Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Guitar geekery (and other musical whatnots)

Re: Guitar geekery (and other musical whatnots)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Snake View Post
    Charvel XL650, best playing neck I've owned. Just a hair better than my Time customs.....

If anyone is intersested(except Chipper as there may be some squealies.....) my bros latest live facebook live link is here: https://www.facebook.com/cjteffner/v...707078464/?d=n
    Cool video.

The XL650/750 were awesome, the evolution of the model series. The necks on those 86-91 Charvels are sweet. Iíve got most of the model series, including a model 88, but always looking to put a 650/750 in the collection. Mint ones donít show up often.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Oh, his isn't mint any more....... Scallopped neck, front humbucker, custom wiring, EMG 80/81 or Gibson Tony Iommi pick ups.....

Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Oh, his isn't mint any more....... Scallopped neck, front humbucker, custom wiring, EMG 80/81 or Gibson Tony Iommi pick ups.....
    Well, theyíre meant to be played! I look for minty ones to collect, but Iíve got several with beauty marks and battle scars. The pointy headstocks on the old Charvels just beg to be beat up.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    Well, theyíre meant to be played! I look for minty ones to collect, but Iíve got several with beauty marks and battle scars. The pointy headstocks on the old Charvels just beg to be beat up.
    It also has the big screw holes from where a Dodge Duster emblem wad screwed to the front above the pickups.... ;-)

Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

It also has the big screw holes from where a Dodge Duster emblem wad screwed to the front above the pickups.... ;-)
    Ha thatís awesome! The model 88 I have looks like someoneís girlfriend dumped nail polish remover on the body and headstock. Finish was fucked. Itís currently stripped, but Iím leaving the headstock as is. The polyester coating on the body was a fucking nightmare to strip, heat was the only way and the fumes were unholy. It still needs a finish sand, but itís a gorgeous African Mahogany ( before it was banned). Itís getting a tobacco burst finish, new Floyd Rose to replace the JT6 and a bare knuckle Warpig pickup.

I should work on that today...

Sounds cool!

I have an Ibanez somethingorother 770(??) explorer shaped 4 string bass that we tried to get through the finish with Aircraft Stripper and it didn't even dull the finish..... My buddy that draws tattoo flash painted it up with skulls and bullets and shit. Over the pick ups and bridge so it looks totally Halloween! Skull knobs and everything! I'll look for a pic over the weekend.

Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100