How's the Leominster MA RMV office?

How's the Leominster MA RMV office?

I need to renew my drivers license. Last week I went to the Watertown RMV and the line was out the door, had to be 100 people waiting to take a number. I left. The WAIT TIMES posted on line just cover time after check-in, and don't reflect how long the line is before check-in.

I'd rather drive the extra 20 minutes than stand in line for hours. So I'm thinking of going tomorrow morning for 9am opening at Leominster.

Any experience out there with the Leominster RMV?

0 Not allowed!
    Don't believe everything you think.

Re: How's the Leominster MA RMV office?

No idea about Leominster. But I've been to Watertown a half-dozen times over the past year, and have never waited more than 20 minutes to get served. If you get there at 9am there'll be a line outside, but still, less than 20 minutes.

0 Not allowed!
    '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

They've just moved the leominster office into the new building. The way they do things actually makes more sense now and it moves along pretty good. Last time I went it for something fairly simple, the check in guy took care of it, in and out in 4 minutes.

0 Not allowed!
    Dad's Dream: Earn enough money to live the life that his wife and kids do.

The registry is porked right now due to the new National ID drivers license requirements.
    My advice go join AAA and go to a branch near you. I still waited over two hours even there. Make sure to have all your documents in order. Especially for the new ID's
    Look up the requirements online before you go. And if your social security card has been laminated they will not take it.
    Good luck.

0 Not allowed!

Everybody to the limit!

1 Not allowed!

Thanks to all.

I guessed it was the new license requirements slowing things down. I've got a current passport ID card that should fulfill the requirements from what I see.

No matter where I go, I'm allowing a half a day. Will wear comfortable shoes, take food and water and something to read.

0 Not allowed!

Mid morning, mid week, mid month.

Had best luck in Revere.

1 Not allowed!
    1975 BMW R90/6 | 2008 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 Honda CRF100F | 2009 Yamaha TrailWay 200 | 2012 Yamaha WR250R | 2016 Honda CB500FA | 2016 Suzuki GSX-R750

Went to Leominster last Friday around 3:30. It was about a 30 minute wait in line to get a number. Fortunately I was just renewing my registration and they did it right there at the counter. The place was pretty packed inside and the parking lot was just about full.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Garandman View Post
    Mid morning, mid week, mid month.

Had best luck in Revere.

I can hit all three "mid" points tomorrow.

0 Not allowed!

Amazing info. Looks like I'll be going anywhere *but* Boston within the next week.

0 Not allowed!
    Bill Cool --- LRRS/CCS EX #47 --- 2012 LRRS AM Thunderbike Champion --- RSP Racing / Tony's Track Days / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Dyno Solutions / Sport Bike Track Gear / Knox / Brunetto T-Shirts / Mad Monkey Motortsports / MOTUL / GMD CompuTrack

Mission accomplished, license renewed.

I decided to hit the three mid-points and try Leominster since I've had bad luck with long lines at Watertown the past year or so. The drive for me one way was 45 minutes, Watertown can take me anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes.

Easy to get to, got there at 10:25am. No line waiting to check with the greeters, and since I had already started my renewal on line and printed it out, they sent me down the green lane where no one was waiting, got my number, and had a seat, the place was maybe 1/4 full. My wait time was 40 minutes and processing time was 3 (that's right three) minutes.

I think the 40-minute wait time had to do with other license applicants filling out the paperwork by hand, then the clerk has to key it in. Start your application on line, and print out the form to speed things up.

Leominster for me henceforth. Next visit will be for a title and plate for a vintage bike that I insure with Hagerty Agency.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by whynot; 05-17-18 at 07:50 AM.