Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

So I'm dating a MILF.....

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

Re: So I'm dating a MILF.....

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNoF4i View Post
    The bottom line is: you are 22. No matter how much you think you know, you don't know shit. You are quite mature for even realizing that this "kid" could become an issue in the not-so-distant future. But again, you don't know shit. And while this issue has sparked some interesting discussion, I highly doubt you will let a bunch of keyboard psychologists decide the fate of your future (especially when said future includes banging a hot chick.) I vote that you should just continue living your life and see what happens. Then try to learn from your mistakes. There are millions of hot chicks in this world. Some of them have kids, and some of them are virgins, but all of them are fucking crazy and they will all drive you nuts in the end.
    Haha!! Awsome post.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

i date a milf sometimes, she's hot and 26. her son is 7, but me and him get along great. we play with action figures and stuff (me an her son).

milfs are kinda young for me, but gilfs are more fun anyway

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

The bottom line is: you are 22. No matter how much you think you know, you don't know shit. You are quite mature for even realizing that this "kid" could become an issue in the not-so-distant future. But again, you don't know shit. And while this issue has sparked some interesting discussion, I highly doubt you will let a bunch of keyboard psychologists decide the fate of your future (especially when said future includes banging a hot chick.) I vote that you should just continue living your life and see what happens. Then try to learn from your mistakes. There are millions of hot chicks in this world. Some of them have kids, and some of them are virgins, but all of them are fucking crazy and they will all drive you nuts in the end.
    AMEN. Listen to the Doctor.

The bottom line is: you are 22. No matter how much you think you know, you don't know shit.
    While I do find most of your post rings true, I take issue with this one statement. At 22, I was graduated from college and living with my now-husband, getting engaged and buying a home. Not everyone is path-less in their 20s. That may be rare, but remember: "not all who wander are lost."

Ryan, I have met you and you seem you have a good head on your shoulders, and no matter what we tell you, I do think you will do what is right by you. If you heed any advice, listen to those who tell you to tread softly. Grown-up hearts can be and have been broken, but that kid's world has already been crushed once (by dad leaving), and it shouldn't have to happen twice (by getting attached to you quickly and then you leaving). Keep taking it slow and get to know where your relationship with her is going before you develop much with the kid.

As for the "don't do it you'll lose your bike rights" thing.....there are plenty of parents who ride, male and female. Maybe motorcycles are a good way for the two of you to get to know each other without becoming too close with her kid while you figure out if this is something you want to take to the next level.

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by bigred875 View Post
    i think you need to sit down and really think about what you want out of your relationship with her and her son. Anything other then the "fairy tale" isnt fair for her son, regardless of what she says.

the baggage comment is more then just because she has a kid...

From what you have said in your posts this girl doesnt have a habit of making the best choices in life.....kid at a young age, ex is a pyscho..... those are 2 warning flags that should pop up...not "deal breakers" but not issues that should be ignored..

now we all make bad choices in life...but the smart ones learn from them and do not repeat them....she could be a smart one...but it's likey she is a repeat offender..so be careful...did you sleep with her on the first date? did you meet her kid fairly soon? Is she "all in" in the relationship...a little too soon(but it's cool cuz you like her)...

proceed with caution my friend...she could turn out to be "the one"...but she could also be a shitload of trouble...

my money's on the latter but i'm a cynic

+1 +1 +1 These are all the things you need to think about and more! Your young, do you really want to step into this role...You've got allot of livin to do brother. If it's something you feel strong about than knowone in here should sway you from doing what you feel is right. But you wouldn't have posted this thread if you were one hundred percent sure, so you should really think about this. Good luck with what ever you decide to do bud. Just for the record i'm one hundred percent with Red on this one...

Last edited by stevecbr900rr; 02-21-08 at 10:51 PM.
    1993 Honda CBR900RR
    1990 Suzuki GSXR1100
    1992 Kawasaki ZX750
    1996 Honda F3 Trackbike

Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mzdagrl View Post
    While I do find most of your post rings true, I take issue with this one statement. At 22, I was graduated from college and living with my now-husband, getting engaged and buying a home. Not everyone is path-less in their 20s. That may be rare, but remember: "not all who wander are lost."

god chris' post is even better now! validation!!!

Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

Does she have money? a dowry? real estate? 401K?

fuggit - any mildly attractive friends she could bring to the track?? (of course they need to like old married guys..)

Quote Originally Posted by Denno View Post

Uhm....are you agreeing with me or calling me an idiot? Either way, the point was, a person is perfectly capable of making good decisions at a young age, and to not jump too quickly to conclusions based on someone's chronological number.

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

Full Tilt - Full Time Trackday Guru's Avatar

Oh My GOD! Truer words have never been spoken...
    Amen brother, you have a believer.
    If only I had realized this way back when...

Mike
    Am #124

Quote Originally Posted by SSearchVT View Post
    Actually it's a MILFA... Mother I'd Like to F**k Again...

I was sort of in a similar situation (a little older, two boys, etc). The kid already has a father, so you're not going to fill that position. You can however be a positive model for him.

You're not the diciplinarian - that's the parents role. You are allowed to get mad if - for example he breaks something of yours. Let his mother know what he did. Let her be the one to hand out the punishments, etc. Be prepared to have dates cut short/cancelled at the drop of a hat. Things happen with kids.

Is she on good terms with her ex? If not, and he doesn't want her dating, he can make it real tough, real fast.
    I was in a very similar situation to what you & Ryan are both saying, and that there is great advice. Not saying it's what you're into Ryan, but I've been with the same MILFA for 14 years now and married to her for 10 of those. Besides having a hand in raising her then 3 year old (she's 17 now-YIKES!), we also have 2 children of our own together. Nothing in a million years woulda led me to believe I'd be where I am now-NOTHING. But I couldn't be happier. If you're thinking a split is inevitible and it'll be hard cuzza the kid, think of this - the only thing that'll really matter at that point is that for some amount of time you have a positive impact on the kid. In his eyes, you'll be the good guy no matter what for many years to come...

Holy fuck! Did I just say all that???

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    milfs are kinda young for me, but gilfs are more fun anyway
    Ewwwww...I think I just puked a little in my mouth. Aren't those called 'cougars' now?

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

North Reading (also known as the North Pole)

I forgot that people here actually take me serious. I am married (been with my wife for 7 years). I love riding and so does she. I was joking

Quote Originally Posted by MissTwisties View Post
    I'm sorry..but that's a little ignorant...LOL I have two children, and I'm obviously into bikes, so is my husband. Oh and I was that "Milf" once...now I'm married to "that guy" who took a chance on me. We have another child, have a very nice place, and have a normal life...with problems like everyone else. Imagines...he could be single, partying and have all the money for himself that he works his ass off for...what an idiot he was!!

2006 Ducati Monster S2R800

She looks like just a "kid" to me.. But I'm an old fuck!

If all else fails, Lean more....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/brendanp/brendanp_sig.jpg

My motto in life (one of them anyway) is: Never get so attached to something that may be difficult to leave at the drop of a hat. This includes kids and dogs. Think about that.
    Isn't that a line from Heat?

Quote Originally Posted by brendanp View Post
    She looks like just a "kid" to me.. But I'm an old fuck!
    well you are old enough to be her dad

Quote Originally Posted by mzdagrl View Post

Ryan, I have met you and you seem you have a good head on your shoulders, and no matter what we tell you, I do think you will do what is right by you. If you heed any advice, listen to those who tell you to tread softly. Grown-up hearts can be and have been broken, but that kid's world has already been crushed once (by dad leaving), and it shouldn't have to happen twice (by getting attached to you quickly and then you leaving). Keep taking it slow and get to know where your relationship with her is going before you develop much with the kid.

As for the "don't do it you'll lose your bike rights" thing.....there are plenty of parents who ride, male and female. Maybe motorcycles are a good way for the two of you to get to know each other without becoming too close with her kid while you figure out if this is something you want to take to the next level.

I hear ya on the being young and still knowing a little something about life or being on the right path. After ski jumping with the national team for years and being successfully self employed for a while I'd like to think I'm slightly more on track than the usual 22yo. As it sits right now I'm one of very few of my close friends that actually has a career. Thats one thing I like about this board and being at the track, even those of you that are close to me in age seem to have a pretty similar mentality.

Chris is still completely right though, I don't know shit haha or at least when it comes to the whole settling down, normal lifestyle. Good call on the bikes being a good way to keep my distance from her son for a while...warm weather can't come soon enough. She's also excited to come hang out at the track

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    I was in a very similar situation to what you & Ryan are both saying, and that there is great advice. Not saying it's what you're into Ryan, but I've been with the same MILFA for 14 years now and married to her for 10 of those. Besides having a hand in raising her then 3 year old (she's 17 now-YIKES!), we also have 2 children of our own together. Nothing in a million years woulda led me to believe I'd be where I am now-NOTHING. But I couldn't be happier. If you're thinking a split is inevitible and it'll be hard cuzza the kid, think of this - the only thing that'll really matter at that point is that for some amount of time you have a positive impact on the kid. In his eyes, you'll be the good guy no matter what for many years to come...

Holy fuck! Did I just say all that???

Its not that I'm thinking a split is inevitable...but thus far my longest relationship is all of 4 months...and I didn't even talk to her for the last month or so haha. But like I said in a previous post my life is definitely settling down a lot so the possibility of an actual relationship is becoming more of a reality. I do like your comment about having a positive impact on the kid for at least some time and always being the "good guy" for years to come....I'd like to think that no matter what happens down the road at least this will be the case.

dammit I need to ride and stop thinking about this kind of shit

Quote Originally Posted by Denno View Post

I couldn't have posted it better myself.

Victory!

Support the Troops! (Except for Mondo, that guy's a dick)
    -----------------------------------------------------

Ryan.... You can do better my friend.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

+1000 no offense to her, but thats a lot more than what you're probably ready for at this point... (but to each their own i guess..)

Full Tilt - Full Time Trackday Guru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Ryan.... You can do better my friend.
    OUCH! That should make her feel awesome when she reads this. Talk about helping the guy......
    And Ryan....she will eventually find out about your "little friends" here on your "little forum" if you stay with her for any real amount of time. And be prepared, 'cause when she finds this thread she's prolly gonna be pissed. How dare you or your "friends" speak about her or her kid in this way, using this medium.
    See, they have a way of finding everything you love, like, enjoy, or are remotely attached to (to any degree) and stomping the shit out of it with absolutely no regard for the fact that you started this thread in the hopes of finding some guidence from the previousely mentioned "keyboard psychologists".
    So be prepared my friend. Such is life with woman.
    And sometimes, yes sometimes life sucks.....You will surely see this soon.
    Good luck.

P.S. Call me later, I'll give you some examples if you need them.

Mike
    Am #124

Hungry like a wolf... MissTwisties's Avatar

Ryan, if you ever choosed to, I believe since you were the instigator of the thread, that you can delete it. If not, you can always ask Stoneman to do for you? It would suck if she was to ever read this...I don't think you've said anything "bad", but some of the other guys did...lol Trust me, she won't be happy reading some of the comments.

www.elementsofbalancemt.com
    www.facebook.com/misstwisties

"If you don't stand for something you fall for everything."
    "Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by RyanNicholson View Post
    i think i opened up a whole new can of worms here...

thanks for all the well thought out posts. i have no intention of ditching her just because she has a kid....

the last couple years I've had this habit of dating a girl for 2 weeks then i "get really busy with work and miraculously my phone, internet, and car all die at once." I'm thinking about resolving that issue for once.... just thought it'd be interesting to see what you guys thought, especially the people that have kids or have been through something similar.

hey I have that problem too!! damned electronics ... maybe afterall there is hope for me... maybe my mif is waiting out there somewhere for me!

Quote Originally Posted by MissTwisties View Post
    Ryan, if you ever choosed to, I believe since you were the instigator of the thread, that you can delete it. If not, you can always ask Stoneman to do for you? It would suck if she was to ever read this...I don't think you've said anything "bad", but some of the other guys did...lol Trust me, she won't be happy reading some of the comments.

haha yea i really didn't expect such a party for this thread. it has been entertaining though.

Lifer

I don't mean to sound like a jackass... but what about looking at the situation through YOUR eyes Ryan? Why should YOU be the one to decide what's good and what's bad for HER kid at this point? Everybody keeps saying, don't let the kid get too attached and then break up the relationship, it'll crush him. Shouldn't she be thinking that? If you like this chick, do what you gotta do! If she thinks it could be bad for her kid if you were to leave, then that's her decision; it doesn't effect you buddy. You have to get into a relationship first for yourself... who says, "I'm doing the right thing by dating this fat ugly chick because it makes her happy." (that statement doesn't apply if you're a c h u b b y chaser ) Nobody says that! C'mon, it's all about yourself having fun and being happy in the beginning of a relationship right? When you get older, it's all about making the wifey happy... because if she's happy, then you're happy. (am I not right? c'mon old timers, back me up on this one)

summary: If you like her and want the relationship to go further or just to see where the relationship goes, then go for it by all means, stick with it. If it starts getting serious and SHE becomes afraid, in the event that you two did break up, that it would be too hard for her child, then it's on HER shoulders to act. She's the mom, her kid is her responsibility, worry, joy... her life.

just something to think about.

disclaimer: i'm just playing devil's advocate for the purpose of debate... it's something to think about tho

how long has she been a single mom? how many guys have come in and out of this kids life? I mean at 3 its not going to be as bad as say 5 or 6. I find a lot of young mom's at some point (2/3 that I have dated) take an ugly swing and worry about recapturing thier stolen moments vs the childs best interest. I left a girl and her twins after witnessing just how horrible a mom she was and let her know that.

Adobe Certified Expert, Photoshop CS4
    Adobe Certified Professional, Flash CS4

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast