help us, o digital gurus

NOT laughing with you {~; bemused's Avatar

help us, o digital gurus

my kid sister is in the market for a digital camera, and my knowledge on 'em is sketchy, at best. she's looking for something in the 2-3 Mb, $200-300 range to shoot for her landscaping business & occasional artsy-fartsy stuff she now shoots to film.

any suggestions from you pixel wizards out thar? rugged would be good, since she'll be dragging it all over NM. she saw one advertised w/ a feature she liked-- charge batteries while still in the camera, like a cell phone-- and any other gee whiz features that I know nuthin' about would be the balls.

waddaya say?

0 Not allowed!
    WWSD? (what would Sneakers do?)
    "for every credibility gap, there is a gullibility fill"
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R

help us, o digital gurus

guy I got a (Fuji) Fine pix 2600 and its about the best short money camera you can buy. Two fity at circuit city. E-mail me at rabidmsports@metrocast.net and I'll send you a few photo's to check out......

0 Not allowed!

help us, o digital gurus

U DA MAN!

Thanx, Bill... email comin' yer way

0 Not allowed!
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R

Uppercrust Euro Rider SilverSurfer's Avatar

help us, o digital gurus

I have a Canon Powershot A40. 2mp, tons of manual adjustments, it can record movies with sound, and the picture quality is great. I paid $268 delivered from www.buydig.com.

The camera comes with an 8 mb compact flash memory card which is good for something like 36 pix at superfine compression with 1024x768 resolution. The camera will take pix up to 1600x1200 resolution.

Within a week of purchase, I bought a 64 mb cf memory card, a camera case, 2 sets of rechargeable batteries, a battery charger, and some photo paper for another $140. The 64 mb card will hold 126 pix at superfine compression and 1024x768 resolution.

We're VERY happy with this camera.

0 Not allowed!
    <table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=100%><tr><td background="http://www.nestreetriders.com/images/fill1.gif"><font color=white size=1 face="Trebuchet MS, Arial"><b>SEAN
    01 DAYTONA 955i | 00 DAYTONA 955i | 89 KATANA 600</b></font></td></tr></table>

help us, o digital gurus

still awaiting an update... sent her this thread (along w/ Rabid1's email) a coupla days ago.

knowing her, she'll thank her big bro for the help... then go and get something completely different

thanx, all for the responses-- might be in the market, myself, this winter, and this'll surely help.

0 Not allowed!
    jeff f
    '97 RF900R

help us, o digital gurus

Hey well seeing how this thread has been revisited I figured I'd throw out my 2 cents.....

and no I don't care if you don't want to hear it...

I just bought an Olympus C-4040 Zoom.... 4.1 mp... yadda yadda yadda...

C-4040 Review

Loving it so far.... has taken great pics, in auto even... I haven't learned to use much of the manual stuff yet... but it's all there for when I do...

Anyway... they have the 5050 (5mp) out now so the price on the 4040 was dropping... 4.1mp is plenty for me.... got it for $475 online from Bilibi.com ...

I can only attest for this one purchase... but everything went smoothe with them.... bought some accessories as well... they discount everything when you buy the camera... and threw in a free case cause I bought the batteries and smart media card...

So that's it... carry on...

0 Not allowed!

help us, o digital gurus

I got the Canon Elph. 2 megapixels. Good zoom and great pics. Tiny as hell so you have no excuse not to take it anywhere.

0 Not allowed!