Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Guitar geekery (and other musical whatnots)

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

Re: Guitar geekery (and other musical whatnots)

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    I'm just waiting on some copper shielding tape to finish the full electronics workover on ShittyMcBass.

It's an MCI Intertek H/P 2000. Basically a couple guys from Fender left and went to Texas and made Fender clones. Maple neck, solid wood, just shit electronics. Got a J/P bass for free a while back, so I decided to Quarter Pounder it and do new cap/pots/wiring/strings. Had to do a 1/2 degree shim on the neck cause the action was too high, we'll see how it stabilizes out once I get some time on it with fresh strings. Hear good things about the Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder pickups, interesting to hear how they sound compared to the stock junk.
    They’re pretty hot. I’ve had 2 sets of the Tele qp’s. They work awesome in the Tele with 500k pots, are a little dark with 250’s. Obviously, ymmv, but don’t be afraid to experiment.

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM LRRS 560x retired, PSTR 317 B-vet, NETRA enduro B-vet

The Nebulas: surf. Instrumental, gnarly surf.

iTrader Score

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    Thanks, it is pretty rare to pull that kind of profit out of a flip. I bought it for stupid money, which was surprising give that it had "MADE IN U.S.A." stamped on the headstock...I've found it easier to buy guitars cheap, then trade them up when an opportunity comes and flip the more valuable guitar. The Warden says more need to go, along with 2 Marshall 1/2's. I love cash but I get attached to these things if they stick around long enough!
    Well, I underestimated the market for vintage shred guitars. I've sold 3 including the 1st one I posted about and have profited just over $2,400! If you've got some old stuff laying around it might be worth checking into what similar stuff is selling for, you might be surprised.

I'm going to put a bigger push on taking the time to peruse pawn shops as I go by, I'd like to flip 10 instruments next year...

0 Not allowed!

iTrader Score
    4 (100%)

Yowza!

0 Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM LRRS 560x retired, PSTR 317 B-vet, NETRA enduro B-vet

The Nebulas: surf. Instrumental, gnarly surf.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456