To anger a leftist tell him the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctous View Post
    Wait till corn season and they open every ear. And they are all the same inside. No pearls...... Vegetable stands where you tell them at the counter what you want is best.
    I always thump watermelons till I find one that echos

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Avocados sucked again today

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Recently went to the Rochester, NH Ghetto Basket to gear up for the glamping trip we're currently on. Everything seemed pretty well stocked and prices seemed to be settling down to the more normal range, but they were still limiting purchases of meat, pasta, TP, etc. Very few people wearing masks and the floors were still marked with directional arrows, although a decent chunk of people weren't really playing along.

Besides our normal bounty of groceries that we get every 2-3 weeks, we stocked up a little extra for the glamping trip. We only got one snide remark from an obviously underprivileged mother & (I assume) son (who looked to be in his 30's and still obviously lives with his mom) while we were loading the groceries in Big Shirl's car. They said something about hoarding being over. I abruptly turned around and asked him if he had "a fuckin' problem with our groceries?", to which he simply replied, "nope" and continued walking away with momz.
    Made our kind-of-bi-weekly trip to the Ghetto in Rochester, NH last night. Supply seems to have caught up for the most part. There's still signs limiting purchases on certain products, but it didn't really seem anyone was paying attention. Not that people were hording or anything, but even we grabbed more pasta than was "allowed" and nothing was said (we're going to a cookout this weekend and were voluntold to bring a couple pasta salads).

Meat & chicken prices are out of control! Produce prices seemed fairly normal although I noticed a few items were bit more than usual. I didn't really pay attention to the dairy prices though. I didn't start paying attention until after that section.

Masks, besides employees were few & far between. Floors are still marked and signs are hanging for direction. Most people were following along with that. There was a few people that weren't following the directional arrows and were itching to get into it with someone. It was pretty obvious 'cause they made sure anybody else in that isle knew they didn't give a shit. I went so far as to give Cheryl a heads-up that if one of those fuckers got in my face, no words were going to be spoken. THAT'S how fuckin' obnoxious they were - it had gotten me to that point.

Besides dipshits like that, it seems most shoppers are actually MORE courteous now.

do they have hot salsa ? Hannafords only has mild and medium, also limited on what they have in spicy dill spears.

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    do they have hot salsa ? Hannafords only has mild and medium, also limited on what they have in spicy dill spears.
    Ha! Cheryl actually got some Newman's Own hot salsa yesterday, so they did then. I absolutely can't stand store bought salsa, so I won't be able to tell you how hot it is.

Made our kind-of-bi-weekly trip to the Ghetto in Rochester, NH last night. Supply seems to have caught up for the most part. There's still signs limiting purchases on certain products, but it didn't really seem anyone was paying attention. Not that people were hording or anything, but even we grabbed more pasta than was "allowed" and nothing was said (we're going to a cookout this weekend and were voluntold to bring a couple pasta salads).

Meat & chicken prices are out of control! Produce prices seemed fairly normal although I noticed a few items were bit more than usual. I didn't really pay attention to the dairy prices though. I didn't start paying attention until after that section.

Masks, besides employees were few & far between. Floors are still marked and signs are hanging for direction. Most people were following along with that. There was a few people that weren't following the directional arrows and were itching to get into it with someone. It was pretty obvious 'cause they made sure anybody else in that isle knew they didn't give a shit. I went so far as to give Cheryl a heads-up that if one of those fuckers got in my face, no words were going to be spoken. THAT'S how fuckin' obnoxious they were - it had gotten me to that point.

Besides dipshits like that, it seems most shoppers are actually MORE courteous now.
    I did some errands yesterday. We had a LONG list of groceries ($550), near the end, with the cart heaping over bad, I went to the separate pharmacy section with the short rows. I parked my cart on the end and walked down the toothpaste aisle to get kids toothbrushes and toothpaste, wearing a mask, and politely said excuse me to the one lady in that aisle. She got 5 feet past me and in a bitchy tone said "youre going the wrong way...":

I am not sure I have ever wanted to say fuck you to someone more in my life.

I didn't say anything cause I didn't want to cause a scene, but FUCK. They are guidelines, not rules, I was wearing a mask, I kept my distance, I was polite. Get fucked, boomer bitch.

Last edited by xrocket21; 07-14-20 at 11:44 AM.

Update on Senior Hours (8am-9am) -- Trader Joe's and Whole Foods in Arlington MA -- fully stocked, few people. I get in and out as fast as possible, know what I want, and where it is in the store, grab 'n' go. Not eating dead animal parts any more, so shopping is a lot easier.

Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by whynot View Post
    Update on Senior Hours (8am-9am) -- Trader Joe's and Whole Foods in Arlington MA -- fully stocked, few people. I get in and out as fast as possible, know what I want, and where it is in the store, grab 'n' go. Not eating dead animal parts any more, so shopping is a lot easier.
    Market Basket was out of avocados the other day!! Plenty of everything else. That kinda shocked me though.

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Ha! Cheryl actually got some Newman's Own hot salsa yesterday, so they did then. I absolutely can't stand store bought salsa, so I won't be able to tell you how hot it is.
    Newman's Own sucks, Hannaford store brand hot is actually not bad for store bought, Green Mtn is ok as well, I've been trying out different brands of hot, as that is all they have, large bottles of Hannafords hot haven't been on the shelves for at least a couple months.

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Newman's Own sucks, Hannaford store brand hot is actually not bad for store bought, Green Mtn is ok as well, I've been trying out different brands of hot, as that is all they have, large bottles of Hannafords hot haven't been on the shelves for at least a couple months.
    Can't argue either way. I've yet to find ANY store bought that I actually like.

Made our usual 2-3 week trip yesterday to the Rochester, NH Ghetto Basket. Most supplies are back to normal, but prices were crazy on just about everything.

Directional arrows are still in place along with signage directing people. I was amazed at how many people were wearing masks this trip. Though there were signs at the entrance "requiring" masks, there were still a handful that weren't. And they were usually the dickheads that refused to follow the arrows too. And as usual, there was a young family of four that never donned masks and walked in any fuckin' direction they pleased. The same type that make it known to everyone within earshot that masks are stupid and they'll walk in any direction they please. Picture a white trash family in the typical Rochester, NH trailer park. Yeah, that was them.

Hannaford's on N.Main in Rochester had a gal handing out masks if you didn't have one.

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Hannaford's on N.Main in Rochester had a gal handing out masks if you didn't have one.
    I think there was a sign saying something similar.

I think there was a sign saying something similar.
    a sign handing out masks ? I suppose, Calef's in Barrington has a help yerself to a mask sign, and a box of masks next to the sign

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Went to MB on Wednesday. I politely asked a lady if she planned on touching every one of the Romaine lettuce bundles before she settled on one. She started to give me a look, then kind of smirked and said sorry. I meant no offense and I think she realized it. Sometimes we just do shit that makes other people ask WTF are you doing. Often we don't realize we're doing it. We both had a laugh and went on our way.

Made our usual 2-3 week trip yesterday to the Rochester, NH Ghetto Basket. Most supplies are back to normal, but prices were crazy on just about everything.

Directional arrows are still in place along with signage directing people. I was amazed at how many people were wearing masks this trip. Though there were signs at the entrance "requiring" masks, there were still a handful that weren't. And they were usually the dickheads that refused to follow the arrows too. And as usual, there was a young family of four that never donned masks and walked in any fuckin' direction they pleased. The same type that make it known to everyone within earshot that masks are stupid and they'll walk in any direction they please. Picture a white trash family in the typical Rochester, NH trailer park. Yeah, that was them.
    I don't have a PhD but Bill the science guy says wear one so that's good enough for me.

[/IMG][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by bassomatic View Post
    Market Basket had a sign today. No Husking Corn. Thank You MB

To anger a conservative tell him a lie. To anger a leftist tell him the truth.

tis the season for farm stands, corn is best within 12 hours of being picked

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Quote Originally Posted by 02redhawk View Post
    Went to MB on Wednesday. I politely asked a lady if she planned on touching every one of the Romaine lettuce bundles before she settled on one. She started to give me a look, then kind of smirked and said sorry. I meant no offense and I think she realized it. Sometimes we just do shit that makes other people ask WTF are you doing. Often we don't realize we're doing it. We both had a laugh and went on our way.
    How difficult is it to take one of the plastic produce bags, put your hand in it, find the right item and pull it through the bag, voila, no touching!

tis the season for farm stands, corn is best within 12 hours of being picked
    Always drove me nuts to see piles upon piles of half shucked corn sitting there like that. The quickest way to make fresh corn rotten is to peel the husk.

We're lucky that we still have farms around us. Most sell right at their front doors. If you're lucky, you may even get chances to pick your own or help fill a truck with fresh produce. Most farmers will pay with you with veggies you just picked! I get the thrill of a lifetime early in the spring when I get to sit on my neighbor's converted planters, rowers & harrows and help him get his rows in. A handful of the stuff he pulls with his circa 1950's Alice Chalmers was originally designed to be pulled by livestock.

Always drove me nuts to see piles upon piles of half shucked corn sitting there like that. .
    first time I saw that, I said What To Fuck, out loud, in the store,, maybe I should start peeling oranges in the store, it's not like they sell corn by weight.

nothing like vine ripened fruit, picked green and ripened during transport just isn't the same

RandyO
    IBA#9560