Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Handicap seating at Fenway?

Posting Freak

Handicap seating at Fenway?

If anyone knows how to secure handicap seating at the ballpark can you PM me? We have guests coming and they'd like to take in tomorrow's game, but their girl is wheelchair bound. Thanks.

0 Not allowed!

Re: Handicap seating at Fenway?

Not an expert, but my wife is newly handicapped and we've found that most major venues are extremely accommodating. You should call the box office (I'm sure it's a hassle) and they'll tell you what to do. The girl's family likely also has tips.

Our experience has largely been showing up to events with normal tickets, the staff saying "oh shit, you're handicapped, follow me" and then they take us to killer seats.

0 Not allowed!

Fenway has handicap/wheelchair seats....Call the Box Office and speak to them.

0 Not allowed!

Posting Freak

I've already called the box office and left a message (I suspect they are closed for the All Star break). I'm hoping someone would know a more effective approach.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Bonk!; 07-10-19 at 09:09 AM.

suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar

twitter them? or tweet them ... whatever youngins do these days.... send them a snapchat.

0 Not allowed!
    hmmmm......

Hypertarded

use this link:

Los Angeles Dodgers at Boston Red Sox Tickets - 7/12

they have live chat agents, blue box lower left corner, they'll be happy to help you out

0 Not allowed!

Posting Freak

"you will have to buy accessible tickets directly fro the venue" was their answer.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nick5446 View Post
    Not an expert, but my wife is newly handicapped and we've found that most major venues are extremely accommodating.
    that's my experience as well, several years ago, went to Bush Gardens in Tampa with my older brother who had MS, while he could walk some, it didn't take long for his legs to turn to rubber. so I was pushing him around in a wheelchair, they had us cut right to the front of all the lines on the rides, because we had no waiting, we got to go on all the rides in the park, some several times. I think however some of the people in the lines waiting thought the wheelchair was a rouse, cause out of the chair, he did have good mobility for a few minutes

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    that's my experience as well, several years ago, went to Bush Gardens in Tampa with my older brother who had MS, while he could walk some, it didn't take long for his legs to turn to rubber. so I was pushing him around in a wheelchair, they had us cut right to the front of all the lines on the rides, because we had no waiting, we got to go on all the rides in the park, some several times. I think however some of the people in the lines waiting thought the wheelchair was a rouse, cause out of the chair, he did have good mobility for a few minutes
    This happened a few years back..

"A couple of years ago, Disney faced a scandal due to its unusually forward-thinking accommodation of disabled people. Disabled people used to go right to the head of those long lines. At a Disney resort, being disabled was a positive advantage.

Of course, you know, rich Manhattanites had to ruin a good thing somehow. These rich Manhattan parents, it turned out, had hired disabled people as “guides” to cut long lines for rides.

At the moment of embarrassing exposure, Disney faced a corporate dilemma. It could double down on its long-standing and strong support of people with disabilities and their families. Or it could back down, and take the position that it is better to fail to accommodate a few people rather than let a few free riders slip by.

They chose the latter."

Disneyland Cracks Down on Fake Disabilities, Forgets Real Ones

0 Not allowed!

Never fails. Someone scams a system... WE MUST END THE SYSTEM!!!

0 Not allowed!
    -Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.