Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Intermittent Fasting

suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar

Re: Intermittent Fasting

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Ahh that makes sense. That trainer is very low end, so that comparison to the peloton is expected. That is referred to as a dumb trainer as it doesn't make automatic resistance adjustments based on outputs from an application. Smart trainers use apps to vary resistance based on either a preloaded workout or due to conditions experienced in a virtual world. It also gives you cadence, heart rate (with a he monitor), power, speed, etc. There are also devices like the kickr climb that change the elevation of the front fork when climbing or descending gradients in the virtual world/app. The wahoo bike would be a closer comparison to the peloton imo (but more expensive and more functionality).
    I can see that point. Wahoo I'd assume is doubleish to 1kand then for only 600$ I can get a peloton a dedicated bike 24/7 365/yr. I'm good withy choice. Other folks probably have other space constraints etc.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    I can see that point. Wahoo I'd assume is doubleish to 1kand then for only 600$ I can get a peloton a dedicated bike 24/7 365/yr. I'm good withy choice. Other folks probably have other space constraints etc.
    Fair enough just two different schools. Peloton is for those who just want a workout of some sort at home. Trainer is for those who are cyclists. I just didn't want others to think that trainers were below what a peloton can offer.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

I've continued to be consistent with IM and training - I try to exercise all week, but only do the IM on weekdays, fasting 8pm to noon.

I pushed myself the most today. I stopped eating last night at 8 then I went rock climbing for ~ an hour. I then got on the bike this afternoon at noon for about 1.5 hours and actually tried pushing the pedals with some threshold intervals (the maximum pace you can hold for an hour. If you're a runner, think of it as your 10k or half-marathon pace). I did 3 ~10 minute intervals of this. Doing your hour pace for only 10 minutes may seem easy, but the right way to think about it is that it is very achievable but not necessarily comfortable. Then I was immediately in 2 hours of meetings, so I didn't eat anything until 3:45. That's 19.75 hours of fasting, with about 2.5 hours of exercise built in.

A few observations
    1) The hunger hit me hard about 10 minutes into my ride, but did subside. The initial hunger gave me a major sense of dread that I was going to have a very, very miserable bike ride, but I didn't.
    2) The "intensity" I did wasn't anything crazy, but enough that if something was truly off I wouldn't be able to do it. It more or less felt fine.
    3) By the time my calls were over my body was really, really asking for food.

A couple other more general observations I've had since its been over a month now.
    1) It has gotten much easier to not eat after 8pm
    2) Mornings were never that difficult for me to not eat, but I think that's cause I pound black coffee and seltzer water.
    3) I feel very full after my first meal of the day. I just had 2 eggs on toast with Avocado and I am completely satiated. I don't think I should be.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how things are going. If I was in full on cycling training mode, I would probably feel different, but with my current level of activity I am satisfied. The pounds are coming off, but visually I feel like I look the same.

Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 11-17-21 at 07:00 PM.
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011