Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Honeymoon/1st Vaca recommandations

Re: Honeymoon/1st Vaca recommandations

Looks like Punta Cana is leading. Passport 6 month bs isn't a requirement. About $2350 for 5 nights (arriving at 9:30pm on first night) with airfare. Additional costs will be the trip from the airport to the resort and back. Seems like $25 or $65 per person. Seems like we won't be leaving the resort at all. Things i wanted to do like swim with dolphins or jet ski probably won't happen either but not sure.
    I want to believe it will be worth it and we will enjoy our 4 + 1/4 days of vacation in what looks an amazing place and my top always wanted to go to destination.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

The thing with punta cana is you really shouldnt leave the resorts. Its pretty bad down there. Its one of those places were you never feel safe and for good reason. Its not all bad but if your on vacation do you really want to be trying to figure out what is and isnt. Those resorts are good if you want to relax and drink and eat yourself to death but not for going out to explore and sight see.

Yeah of course. And I think we are ok with that for this time.

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    The thing with punta cana is you really shouldnt leave the resorts. Its pretty bad down there. Its one of those places were you never feel safe and for good reason. Its not all bad but if your on vacation do you really want to be trying to figure out what is and isnt. Those resorts are good if you want to relax and drink and eat yourself to death but not for going out to explore and sight see.
    Fuck that. Last time I was in Punta Cana I hitch hiked out of the resort on the back of a scooter to the nearest town. Sat outside a bodega all afternoon and drank Presidente with the local dudes neither one of us understanding much of what the other was saying all while getting propositioned by the local hunnies. It was an epic day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

ain't nuttin wrong w/that scubasteveRR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    swim with dolphins and jet skiing
    can happen in Florida

and in Puerta Plata i left resort for a whole day on an excursion up this huge river waterfall system that climbed up the side of this hill/mountain, we visited a coffee plantation and had dinner at a place in town.

Then I caught a cab into town another day to get some Amber things and walk around. never had an issue and never felt unsafe... but then again i didn't look like i had money and I was pretty young at the time.

Last edited by scubasteveRR; 08-05-17 at 11:10 AM.

I know it's not all inclusive or in a fancy Caribbean country, but the wife and I went to Montreal for 4 days a few weeks ago and it was one of the best trips I've had. Weather is perfect this time of year and everything is cheap due to the exchange rate.

Great for history and food lovers. Not a ton of lounging by the pool/ocean though . Oh and a ton of walking.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / Mad Scientist Moto / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / GMD Computrack Boston / Knox / Moto Pizza
    2003 Honda CBR600RR / 2009 Kawasaki ER6N / 2007 Kawasaki EX650

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Looks like Punta Cana is leading. Passport 6 month bs isn't a requirement.
    I did Punta Cana for my honeymoon. It was fun, don't get sucked into the time share presentations though. They will assault you at the airport. The hard rock has a pretty awesome place (ewe got sucked into the time share presentation there), Id probably stay there if I was going back. The only time we left the resort was to go surfing, that was awesome, Id highly recommend that if you're into it at all. Its very beginner, but was an awesome way to get off the resort

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

So we just came back and all I can say is WOW
    Dominican Republic is where its at! We had an absolute blast!
    The resort was great, beautiful, clean. The staff polite and super helpful (majority speaks as much English as I do Spanish aka not at all). I got cool with some of the employees and we were able to leave the resort, see the real country, eat real dominican food, drink real dominican alcohol and stayed at his family's cookout for a bit. Tipping takes you a long way there, couple of singles to the bartender and you get premium alcohol that for other is unavailable. tip the cleaning crew and you will receive pleasant surprises. It was worth every penny to get there and now that i am doing my research it would be almost half price if booked in advance and use some promo codes/groupon.
    MUST GO DESTINATION in my opinion. Found some super cheap packages on groupon that I am currently researching. One week in the DR can be cheaper than one week at the cape and the cape is complete trash as far as food and beaches. We will most likely go again in January and then again some other time.
    Thank you to all who gave suggestions and tips. Mexico is also on the list but it will be tough to not go back to DR.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    I did Punta Cana for my honeymoon. It was fun, don't get sucked into the time share presentations though. They will assault you at the airport. The hard rock has a pretty awesome place (ewe got sucked into the time share presentation there), Id probably stay there if I was going back. The only time we left the resort was to go surfing, that was awesome, Id highly recommend that if you're into it at all. Its very beginner, but was an awesome way to get off the resort
    spot on advice! we did not do a single presentation. Politely said we are not interested every time they approached us, they were very easy to identify with different color shirts and usually had a VIP logo somewhere on them. after day #2 they politely waived from far and they knew we dont care about it. leaving the resort was fucking awesome but I would not recommend it for everyone. It is ugly and dangerous out there.

Stowe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The only that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun. I'm a good guy with a gun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12