Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Honda Foreman 500's - School Me Quick

Re: Honda Foreman 500's - School Me Quick

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    You get a ATV... hit me up. We can ride out of my house and do a good 2-3hs
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Same here. Got a few good hours heading out from the props.

Hell yea. I just need a way to move the damn thing. I only have a 5.5 foot bed on my truck... going to need a small trailer soon.

Gonna need some offroad gear too, I gave away all my old MX gear years ago.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanNicholson View Post
    Hell yea. I just need a way to move the damn thing. I only have a 5.5 foot bed on my truck... going to need a small trailer soon.

Just toss it in the truck and ratchet 'er down! I do it all the time. If you're overly concerned about your tailgate, get a couple 6-foot 2x8" boards to put under the wheeler's tires to help distribute the weight.

0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

that has been my issue, my UTV will fit in an 8' bed, but not a 4x8 trailer, it needs a 4x8 which the club built for me. one of the benefits of being a "trailmaster" I've been putting in a lot of hours, working on landowner permissions. We may have 5 miles of "official trail" between Johnson's Restaurant in New Durham, and Stoneman's property open as early as this fall. working on extending the trail southwesterly thru Farmington & Rochester to connect with the 18 miles of trails we have in Rollinsford, Dover & Somersworth

one of the club goals is to have trails that wiggle thru residential neighborhoods, atv enthusiasts won't have to trailer to get on the system

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by RandyO; 06-25-19 at 09:48 AM.
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Just toss it in the truck and ratchet 'er down! I do it all the time. If you're overly concerned about your tailgate, get a couple 6-foot 2x8" boards to put under the wheeler's tires to help distribute the weight.
    Yea that's a pretty good idea. Having it sit on the tailgate does kinda freak me out... though I tend to prepare for the worst case scenario by default.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    working on extending the trail southwesterly thru Farmington & Rochester to connect with the 18 miles of trails we have in Rollinsford, Dover & Somersworth
    ATV/UTV only, right?
    Which club are you associated with?

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    ATV/UTV only, right?
    Which club are you associated with?
    Tri-City Trailblazers, ATV/UTV SxS, dirtbike, horses, hiking, bicycle ....in winter snowmobile(however I do not believe they are groomed ) multi-use trails with the caveat, that landowners have the right to limit, but I am not aware of any landowners in the system that exclude anything. Trails in Rollinsford are tight, larger SxS will have trouble. We seem to have a conflict, once you make a trail wide enough for the larger SxS, then you get jeeps on the trail that are not allowed

1 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

Tri-City Trailblazers, ATV/UTV SxS, dirtbike, horses, hiking, bicycle ....in winter snowmobile(however I do not believe they are groomed ) multi-use trails with the caveat, that landowners have the right to limit, but I am not aware of any landowners in the system that exclude anything. Trails in Rollinsford are tight, larger SxS will have trouble. We seem to have a conflict, once you make a trail wide enough for the larger SxS, then you get jeeps on the trail that are not allowed
    And I'm sure with the upbeat in Mahindra Roxors in our area, a lot of property owners are going to be led to believe that Jeeps are sneaking around out there!

I'm also pretty sure there's a width restriction on most trails that would exlcude "larger SxS's" anyway. Gates that are just wide enough for ATV's, SxS's & sno-mo's do a really good job keeping the assholes out.

0 Not allowed!

I think I just found the motivation to go get a 2019/20 sticker for the 200.

0 Not allowed!

And I'm sure with the upbeat in Mahindra Roxors in our area, a lot of property owners are going to be led to believe that Jeeps are sneaking around out there!

I'm also pretty sure there's a width restriction on most trails that would exlcude "larger SxS's" anyway. Gates that are just wide enough for ATV's, SxS's & sno-mo's do a really good job keeping the assholes out.
    We're dealing with similar in Maine. Because legal large SxS's are paying for offroad registrations we have to accommodate them on the trails, then Jeeps show up and wreck things and get the trail closed. What really pisses me off is when the idiots drive over ATV / snowmobile bridges and trash them... bah. I believe Maine sets the trail width limit at 60" for trails on private property currently.

0 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel / Warp9 Racing
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6 / 2000 LS650P

larger SxS problem isn't width as much as length, turning radius is problematic on some of the tighter turns, some of the bridges are only 6ft wide, makes little leeway when crossing

0 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post

I think I just found the motivation to go get a 2019/20 sticker for the 200.
    I just approved your application to the facebook page, club meeting July 2, 5pm @ Dover Bowl

1 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    We're dealing with similar in Maine. Because legal large SxS's are paying for offroad registrations we have to accommodate them on the trails, then Jeeps show up and wreck things and get the trail closed. What really pisses me off is when the idiots drive over ATV / snowmobile bridges and trash them... bah. I believe Maine sets the trail width limit at 60" for trails on private property currently.
    At one time NH was limited to 50". It went up to 54", then it went up a couple inches to 56". Now with SxS's, they've upped it to 65".

Seeing as Jeep's are pretty much over 6' wide, I hearken back to my gate comment. I've seen them work well. JUST wide enough for SxS's, and will still keep the Jeepholes off the trails.

0 Not allowed!

I just approved your application to the facebook page, club meeting July 2, 5pm @ Dover Bowl
    I may just be able to make that one!

0 Not allowed!

Yea that's a pretty good idea. Having it sit on the tailgate does kinda freak me out... though I tend to prepare for the worst case scenario by default.
    eh, itll be fine. I put my sled with a 137" track in the bed all the time, and I dont exactly take it easy making the trek up north

0 Not allowed!

I'm not sure I'll be able to pull off meetings. Consider I've been a MVTR member for years and never made it over to Freedom for so much as a single meeting.

I'll be tuned in for calls for help with work parties though. I can shovel, rake and run a set of pruners about as good as any overweight, middle-aged mouse jockey.

0 Not allowed!

So I had a brain fart and just realized my parents have an aluminum 5'x8' utility trailer with a ramp but recently got rid of any vehicle they could tow it with.

Totally confiscating that shit.

2 Not allowed!

I'm new to the club, and recreational riding, almost all my utv hours are work related. As a member of my town's economic development committee, my project has been to promote OHRVs, just look at what they have done to the economy of the north country ... why should we trailer 3 hrs to Jericho, and spend our money there, when we have potential for trails here.... that would eventually connect with the north country

1 Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

I'm new to the club, and recreational riding, almost all my utv hours are work related. As a member of my town's economic development committee, my project has been to promote OHRVs, just look at what they have done to the economy of the north country ... why should we trailer 3 hrs to Jericho, and spend our money there, when we have potential for trails here.... that would eventually connect with the north country
    *could* eventually connect. COULD. But I like your enthusiasm!

0 Not allowed!

So... curious for those more in the know... had an awesome day out at Hop/Ev yesterday. Holy shit I can't believe I haven't been out there before. About 5 hours of the most fun I've had off road to date.

The wheeler came with a back seat mounted. If I wanted to bring the fiancee out there on it, is that kinda thing legalish? We didn't run into anybody writing tickets but just wondering what would happen if we did. The seat has a "for stationary purposes only" sticker which makes me laugh.

Thoughts?

Honda Foreman 500's - School Me Quick-screen-shot-2019-08-12-a Honda Foreman 500's - School Me Quick-screen-shot-2019-08-12-a

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by RyanNicholson; 08-12-19 at 07:01 AM.

I've never seen anyone get harassed for using one of those seats.

1 Not allowed!
    771 Racing -=- FaceBook
    Backed by Heroic Racing Apparel / Warp9 Racing
    A-ko - 1992 FZR400RR SP / Mistake - 1992 WR250ZD / Facade - 2003 YZF-R6 / 2000 LS650P

So... curious for those more in the know... had an awesome day out at Hop/Ev yesterday. Holy shit I can't believe I haven't been out there before. About 5 hours of the most fun I've had off road to date.

The wheeler came with a back seat mounted. If I wanted to bring the fiancee out there on it, is that kinda thing legalish? We didn't run into anybody writing tickets but just wondering what would happen if we did. The seat has a "for stationary purposes only" sticker which makes me laugh.

Thoughts?

Honda Foreman 500's - School Me Quick-screen-shot-2019-08-12-a Honda Foreman 500's - School Me Quick-screen-shot-2019-08-12-a
    Yeah, I've got one on my Arctic Cat. Besides being awesome for storage, it's a great spot for my wife. She's been on many rides with me and it's never been an issue. The only time it MAY be an issue is if you do a permitted ride (Mount Washington, club rides, etc) because some of those permitted rides only allow 2-up on a factory built 2-up. BUT, we've also done those on our "not for passenger" seat and it's yet to be a problem. Hell, even up north where you can ride streets hasn't been an issue.

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    I've never seen anyone get harassed for using one of those seats.
    Yeah, I've got one on my Arctic Cat. Besides being awesome for storage, it's a great spot for my wife. She's been on many rides with me and it's never been an issue. The only time it MAY be an issue is if you do a permitted ride (Mount Washington, club rides, etc) because some of those permitted rides only allow 2-up on a factory built 2-up. BUT, we've also done those on our "not for passenger" seat and it's yet to be a problem. Hell, even up north where you can ride streets hasn't been an issue.
    Yea this is pretty much what I was expecting and hoping to hear. Going to get an off road helmet for her this week and head out there again on Sunday I think, if any of you blokes want to join.

0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12