Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Intermittent Fasting

Re: Intermittent Fasting

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    One week completed

217.8 - 212.3 = 5.5 pound lost.

Don't bother with the "it's water, It's..., blah blah blah"

I'm just reporting what the scale told me.

I feel better, am not really hungry during the fasting times. Exercise has been minimal, that has to pick up this week.
    nothing wrong with loosing water, if it comes out your skin as sweat.

I go up and down 5 lb a day depending what time I weigh myself. that said, I'm down 11lb this week, back in the 270's, changes in medications affect my metabolism big time, I'm taking one that has turned my into a slug, over the last year, I have gained 20 lbs, but my doc attributed it to "everyone in gaining weight during covid" anyway, I just had another med change a few weeks ago, that seems to be counteracting the sluggishness, as well as it's intended purpose, I am taking a cocktail of meds for several diagnosis. and of course, I can't eat grapefruit

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    As long as the workout is less than an hour or so I don't have a problem doing it on an empty stomach.
    Agree with this. If you're doing any endurance activity you just can't perform well throughout without some fuel. And recovery would take longer. Basically any runs ~7mi or above, I start adding in gels.

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

well, day 1 thoughts. Black tea tastes terrible. staying busy is key. sitting around the house is brutal. It's definitely doable. It seems like it will work.

Paul_E_D

Yes, busy helps a lot. I’m choosing projects to avoid eating...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    well, day 1 thoughts. Black tea tastes terrible. staying busy is key. sitting around the house is brutal. It's definitely doable. It seems like it will work.
    if it helps, I'm pretty sure sugar substitutes are allowed (splenda etc)

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong. As a big tea drinker I've cut out real sugar for it a long time ago (not for IF just for empty calories that aren't needed)

Quote Originally Posted by Vovchandr View Post
    if it helps, I'm pretty sure sugar substitutes are allowed (splenda etc)

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong. As a big tea drinker I've cut out real sugar for it a long time ago (not for IF just for empty calories that aren't needed)
    Check out the first ingredient in Splenda....

Stevie is good to go. Some of the others definitely not, while some are debatable.

Last edited by e30addict; Yesterday at 07:14 PM.
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Check out the first ingredient in Splenda....

Stevie is good to go. Some of the others definitely not, while some are debatable.
    Dextrose? Whats that?

What about the other 2 major substitutes? Are they also somehow deceiving? Genuine questions.

Dextrose? Whats that?

What about the other 2 major substitutes? Are they also somehow deceiving? Genuine questions.
    Depends on what you consider deceiving. They all have great marketing. Based on my limited research sugar substitutes might not have the same calories as pure sugar, but they seem to derived to some degree from sugar or sugar alcohols or even corn and other stuff you may not want in your body.

Equal contains dextrose and maltodextrin and sweet and low dextrose. Yeah, we eat too much sugar in general, but is that worse then chemical alternatives to save a few calories? Personal call there.

For me, I'd rather not mess with them and use either a cleaner Stevia product or monkfruit sweetener for sugar substitutes.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2012 Tiger 800 XC

Day 3 without coffee. This tea is pretty good black.

Intermittent Fasting-41a4dfa1-2fea-499b-a297-2c70d55d2de4

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    Depends on what you consider deceiving. They all have great marketing. Based on my limited research sugar substitutes might not have the same calories as pure sugar, but they seem to derived to some degree from sugar or sugar alcohols or even corn and other stuff you may not want in your body.

Equal contains dextrose and maltodextrin and sweet and low dextrose. Yeah, we eat too much sugar in general, but is that worse then chemical alternatives to save a few calories? Personal call there.

For me, I'd rather not mess with them and use either a cleaner Stevia product or monkfruit sweetener for sugar substitutes.
    Thanks. I'll give Stevia a try sometime. I heard it's got a very unique taste for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycapp View Post
    Day 3 without coffee. This tea is pretty good black.
    I was doing black coffee last time I tried IF and the biggest downfall for me is how considerably darker my teeth became in a short time. Yes I know there are ways to minimize it like follow up drinking with water etc, but to me it was a no compromise. Trying to solve one problem by creating another. Coffee with creamer seems to have a much more mild effect after it near daily for over a decade now.

Thanks. I'll give Stevia a try sometime. I heard it's got a very unique taste for obvious reasons.

I was doing black coffee last time I tried IF and the biggest downfall for me is how considerably darker my teeth became in a short time. Yes I know there are ways to minimize it like follow up drinking with water etc, but to me it was a no compromise. Trying to solve one problem by creating another. Coffee with creamer seems to have a much more mild effect after it near daily for over a decade now.
    This is the Stevia I like. Small quantities are fine, but I found with large amounts I notice the bitter after-taste more. That's why I started using a combo of it and monkfruit sweeteners in some of the stuff I make. I've been drinking coffee and tea black for years so my actual use of sweeteners is pretty low and I still stuff my face with plenty of sugary foods as well.

https://www.sweetleaf.com/sweet-prod...via-sweetener/

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Today was morning gym day. I caved and ate 2 eggs before working out. I was glad I did as it was "power" at OTF and I might have passed out on an empty stomach! haha, probably not, but mentally it would have been tough.

Paul_E_D

Today was morning gym day. I caved and ate 2 eggs before working out. I was glad I did as it was "power" at OTF and I might have passed out on an empty stomach! haha, probably not, but mentally it would have been tough.
    I feel like it does get easier over time. Before I would need to eat something during a morning swim if I went into it on an empty stomach. This morning swam 3k yards without eating anything before or during.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345