Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Guitar geekery (and other musical whatnots)

Re: Guitar geekery (and other musical whatnots)

Thanks man. Today was a lot of fun.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Got some of the loud stuff unpacked. Fired up the DSL today, itís an absolute animal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guitar geekery (and other musical whatnots)-3d11b66a-1a70-46da-b0e5-59f72f4253dc  

0 Not allowed!

Yes!

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Finally went back into the electronics and got my project tele working. It sounds ... ok. Im sure the pickups and stuff are chinese junk. Also, a tele is just not a good guitar to convert from lefty to righty, the switches and knobs are just in the wrong place. If I liked playing it, I would go back in and get some decent pickups and stuff, but, its not really worth the money. It was a fun little project to play around with and learn on. Honestly, I think I'm going to get another kit, and actually do it up right. See what happens. This one might be destined for the dumpsters.

0 Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Here is my current setup.Guitar geekery (and other musical whatnots)-20190325_172505-jpgGuitar geekery (and other musical whatnots)-20190325_172531-jpgGuitar geekery (and other musical whatnots)-20190325_175121-jpg

The QSC drives two Peavey PR12s and the Peavey drives the Sub while in bridged mode. What has prompted me to post this is I'm picking up a second QSC RMX850 this week. My original thought was to put them in bridged mode and have each one drive drive one of my PR12s. Who doesn't like 530 watts driven per speaker as opposed to the 200 watts per ch. I am slightly rethinking my approach. A little confusing reading to me and I'm now thinking about just leaving them in parallel mode, drive one speaker per amp and just let the amp work easier. I'm sure some of you know much more about this then I do so I'm looking for some advice. This system gets used sparingly at best. Don't really get to turn it up much now that I have a little one running around and I didn't need the second amp but the opportunity arrived.

Just to stay within the guitar topic I do have an American Strat, Ibanez 4 string bass, beater yamaha 6 sting acoustic and an Applause acoustic bass. None of which I can play well anymore. Just strum a few chords here and there to entertain my daughter.

0 Not allowed!
    James
    12 KTM SMR 450
    07 CRF 250R
    LRRS/CCS #79
    NEMM #79

GMD Computrack
    Diamondback Designs
    Robs Dyno

I'd screw it into the rack and leave it as a spare. Unless you're seeing the clip lights on the current amp fairly often I don't think you're really gonna see any benefits.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Uncle Snake; 03-25-19 at 06:56 PM.
    Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

So after failing at capitalism with my Laser Metronome idea, I decided to work on a VST3 software version. The beta is ready and I need to test it on some DAWs other than Presonus StudioOne before I start trying to sell it. If anyone would be willing to help out with this on other DAWs and provide some feedback, it would be helpful. It's nice to be able to let the DAW run in record mode and still be able to record in sync with the time transport without having to wear headphones or listen to that infernal click track. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rj...mStqk6RlTXyRXv . My drummer was playing his electronic kit along with it from across the room. Any thoughts on pricing and constructive criticism would be appreciated. Rock on.

0 Not allowed!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213