Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Home Gym

Re: Home Gym

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    It certainly helps with accountability, ADD folks like me and strength endurance. That's why I dig it.
    Same for me really. I never would have expected that I would love it, but here we are! It's not perfect - there are some movements that I think are pretty dumb (e.g. butterfly pull-ups which I can't do anyway) - but it's been a great 9 months so far.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Think I'm ready to pull the trigger...

Home Gym-untitled-jpg

Paired with this bench https://repfitness.com/products/ab-3...justable-bench

Have some Dicks gift cards I can pick this up. Not the best, but using the gift cards towards the weights is kind of ideal. Especially having them in stock locally.

Quote Originally Posted by 01xj View Post
    Think I'm ready to pull the trigger...

Home Gym-untitled-jpg

Paired with this bench https://repfitness.com/products/ab-3...justable-bench

Have some Dicks gift cards I can pick this up. Not the best, but using the gift cards towards the weights is kind of ideal. Especially having them in stock locally.
    I have almost the exact same set up only I don't have the lat attachment and I bought a different bench (also made by Rep Fitness).

Something to consider with the bench...If you go with just a flat incline and forego the decline option you get a much smaller and less expensive bench without sacrificing quality. Also, decline benches tend to have wide base pads allowing you to hang by the back of your knees when you are in the decline position. This can be a problem for other positions such incline or even flat as the wider pad can force your legs into an awkward angle.

I've also found there's no need for decline work as the alternatives are actually better.

Long story short...I started with a FID bench and ended up just going with an FI bench due to the above. The bench I ended up with was a lot cheaper but still great quality and the few inches less it is in length made a big difference.

Got all my equipment in this week. Pretty fast shipping. Ordered on Wednesday the 12th. Got two boxes on Friday the 14th. Two more Saturday. Two more on Tuesday the 18th. I opened up the multi grip barbell. I certainly don't think I'll ever have enough weight on it to break it, but the welds look like shit. Chunky with some visible splatter that wasn't taken off. Ripped down all the hodgepodge DIY bullshit from the old owner of our house. Need to make a few dump runs and then I'll be in the clear to start framing the room and putting the equipment together. I really want to tear into it and get it assembled, but I know it's just more stuff I'll need to walk around while doing the walls and sheetrock for the room.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345