Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home Gym

Re: Home Gym

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    This post was incredibly helpful, thanks for writing it all up.

I don't have an unlimited budget, but if you were to go with a Rogue rack for either a basement or garage, what would you go with? I want something that can take a pull-up bar, but my unfinished basement ceiling is about 93" high. It's obviously going to lose an inch or two when I finish it, so that's gonna get real tight...
    You donít have enough clear vertical. The rogue rigs, racks and cages all have dimensions on the website.

The monster lite rack is 92Ē, wall mounts are taller. If you get a cage that fits your space you can always use the spotter bar for pull ups with crossed and bent legs to keep your body/head lower.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    You don’t have enough clear vertical. The rogue rigs, racks and cages all have dimensions on the website.

The monster lite rack is 92”, wall mounts are taller. If you get a cage that fits your space you can always use the spotter bar for pull ups with crossed and bent legs to keep your body/head lower.
    There are a couple of options that are 90" high, like the R-3 Power Pack... but that's going to be really, really tight. Are there any specific racks you'd recommend that are 90"?

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Why not just put an olympic bar across some of the higher holes and do pull ups off that?

2012 Tiger 800 XC

There are a couple of options that are 90" high, like the R-3 Power Pack... but that's going to be really, really tight. Are there any specific racks you'd recommend that are 90"?
    Sorry, I donít. My last house had the gym in the basement and I had to place the cage so the top pulley assembly fell between the stringers. It was tight. But it worked just fine.

This house has 10í ceilings so I had a ton of options and got the Monster Lite cage (smaller footprint).

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Why not just put an olympic bar across some of the higher holes and do pull ups off that?
    And get a rack or rig with a lower overall height, you mean? Sorry if this is a dumb question...

If the racks are 90-92" and you only have 93" you run out of space for your head on a pull up if using the top "pull up bar". So why not rack the bar at something like 70" and hang off it with bent knees so you can still do pullups?

Like this pic but with the bar mounted low enough so you still have clearance.

Home Gym-pull-pullup-gym-1200x628-facebook

Last edited by e30addict; 02-13-21 at 11:23 AM.
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

If I put the barbell here at the top of my half-rack, it’s about 6’ high. I can bend my knees and do pull-ups from it.
    Home Gym-3081ae20-ee58-44db-8f3a-7ec5f2d4dded

-Matt

If the racks are 90-92" and you only have 93" you run out of space for your head on a pull up if using the top "pull up bar". So why not rack the bar at something like 70" and hang off it with bent knees so you can still do pullups?

Like this pic but with the bar mounted low enough so you still have clearance.

Home Gym-pull-pullup-gym-1200x628-facebook
    I’m an idiot, I didn’t even think of my head being even higher. Thanks for the picture, that looks like a good workaround!

I bought a treadmill from Dick's before everyone knew what traitors they were. It was originally $3500, but they were getting rid of the brand for another one and marked them down another $1000. Then they had the floor model and it was $1200, so I bought it. It showed 45 minutes of use on the clock. I can use Google Maps to put in a route and run it using street view. The treadmill will change elevation according to the actual elevation of the road I'm supposedly on.

My actual screen of a route in Hawaii on street view.

I also have a very low ceiling and wanted a squat rack. They were always way to tall. I found this bench and rack on Craigslist. I think I paid $300.

The weights I bought mostly on craigslist when they weren't asking stupid money for them. The barbells up to 25 lbs also came from Craigslist. The rest I bought one at a time from Dicks before they were actual dicks.

I also bought a Precor stretch trainer. I used to use one at a Golds Gym and thought it was awesome. I also got that from Craigslist for $200.

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.

This post was incredibly helpful, thanks for writing it all up.

I don't have an unlimited budget, but if you were to go with a Rogue rack for either a basement or garage, what would you go with? I want something that can take a pull-up bar, but my unfinished basement ceiling is about 93" high. It's obviously going to lose an inch or two when I finish it, so that's gonna get real tight...
    I'm just seeing this reply now...

Honestly, I can't say which exact rack I would go with from Rogue. They've always been out of my budget so I never immersed myself in the variations from one model to another. I can say this...Go with a full rack. Believe it or not, half racks actually take up the same amount of space but lack the safety and the many options a full cage gives you. If you're worried about height there are shorter options. The only catch with something shorter is you'll have to lift your feet when doing pull-ups.

I wouldn't dwell on getting a super high end rack. Go with something that has the right dimensions. I would love a Rogue just because I like nice things, but in reality, my 2x2 does just about everything a Rogue would do.

Number 9 here you go. At 82" high this should be perfect for you. Titan's are Rogue knock offs. The quality isn't nearly the same, but functionally there's no difference.

https://www.titan.fitness/racks/powe...0210219_244932

There's is a 2x2 option as well if you want to go a little cheaper. This is pretty much identical to what I have. It's also available in an even shorter version at 71".

https://www.titan.fitness/racks/powe...0210219_244932

I strongly recommend you browse the rack accessories to see what kings of options you have. Below is the link for the 2x2 accessories.

https://www.titan.fitness/racks/rack...es/t-2-series/

Last edited by BSR6; 02-19-21 at 03:11 PM.

Well of course the shit showed up today, 2nd time Iíve been out of bed in six days...570 lb pallet!

It took every fucking thing I had to get it offloaded and unpacked. Quality of components is absolutely fantastic and USA made. In this case you do get what you pay for.

The Hydrow is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Home Gym-f676a904-4271-4297-ad83-5c921b96083f  

Last edited by gixxer72; 02-19-21 at 06:55 PM.

Done, except for a set of 10/90 adjustables. Clean and simple setup for powerlifting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Home Gym-7a3a15a4-09fe-41df-9fbd-02d15e9a4ed7  

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123