Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home security options

Re: Home security options

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    No, this wasn't a military guy. He was a typical gun nut. It was in direct reference to being able to fire defensively from the house. He would fit right in on NEShooters.

Home invasions will happen when there is big reward, or you when you give them a reason to hate you. Don't make enemies. Flaunting your wealth is a good way to do that. The have-not's get mad/jealous pretty easy and don't have much to lose.

Did the gun nut guy take that approach after you told him "If you want to protect yourself from someone looking to do you or your spouse harm, you can't. End of story." ??

It's got to be near impossible to get out of bed in the morning when you are so helpless and defeated.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gixxer72 View Post
    Did the gun nut guy take that approach after you told him "If you want to protect yourself from someone looking to do you or your spouse harm, you can't. End of story." ??

It's got to be near impossible to get out of bed in the morning when you are so helpless and defeated.
    No, I just let him continue his rambo tirade about doomsday prepping and stopped him short of chemtrails.

Being a realist does not mean being helpless and defeated.

In the world of cameras, alarms, good locks, a huge dog, and firearms at the ready, I have employed all of the above.

And not a single one could stop a smart person from knockin me off easily if they wanted to.

Sorry if that rustles your jimmies. Safety is an illusion.

2 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

No, I just let him continue his rambo tirade about doomsday prepping and stopped him short of chemtrails.

Being a realist does not mean being helpless and defeated.

In the world of cameras, alarms, good locks, a huge dog, and firearms at the ready, I have employed all of the above.

And not a single one could stop a smart person from knockin me off easily if they wanted to.

Sorry if that rustles your jimmies. Safety is an illusion.
    Nice twist. Now it's a "smart person". We're talking about thieves and home invaders (i.e. junkies). Why are trained assassins and ninja's after you?

0 Not allowed!

Once again, thieves and home invaders typically don't want to deal with people, their goal is either money or money for drugs. Path of least resistance.

0 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

when you're the rooster, they always come to snuff you....

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

Did something happen to bring this to light, or are you being proactive?
    Being proactive, although lots of little things have been going on in the neighborhood, with gun theft (from an unlocked car) recently added to the list. We are in a nice neighborhood abutted by basically a trailer park.

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    We have the Nextdoor groups in our neighborhood and surrounding and you get a lot of tips there.
    This is partly why I am so concerned, because every little thing that happens is now discussed for days on our neighborhood groups.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvDog View Post
    Donít make it easy to see that you have nice stuff inside. Iím amazed at people who leave their curtains open at night with all the lights on and their big screen TVs going. Itís so easy to see whatís inside.
    I wonder about the opposite strategy. I have nothing of value on the first floor of the house, not even a TV. The nicest thing that could be stolen is our baby stroller.

0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12